Back From The Cardiff Game.

readingfc13

Re: Back From The Game.

by readingfc13 » 26 Dec 2008 18:27

We were poor but we lacked any width and failed to get the ball wide time and time again. To play such a system you need good wingers who stick to the touchline, and both Shunt and Henry didn't offer anything today. Whilst Kebe had some poor touches when coming on, he looked positive and must start on Sunday.
As already mentioned, I thought Chopra was offside for their goal but it all happened too quickly and perhaps the replay will prove more conclusive. Whether he should have still been on the pitch is debatable. Personally I thought he had the right to go in for the ball with A Fed but not in the studs up way in which he did so. A draw was probably a fair result as Cardiff were pretty piss poor as well. Thank god for the point though, which could prove so crucial at the end of the season.

P.S. Feel pretty ashamed at our lack of support for Duberry during the period of stick he got in the second half.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 26 Dec 2008 18:37

Toon Toon Blue army Their goal was offside.. twice. I dont understand why this hasnt got more of a mention. Unless I am wrong but Im pretty sure it was.

Overal not the best performance at all. Hunt really was complete shite today.

I mentioned it, and Hunt too, everton calls.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 26 Dec 2008 18:38

The 17 Bus
Toon Toon Blue army Their goal was offside.. twice. I dont understand why this hasnt got more of a mention. Unless I am wrong but Im pretty sure it was.

Overal not the best performance at all. Hunt really was complete shite today.

I mentioned it, and Hunt too, everton calls.

The problem is with Hunty when he gets on the ball he reminds me of Andy Hughes at times as he gets toe excited and just hits the thing infront of him.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Dec 2008 18:47

Feds goal is probably the moment of the year inside the mad stad for 08. Haven't celebrated like that since Boro '06.

Welsh C*nts.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 26 Dec 2008 18:47

What is it with Reading fans? Spent the whole game singing anti Welsh songs. The only good bit of atmosphere that got going was pre kick off. Doobs needed us for support during the second half, but Y26 seemed content singing "Let's all act like spastics" after the funny head tapping chant. Well done, as always.

fordman

by fordman » 26 Dec 2008 18:55

from where i sat i was looking down at cardiff fans apart from about a dozen hard nuts the rest were just 14 year old spotty kids.
i was so scared when one came running up to us waving his arms around like he had just lost a sheep
i nearly pissed myself laughing.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 26 Dec 2008 18:57

AbovetheI What is it with Reading fans? Spent the whole game singing anti Welsh songs. The only good bit of atmosphere that got going was pre kick off. Doobs needed us for support during the second half, but Y26 seemed content singing "Let's all act like spastics" after the funny head tapping chant. Well done, as always.

Given the choice of the behaviour of the two sets of fans today, you pick Reading to critisise? Erm, okay.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Dec 2008 18:58

AbovetheI What is it with Reading fans? Spent the whole game singing anti Welsh songs. The only good bit of atmosphere that got going was pre kick off. Doobs needed us for support during the second half, but Y26 seemed content singing "Let's all act like spastics" after the funny head tapping chant. Well done, as always.

all i heard was one engerland chant after about an hour of abuse from them
our fans were shit though
and theirs, barring those on the pitch were superb
made us look like the middle class synchronised clappers we are

Mr Loyal Royal

by Mr Loyal Royal » 26 Dec 2008 18:59

Lacked the creativity we had bags of at Birmingham.
Federici grabbed us an undeserved point.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 26 Dec 2008 19:02

lozz2601

Given the choice of the behaviour of the two sets of fans today, you pick Reading to critisise? Erm, okay.

Why should I care for the Cardiff supporters. We're there to support our team. Cardiff did that 500x better than us. If you think different, then you're a moron.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 26 Dec 2008 19:06

AbovetheI
lozz2601

Why should I care for the Cardiff supporters. We're there to support our team. Cardiff did that 500x better than us. If you think different, then you're a moron.

