player marks from the telly

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

Re: player marks from the telly

by SLAMMED » 20 Dec 2008 21:03

John 3:16
phil in cornwall Doobs completely dominated in the air. Everything they sent over he headed away. He seemed 9 foot tall.

No one has mentioned number 13. Didn't hear much from them on the telly but there was a quick flash of a santa with a magnificent white beard. 10 for effort to that man.

You couldn't hear us? :shock: We were immense! Didn't stop singing for 90 mins! One of the best away days I've seen this year (and I've been to all but a few).

'greed we never shut up. I cant remember more than a few seconds of silence from our end. I also cant remember more than one song from Birminghams end either. They were the worst home fans iv ever seen. The only song i heard them sing was "Your not singing anymore" when they equalised. And that was short lived :lol:

by John 3:16 » 20 Dec 2008 21:26

SLAMMED
loyalroyal4life
Chaney oh please!!! :roll:

lol dont know what game you were watching but anyone who gives harper a high score after he gave cisse a hospital ball which caused him to lose the ball and us subsequently loose a goal is crazy.

Did you even see Cisse's mistake? It was Cisses fault. He had control of the ball and he messed around with it. Im not exactly a harper fan but when other midfielders make mistakes, why does everyone blame harper. Maybe if you were actually at the game :roll:

I don't blame Harper at all for that goal. Not even a tiny percentage of blame for it. But didn't think he was great today. Dunno about him. I don't dislike him and I certainly appreciate him for his work for us over the years, but, I'm not convinced about him this season. Not sure ...

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 20 Dec 2008 21:31

Fed 8
Ros 8
Stretch 8
Doobs 8
Ingi 8
Henry 8
Harper 8
Cisse 8
Hunt 8
Doyle 8
N.Hunt 7

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 20 Dec 2008 21:46

Federici – 8
Rosenior – 7
Duberry – 7
Ingimarsson – 7.5
Armstrong – 7.5
Henry – 7
Cisse – 9
Harper – 6.5
S.Hunt – 7
Doyle – 9
N.Hunt – 7.5

Long – 6.5
Gunnarsson – 6.5

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 20 Dec 2008 21:47

Fed 8 Brilliant saves and once again good kicks
Rossey 8 Fantastic going foward and in deffence
Stretch 8 Fantastic going foward and in deffence
Doobs 7 at fault for goal but other than that fantastic
Ingi 8 Brilliant made brum strikers look like conference strikers
Henry 8 Worked hard and deserved a goal, my MOTM
Harper 7 Barely touched the ball
Cisse 7 At fault for the goal aswell, but looked good on the ball
Shunt 8 Worked hard good set pieces
Doyle 8 Worked hard And got a goal
Nhunt 7 Brill FK

Long 8 Ran hard and bit annoyed that he fell over too much

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 20 Dec 2008 22:18

"I don't blame Harper at all for that goal. Not even a tiny percentage of blame for it."

Whilst the goal in the end didn't really matter, it was a blot on the landscape of an otherwise excellant performance.

Exactly why did Harper, when he had space in front of him and time on the ball decide to pass to someone in the congested middle who was immediately put under pressure (and yes Cisse didn't do what schoolkids are always told : to play it the way you are facing and yes, Doobs backing off to the point he was almost behind Fed), but the chain of events leading to the goal was Harper's poor choice and execution of pass, so I believe he has to shoulder a fair degree of the blame for the goal.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 20 Dec 2008 22:29

bloody Volvo driver
Exactly why did Harper, when he had space in front of him and time on the ball decide to pass to someone in the congested middle who was immediately put under pressure

Because it was actually the easiest way to keep possession and then get the ball back

The two players outside of him (Hunt and Henry) where also marked and Carsley was actually closer to them than he was Cisse so it was effectively 2 v 3, where as Cisse was in ten yards of space and would then have plenty of options on the ball and we could switch play to the massive open space down our left hand side if Cisse had just played the ball simply

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 20 Dec 2008 22:59

Fed-8 Few good saves
Rosenior-7 Normal self
Doobs-9 Best player Solid
Inga-7 Gd as normal
Strech-8 Consistent agen

Henry-8 few gd runs made
Harper-7 Was ok
Cisse-controled the midfield and scored
S.hunt 8 Played well

Doyle-8 Scord one set up one
N.hunt-7 Brief but good goal

Son of Len

by Son of Len » 20 Dec 2008 23:49

For once I actually watched the game. Much more fun than following a transcript! Then I had to spend the day running around doing errands.

As I suspected, we give our players too high scores when we win. I thought most of the team were 6's. They did their jobs, and did them well enough. Birmingham weren't good enough for our players to work up to 9's. But I'd give Doyle an 8 (if he had scored on the Henry cross in the first half, a 9 for sure), Noel a 7, Cisse and Harper 7's. As Harps is the key to Reading's organization, he deserves the 7 since we were sloppy only in the last 15 minutes or so. And on the Cisse/Duberry "own goal." As a unit, the back 4 get a 7 or 8, but individually they get 6's. You could have slotted Pearce or Bikey into the center and produced the same result.

By the way, Cisse lost that ball on his own. He started OK, but put the ball into a position where Carsley(?) could challenge for it. That's why there was no foul. Doobs was playing the pass which the defender should do outside the box, probably, but it looks too loose, still. Cacking goal from Phillips. But so were all of ours.

First time I saw Armstrong. I think he did really well, but if he pushed forward more often, that might give Stephen a break. As it is, we he does go up, he gets successful results.

