Which of the three youngsters has been most impressive?

Which has been the most impressive?

Karacan
77%
Pearce
17%
Henry
3%
None of the above
2%

Total votes: 86
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Which of the three youngsters has been most impressive?

by Top Flight » 11 Dec 2008 11:25

I think all three of them have the potential to be first team regulars here at RFC.

I believe Karacan has all the attributes. But I think Karacan will need about 2 or 3 years of experience in the first team before he matures into a very good Central Midfield player. (In the same way that Sidwell and Harper needed to mature and gain experience before they became really effective. Sidwell gained experience at Brentford and Brighton and took about a year to become really good for us as well. Harper wasn't brilliant straight away. He needed a few years before he became a Premier class Centre Midfield player)

I also think Pearce has all the attributes to be a top top centre half. But he too will need a good couple of years of first team Championship football either with Reading or out on loan before he matures in to a really good centre back for us. (In much the same way Adie Williams needed about 2 or 3 years before he suddenly became a class centre back) With the first two, they just need experience.

james henry, I'm not so sure about. 1 game isn't really enough to judge the lad on. He needs to make a number of starts and he clearly has alot to learn. There were alot of things that he was doing wrong against Blackpool in my opinion. It doesn't mean that he can't become a really good right winger, but he has alot he needs to work on before he becomes effective enough and able to make a difference in a big game. Rosenior needs to talk to him more and point out his errors. And henry needs to listen to the experienced pros around him and make the runs down the wing that he wasn't making against Blackpool.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 11 Dec 2008 12:20

rabidbee I can't decide between Pearce - who has always impressed me - and Karacan - who I think is this season's revelation.

The bench is no place for a revelation of course.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 12 Dec 2008 14:07

Pearce or Karacan, most probably Karacan, I have no idea why he's on the bench

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 12 Dec 2008 15:06

SteveRoyal Can we not have an option for "all of the above"? :?
I think they can all improve massively under Coppell's supervision, and they all have natural talent.
From what I've seen/heard, they're all good enough to improve and get into the first team.

Because the question is who has been the most impressive. I agree that they have all done well and all show potential, but only one can be the best/ most impressive (unless you think they are all exactly the same, which is unlikely). I would be intrigued to hear from the person who said 'none of the above'; on the same basis, even if you think they are all rubbish, one of them is bound to be more impressive than the others so that is a cop out answer.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 12 Dec 2008 15:54

Norfolk Royal The bench is no place for a revelation of course.

Don't know about that. I am now fully confident he can come in and do a job if the others are out. I think he's now on the bench because he's waiting his turn again, not because he's too young/weak to be risked. In other words, I think he's now a full member of the squad, and being treated in the same terms as the others.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 12 Dec 2008 16:12

SteveRoyal
bootboy Remember theres also Church who did well for the wales u21 as well.

Church looks a bright prospect. Quite exciting to see him partner up with Ramsey (who, essentially is quite a lot like Marek in his passing and vision) and score the goals. He must be in sight soon, especially if Long fails to perform.

Church's league record from his loan spells is poor. I want to see more consistency from him in lower leagues before we give him his first team chance. His reputation at the moment largely comes from 2 games.

In an ideal world Simon Cox would have got all the chances Shane Long has had and would be providing sufficient cover on the bench whilst Shane Long would be looking mediocre in League 1. I certainly can't imagine he's have the 13 Cox has already. Can't have it all though, hopefully Church will come good.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 12 Dec 2008 16:17

Karacan can can

Pearce comes very close as well. Will want to see them both in the starting line up in the near future.