RUMOUR - Herman Hreidarsson

229 posts
rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

RUMOUR - Herman Hreidarsson

by rob the royal » 18 Dec 2008 13:37

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/11 ... rsson.aspx

has nobody seen this or does nobody care? or am i just being blind and can't find the thread???

well anyway... it's obviously just a rumour built on the fact that he's not playing and that he's from iceland.

personally i think he'd be an excellent signing, i feel sorry for him not getting to play at portsmouth as i think he's quality.

Tinrib

Re: Herman Hreidarsson

by Tinrib » 18 Dec 2008 13:39

Ex Brentford so must be true..

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 18 Dec 2008 15:43

Too old, he's 34 now and he isn't going to come to us to sit on the bench.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 18 Dec 2008 15:51

Coppell signed him at Palace I think.

Alternative to Armstrong? Maybe a better footballer.

He's not great, would provide decent cover for 6 months. Very slow though.

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 18 Dec 2008 16:51

Because what we need is another centreback. :|

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 18 Dec 2008 16:56

rob the royal personally i think he'd be an excellent signing, i feel sorry for him not getting to play at portsmouth as i think he's quality.

:roll: Well, he won't be getting a game at Reading either. How many CBs do you think we have?!? :roll:

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 18 Dec 2008 17:03

Thaumagurist*
rob the royal personally i think he'd be an excellent signing, i feel sorry for him not getting to play at portsmouth as i think he's quality.

:roll: Well, he won't be getting a game at Reading either. How many CBs do you think we have?!? :roll:

can't he play left back as well. personally i think you need 4 good centre backs in your squad... i count 3 (unless you're including pearce but i don't include players who are on loan for what i would have thought are fairly obvious reasons)

i take the point that he's getting on a bit. but so are duberry and ingimarsson??

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 18 Dec 2008 17:07

Pearce can always be recalled from his loan, so yes, he does count.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 18 Dec 2008 17:56

rob the royal
Thaumagurist*

can't he play left back as well. personally i think you need 4 good centre backs in your squad... i count 3 (unless you're including pearce but i don't include players who are on loan for what i would have thought are fairly obvious reasons)

i take the point that he's getting on a bit. but so are duberry and ingimarsson??

Played left back for most of last season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2008 18:11

Nah, good player but he's on the way down and hopefully we are going in the other direction.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 18 Dec 2008 21:51

rob the royal http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/11360/Reading_interested_in_Hreidarsson.aspx

has nobody seen this or does nobody care? or am i just being blind and can't find the thread???

well anyway... it's obviously just a rumour built on the fact that he's not playing and that he's from iceland.

personally i think he'd be an excellent signing, i feel sorry for him not getting to play at portsmouth as i think he's quality.

I'd this rumour is highly possible as it really fits the SC bill - a former player and just the kind of player that shouts out to our moaners as LACK OF AMBITION!

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 19 Dec 2008 00:38

Thaumagurist* Pearce can always be recalled from his loan, so yes, he does count.

well the way i look at it is this. coppell obviously would prefer to use bikey duberry or ingimarsson, and that's why he was happy to send pearce out on loan, so surely that indicates that pearce is not yet seen by coppell to be of the same standard? the moment bikey and ingimarsson were both fit he was dropped...

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 19 Dec 2008 00:45

rob the royal
Thaumagurist* Pearce can always be recalled from his loan, so yes, he does count.

well the way i look at it is this. coppell obviously would prefer to use bikey duberry or ingimarsson, and that's why he was happy to send pearce out on loan, so surely that indicates that pearce is not yet seen by coppell to be of the same standard? the moment bikey and ingimarsson were both fit he was dropped...

And the moment they were both injured, he'd be recalled.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 19 Dec 2008 10:19

rabidbee
rob the royal

And the moment they were both injured, he'd be recalled.

'greed. And he's only out on loan to gain experience rather than as a way to get rid of him. So he can be ready to step in when he's needed....

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 19 Dec 2008 11:26

Ideal
donface Because what we need is another centreback. :|

Well clearly you don't know what you are talking about, the best performances in his career have all been as left back.
He is simply a great left back.

He is also a slow left back. The way we play means the full backs are required to push up and support the midfield a lot. Hreidarsson's pace would expose us.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 19 Dec 2008 12:24

It's unlikely he'll want to go from a Premiership squad player to a Championship squad player on less wages.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Rumour - Herman Hreidarsson

by Barry the bird boggler » 02 Jan 2009 07:43

From the Setanta site

Portsmouth defender Hermann Hreidarsson says he ‘fully expects’ to leave the club in January.

The Iceland international, 34, has failed to impress Tony Adams and has appeared only once since the departure of Harry Redknapp.

And Hreidarsson looks set to follow fellow defenders Lauren and Richard Duffy out of Fratton Park after revealing he has opened talks with a number of clubs.

“Nothing has changed,” he told the Icelandic press.

“I want to leave Portsmouth and the club knows my position and I know they will not make it difficult for me to leave.

“I have been in contact with a few clubs and I fully expect to be at another club come the end of this month.

“Nothing is concrete yet, but hopefully things will get clearer very soon.”

Reports have linked Hreidarsson with Reading and former club Ipswich.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Herman Hreidarsson

by SCIAG » 02 Jan 2009 09:18

Already a thread, will get linkage...

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Herman Hreidarsson

by SCIAG » 02 Jan 2009 09:18

UpNorth

Re: RUMOUR - Herman Hreidarsson

by UpNorth » 02 Jan 2009 12:38

He's going to Rangers if the rumours in the press are to be believed.

229 posts