McLeish Comments

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

McLeish Comments

by kwik-silva » 20 Dec 2008 15:48

Alex McLeish We had chances but Reading were more clinical than us and it's obviously disappointing.

But it doesn't decide anything. They are above us in the table on December 20 but the league will go right to the wire.

They are an efficient side who do the simple things well. They are not a beautiful passing side but they all know what they are doing and they're hard to beat.

I've always thought we are normally a beautiful passing side, not as good as others, but better than birmingham :? I agree with most of it the rest though

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: McLeish Comments

by brendywendy » 20 Dec 2008 15:53

luckily coppell wont let this go to any heads, and its bound to compound brums current dip in form

just need wolves to get some jitters now
though probably not today!

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 20 Dec 2008 15:56

if we`re not a good passing side then what does it make them?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 20 Dec 2008 15:57

A pretty mediocre hoofball side with a couple of classy players who'll always score goals like Phillips in all honesty.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 20 Dec 2008 15:59

Should have done his homework a bit better before the game perhaps...though admittedly having Federici kicking from goal helped.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Dec 2008 16:01

its funny
despite being better than them for a few seasons now, i still look at alot of their players enviously due to prem experience, and the appearance of being better players
but clearly they arent,

hats off to coppell again

and down with the scot twat, for being so darned ungracious

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 20 Dec 2008 16:03

brendywendy and down with the scot twat, for being so darned ungracious

Was just thinking this too. You never see Coppell taking cheap digs at other teams when we lose.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 20 Dec 2008 16:03

Alex McLeish They are an efficient side who do the simple things well. They are not a beautiful passing side but they all know what they are doing and they're hard to beat.

LOL

79Royal

by 79Royal » 20 Dec 2008 16:04

To be fair, we didn't pass it round much today and we are very direct. I can see why some might see us the same way as McLeish has. We were very effective today, without ever really being in control of the game. We out Birmingham'd, Birmingham!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 20 Dec 2008 16:04

He's just bitter.

Coppell for a knighthood!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 20 Dec 2008 16:05

79Royal To be fair, we didn't pass it round much today and we are very direct. I can see why some might see us the same way as McLeish has. We were very effective today, without ever really being in control of the game. We out Birmingham'd, Birmingham!

I think we were pretty direct but I think we had control of the game from the off.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Dec 2008 16:05

chilipepper91
brendywendy and down with the scot twat, for being so darned ungracious

Was just thinking this too. You never see Coppell taking cheap digs at other teams when we lose.

mcleish would have been crowing after a win too

coppell almost made me wet myself with his " zero significance comments

LOL

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Dec 2008 16:07

Archie's penalty
79Royal To be fair, we didn't pass it round much today and we are very direct. I can see why some might see us the same way as McLeish has. We were very effective today, without ever really being in control of the game. We out Birmingham'd, Birmingham!

I think we were pretty direct but I think we had control of the game from the off.

though from the whistle to the end, we bossed the game
only cisses mistake let them back in it for a moment,and perked them and the crowd up for a few mins, but then we soon shut them out again, and forced them to play infront of our two banks of four,which we could have done all day with doobs and ivar imperious

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 20 Dec 2008 16:12

brendywendy
Archie's penalty

only cisses mistake let them back in it for a moment,and perked them and the crowd up for a few mins, but then we soon shut them out again, and forced them to play infront of our two banks of four,which we could have done all day with doobs and ivar imperious

Cisse's mistake which came from Hunt's inability to pass to a completely unmarked Henry on the right? Instead poking it into a congested central position?

As soon as he recieved that ball, he had two players on him. Unless I'm completely distorting events, I think it's unfair to lay blame entirely at his feet.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Dec 2008 16:14

I think McLeish is about right.
We don't make many chances but our conversion rate is terrific.
We just have to hang on to Kevin Doyle,the one and only player on the pitch who looked Premiership class.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Dec 2008 16:14

Birmingham have been rubbish all season and have fluked a number of wins, they are a very average side. Why would you make comments on a team whose just beat you 3-1, concentrate on your own team before you try and take sly jibes at a team above you in the league. :wink:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Dec 2008 16:15

Gav
brendywendy
Archie's penalty

Cisse's mistake which came from Hunt's inability to pass to a completely unmarked Henry on the right? Instead poking it into a congested central position?

As soon as he recieved that ball, he had two players on him. Unless I'm completely distorting events, I think it's unfair to lay blame entirely at his feet.

indeed

hunty, ivar? and doobs all could have stopped it
maybe fed aswell

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Dec 2008 16:16

Victor Meldrew I think McLeish is about right.
We don't make many chances but our conversion rate is terrific.
We just have to hang on to Kevin Doyle,the one and only player on the pitch who looked Premiership class.

thought we had quite numerous chances today, not just the goals

though admittedly compared to theirs, our strikers are super clinical

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 20 Dec 2008 16:20

tbh who really cares what he says especially having beat his team on his own patch 3-1!! naturally he is going to be a bit bitter towards us.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Dec 2008 16:39

We changed our game against brum today, we played more direct than we do against poorer teams. But that's because we had sniper fed in goal.