Loads of fun.

Back to my non-RW American football life where I can find Royals on the net live. As a Mac user, I haven't found anything to download that helps and as games usually start at 10:00 here, my day is usually well underway with the kids' schedules. The 12:45 start against Brum was great for today, though

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Dec 2008 01:29

John 3:16 :

I don't blame Harper at all for that goal. Not even a tiny percentage of blame for it. But didn't think he was great today. Dunno about him. I don't dislike him and I certainly appreciate him for his work for us over the years, but, I'm not convinced about him this season. Not sure ...[/quote]
Then you are a clown
Harper was superb today, no questions

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 21 Dec 2008 02:01

Fans were loud on h.d all game.ditch how shit must u be song now though, we are great away from home.

As for harps, i like him, but i can say when hes been poor, but theres no way he was at fault for that goal. And cisse more than made up for it anyway.
Very rarely get mistakes and poor games from harps, hes flawed but hes also the heart of the team.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Dec 2008 02:09

brendywendy Fans were loud on h.d all game.ditch how shit must u be song now though, we are great away from home.

As for harps, i like him, but i can say when hes been poor, but theres no way he was at fault for that goal. And cisse more than made up for it anyway.
Very rarely get mistakes and poor games from harps, hes flawed but hes also the heart of the team.

Very rarely get excellent games either. Mr Steady if ever i've seen one.

by John 3:16 » 21 Dec 2008 10:56

bcubed
John 3:16 I don't blame Harper at all for that goal. Not even a tiny percentage of blame for it. But didn't think he was great today. Dunno about him. I don't dislike him and I certainly appreciate him for his work for us over the years, but, I'm not convinced about him this season. Not sure ...

Then you are a clown
Harper was superb today, no questions

I'm no clown. I can use the quote function proper like. And even fix it when 'clowns' use it incorrectly.

Harper was not superb. He was ok today, but not superb. HTG's, where can I gets em?

Amongst the sheep

by Amongst the sheep » 21 Dec 2008 11:06

Southbank Old Boy
Amongst the sheep
1960 The original ball should have gone out to Henry on the wing. Why turn inside where it was congested when Henry might have had a run and cross? And if he had lost the ball it wouldn't have been in a dangerous position. I think this was Hunt. Memo to Coppellfor the next team team tactics talk: PLAY THE SIMPLE BALL.

Spot on Henry provided the overlap and Hunt shuld have used him. In the end though it was irrelevant.

It was HARPER who played the pass :roll:

As for it being a hospital ball, it was nothing of the sort. Harper played it comfortably into Cisse's feet, who didn't need to worry about the defender because he was well positioned to shield him off before playing the ball to one of his own players (Harper had made himself available for the simple 10 yard return pass, or Cisse could've played it out to the left

Harper could've played it straight to Henry, although I think that would've been the riskier pass as there were more covering defenders and Harper probably had it in mind to play it into Cisse, get it back and switch play to the left after the little interchanged had attracted the Brum defence to the near side of the pitch

Cisse cocked it up. Apart from that he had a pretty good game though

Harper should not have had the ball in the first place as Hunt should've found Henry. :roll:

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 21 Dec 2008 11:14

bishbosh92 Fed-8 Few good saves
Rosenior-7 Normal self
Doobs-9 Best player Solid
Inga-7 Gd as normal
Strech-8 Consistent agen

Henry-8 few gd runs made
Harper-7 Was ok
Cisse-controled the midfield and scored
S.hunt 8 Played well

Doyle-8 Scord one set up one
N.hunt-7 Brief but good goal

Bit high for a player who was at part fault for the goal

mg1976royal

by mg1976royal » 21 Dec 2008 11:20

Cisse lost the ball just inside the brum half.

All credit to a terrific strike from phillips but he should never been allowed to get the shot off in the first place.

by John 3:16 » 21 Dec 2008 12:41

Amongst the sheep
Southbank Old Boy
Amongst the sheep Spot on Henry provided the overlap and Hunt shuld have used him. In the end though it was irrelevant.

It was HARPER who played the pass :roll:

As for it being a hospital ball, it was nothing of the sort. Harper played it comfortably into Cisse's feet, who didn't need to worry about the defender because he was well positioned to shield him off before playing the ball to one of his own players (Harper had made himself available for the simple 10 yard return pass, or Cisse could've played it out to the left

Harper could've played it straight to Henry, although I think that would've been the riskier pass as there were more covering defenders and Harper probably had it in mind to play it into Cisse, get it back and switch play to the left after the little interchanged had attracted the Brum defence to the near side of the pitch

Cisse cocked it up. Apart from that he had a pretty good game though

Harper should not have had the ball in the first place as Hunt should've found Henry. :roll:

Seriously? We're analyzing that many passes ahead of the actual mistake now? What about kick-off? Surely it need not have gone to Armstrong from the k/o...?

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 21 Dec 2008 13:29

mg1976royal Cisse lost the ball just inside the brum half.

All credit to a terrific strike from phillips but he should never been allowed to get the shot off in the first place.

Did anybody think Carsley fouled Cisse when he won the ball?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 21 Dec 2008 13:34

winchester_royal
brendywendy Fans were loud on h.d all game.ditch how shit must u be song now though, we are great away from home.

mainly gets 7s for me
the occasional 8 or 6
just what we need

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Dec 2008 13:51

brendywendy
winchester_royal

mainly gets 7s for me
the occasional 8 or 6
just what we need

I'd probably agree. However if/when we get back into the prem, maybe we might need a bit more.....