"Reading Tenacity Will Come Through"

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: "Reading Tenacity Will Come Through"

by SteveRoyal » 07 Dec 2008 19:20

bottom left hand corner
SCIAG Bikey, Rosenior, Doyle, and possibly Marek are the best at what they do in the divison. The rest of the team are up there. I think that comes down as "class".

We're also extremely hard working- just ask Doyle, Harper, Karacan, Long and the Hunts.

The only thing is that wolves and birmingham have class of there own

Kightly, Hennessey, Iwelumo, Ebanks-blake

Phillips, Larsson, Bent, Jerome, Carsley

Funny how the most effective of all those players are the first and last names in the lists. :P

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Dec 2008 21:13

bottom left hand corner
SCIAG Bikey, Rosenior, Doyle, and possibly Marek are the best at what they do in the division. The rest of the team are up there. I think that comes down as "class".

We're also extremely hard working- just ask Doyle, Harper, Karacan, Long and the Hunts.

The only thing is that wolves and birmingham have class of there own

Knightly, Hennessey, Iwelumo, Ebanks-blake

Phillips, Larsson, Bent, Jerome, Carsley

I didn't say they didn't. Still, I think that if all our players play to their best (and all other players do likewise), we have easily the best XI in the league. Simply because Bikey is so much better than any other centre back or even centre back pairing.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 07 Dec 2008 23:00

"Knightly" hasnt been very good atall on the whole, according to Wolves fans his head is in the clouds over a move to Spurs. Jarvis is Wolves best imo

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 07 Dec 2008 23:26

juanpablo "Knightly" hasnt been very good atall on the whole, according to Wolves fans his head is in the clouds over a move to Spurs. Jarvis is Wolves best imo

be intresting to see how many others are affected by possible "big time" moves in jan

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 08 Dec 2008 13:03

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL
juanpablo "Knightly" hasnt been very good atall on the whole, according to Wolves fans his head is in the clouds over a move to Spurs. Jarvis is Wolves best imo

be intresting to see how many others are affected by possible "big time" moves in jan

My feeling is (let's hope I'm not being over-optimistic) that if anyone is going to lose big players over Jan, it's going to be Wolves. Us and Birmingham kept the players we've got through relegation, which is by far the most likely time for forced departures. With things looking reasonably good for both of us, it's definitely not the time to cash in. Despite the "big-time" rhetoric, Wolves haven't a squad that has had success as a unit so I can see individual players having less faith in the team's ability to reach the premiership. Additionally, I'd imagine that with our parachute payments both us and Birmingham are in better financial shape than Wolves. They're more likely to find an offer to be too good to refuse.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Dec 2008 17:22

Unless Wolves go on a poor run now I think they'll be alright. They're playing well enough and are far enough ahead that players will be confident of promotion.

they'll have a pretty good chance of attracting a good replacement even if anyone goes and you can beat they'll splash what they get in, which will be a lot for the likes of Kightly or Iwelumo who would seem the most likely to go.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Dec 2008 18:21

Ian Royal Unless Wolves go on a poor run now I think they'll be alright. They're playing well enough and are far enough ahead that players will be confident of promotion.

they'll have a pretty good chance of attracting a good replacement even if anyone goes and you can beat they'll splash what they get in, which will be a lot for the likes of Kightly or Iwelumo who would seem the most likely to go.

That's an interesting point of view. I think that, given the strength of their lead only a couple of weeks ago, if they are caught or even if they are only a point or so ahead, their 'stars' may be more nervous about their chances than those of the chasers that are 'on a roll'.

As for splashing what they get in - on who exactly ? There are precious few talents around, and there are a number of Premier League clubs that will be scrabbling for the same ones that Wolves, Brum and ourselves are likely to be looking at. Why would any of them risk missing out when they can have jam today as opposed to jam tomorrow (possibly).