Calm down!
The Cardiff supporters were abusing our players. That matters, no?
Not disputing that they created more noise, no. But I seem to remember they spent an awful long time abusing Duberry, which doesn't seem an awful lot like supporting their team. Every club does it.
Just think there were bigger issues today - besides, I'd rather have our fans than Cardiff's any day, seeing as that's a situation they regularly get themselves into and disgrace their club.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Dec 2008 19:08

Mr Loyal Royal Lacked the creativity we had bags of at Birmingham.
Federici grabbed us an undeserved point.

thats going too far, we were much the more positive team, had alot of the ball and some good opportunities
their filthy hacks and a shit ref made it closer than it was.

that said, henry and hunt were exeptionally poor 1st half, very little creation
kebe changed the game when he came on

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 26 Dec 2008 19:08

I think fatigue has hit some of our players.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 26 Dec 2008 19:11

Cardiff came to kill the game - closing Reading down effectively and time wasting at every opportunity. This did not make the game a great spectacle and a draw was a fair result overall. If we had lost I would have felt very aggrieved but Reading did not do well against the tactics Cardiff employed and probably did not deserve to win.

Federici - 8- MOTM Did ok and fantastic goal
Armstrong - 8 Did well again.
ingi - 7 - solid as usual
Duberry 7 - Cannot fault him really and of he wound the fans up at the end it was well deserved.
Rosenior - 6 - thought he had a poor game today
Hunt 6 - very variable today
Cisse - 8 - another good performance
Harper - 8 - have criticised him recently but thought he did well today
Henry - 6 - did not achieve much today in all truth
Hunt - 6 - never achieved much and was risking a sending off which is why SC had to sub him
Doyle -7 - worked hard without any success

Kebe- 6 - a lot of poor touches but he does scare defences
Long - 5 - little impact

Ref - 5 - thought he failed to let the game flow and caused anger amongst both sets of fans. Took an age speaking of players even when not booking anyone. One second half stoppage lasted over one and half minutes and he did not even book anyone.

Reading fans 5- totally out-sung buy Cardiff fans
Cardiff fans - 10 out of 10 for passion 0 out of 10 for common sense & behaviour

Flash

by Flash » 26 Dec 2008 19:32

I don't know where people get off saying our support was sh*t today. Admittedly its harder to tell when its loud around you but I thought Y25/6 were quality today, stood for half the match without too much hassle from the stewards, and in all honesty I felt we almost matched them for passion (bearing in mind they are away).

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Dec 2008 19:34

Flash I don't know where people get off saying our support was sh*t today. Admittedly its harder to tell when its loud around you but I thought Y25/6 were quality today, stood for half the match without too much hassle from the stewards, and in all honesty I felt we almost matched them for passion (bearing in mind they are away).

admittedly we were louder today than recently
its just when the opposition fans are slating our players, or chanting continuously for twenty minutes at a time
its time to stand up and drown them out, not shrink back into our shells
dont care about acoustics, they were louder for the whole game

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 26 Dec 2008 19:44

Sadly i missed the last friggin 10 minutes as i had to cut out and go to work. NNNNNNUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
The badger baiting was clearly going on all game. The ref did not help. The carnage after the game was missed. Cardiff are Cardiff. They ride on their own reputation. Best to ignore the sh1te and vemon coming out of them.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Dec 2008 19:52

S09Royal Wow, just WOW :shock:

In my opinion we did NOT deserve that, we played utter shite all over the pitch, especially in the midfield.

I didn't see what happened at the end as i saw the goal on the tele walking out, as soon as i saw it was a goal i ran back in and was greeted by many hugs and cheers :lol:

I thought Rosenior played a terrible game-he quite possibly gave the ball away more times than Harper-who i thought had a good game. The linesman on our side (east) never did anything and didnt even wave his flag when Fedders was fouled. A very frustrating game but a goal at the death to earn a point-well the Cardiff fans must be sick of Reading robbing them of a win :lol:

We will never get promoted based on that performance, we have to be better on Sunday or Soton could pull a double on us.
Whoever said in the predictions that a Reading xmas hangover would cause a 1-1 draw, were completly right, because in all honesty, we did not know what we were doing. Great point, undeserved.

Oh and Kebe to start against Soton.

I just love it when some idiot leaves the game before the end. Why pay for the whole game when you don;t see it all, particularly the best bit.
:roll:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Dec 2008 19:54

especially as teh 2 minutes saved in the stadium, are all spent waiting in carparks or buses anyway
utterly pointless
and no excuses
if you leave early, you are gay, and thats the end of it

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Dec 2008 19:57

brendywendy especially as teh 2 minutes saved in the stadium, are all spent waiting in carparks or buses anyway
utterly pointless
and no excuses
if you leave early, you are gay, and thats the end of it

Still, gives us the chance to reminisce about the Plymouth game again.

How does it go - 3-0 with 25 minutes left, loads leave and we win 4-3.
Yep - feel better already.