Back from the Game - Southampton

255 posts
rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the Game - Southampton

by rabidbee » 28 Dec 2008 22:30

I only meant that he - presumably - won't play at Ninian Park next week, so he'll have two weeks (almost) off. Although yeah, if onvey has a good game I'd give him the shirt against Watford - I don't think Coppell would, though.

As for Liam, you're probably right, but his choices are usually a) Kébé, b) Duberry or c) hoof.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 28 Dec 2008 22:32

Isn't there an option of

d) cut inside and take the defender on yourself?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 28 Dec 2008 22:38

SHunt utterly usless , take what ever we can get and get rid , his contribution today was an embarressment , Kebe , not much better , keeps running up his own arse and trying to beat every player on th pitch and Matejovski must just have had a bad day cause he can't be that bad . SC got it wrong today with dropping Harper , Cisse and NHunt , Saints were there for the taking and we blew it . With exception of Brum we've been bad for a while , yes we've been winning but it's there for all to see . Are we running out of steam ? Doyals not as he ran his wotsits off .

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 28 Dec 2008 22:39

Dirk Gently Isn't there an option of

Well, yes, but I thought we were talking about passing options.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 28 Dec 2008 22:42

rabidbee
Dirk Gently Isn't there an option of

Well, yes, but I thought we were talking about passing options.

I wasn't! I was making the point that the only thing he'll ever do is pass to Kebe - regardless of whatever other options he has.

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 28 Dec 2008 22:43

Were not losing steam, Coppell just made some rather silly unnecessary changes today.

The personally don't think the team worked well together, no atmosphere and some of our fans were a total disgrace

So all in all a pretty depressing away game for me today!

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 28 Dec 2008 22:51

rabidbee I only meant that he - presumably - won't play at Ninian Park next week, so he'll have two weeks (almost) off. Although yeah, if onvey has a good game I'd give him the shirt against Watford - I don't think Coppell would, though.

As for Liam, you're probably right, but his choices are usually a) Kébé, b) Duberry or c) hoof.

To be fair most of the time the choice facing our players today was a) run or b) hoof. No movement, sharpness or awareness, again played off the pitch for 60 minutes by one of the supposedly worst teams in the division. Matejovsky was dreadful, he needs a run of games with Cisse alongside him or in a five man midfield, our system does not work with him at all. (Whatever system there was no excuse for the number of times he gave the ball away today). Not Long's biggest fan but he played very well today, seemed to be a bit more nasty and determined than usual.

Central midfield has got to be solid to win matches, today it wasn't at all. As a result there was no service and no protection - when Cisse and Harper came on we dominated (despite Harper dicking about instead of putting a tackle in for their goal). Our first team is strong but beyond that a few more players would help, and if we go up nearly every position would need strengthening - as someone said, imagine Duberry and Ingimarsson in the Premiership, they were rinsed every week last year.

Surely Bikey has to be in defence (failing that in the Gunnarsson role) if fit?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 28 Dec 2008 22:51

Mrs Butler Were not losing steam, Coppell just made some rather silly unnecessary changes today.

The personally don't think the team worked well together, no atmosphere and some of our fans were a total disgrace

So all in all a pretty depressing away game for me today!

No offence, but I didn't see any females singing :wink:

Boyband

by Boyband » 28 Dec 2008 23:15

PEARCEY
LoyalRoyalFan Wasn't the best match at all. We didn't play too well and we were caught out in defence and midfield a few times. Kebe was a danger to the Southampton defence all game. But again with Kebe it is his end product which lets him down as a footballer. There were occasions were he could of shot and he passed it. Good support from the Reading fans. As i was walking back to my car i got into conversation with a friendly Southampton fan who told me he predicted a 4-0 win for Reading today.

:wink:

How did Matejovsky do?

Waste of space as usual.

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 28 Dec 2008 23:21

Mrs Butler Were not losing steam, Coppell just made some rather silly unnecessary changes today.

2 games in 3 days has nothing to do with it then?

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 28 Dec 2008 23:56

still, those two girls on the train at Southampton station - wahey!

southstand67

by southstand67 » 29 Dec 2008 00:00

Rev Algenon Stickleback H still, those two girls on the train at Southampton station - wahey!

Ha ha ha!!!

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 29 Dec 2008 00:17

Shit game.

lol @ reading fans almost figting eachother.

lol @ nobbers @ the game.

Kebe is shit.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 29 Dec 2008 00:32

rfcjoe

Was that near the top...when those idiots were singing 'our support is oxf*rd shit'?

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 29 Dec 2008 00:43

winchester_royal
rfcjoe

Was that near the top...when those idiots were singing 'our support is oxf*rd shit'?

Yeah, I was stood infront of them. Big LOL.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 29 Dec 2008 00:49

tomrfcurz Yeh gotta admit most fans around us were load on row X but low down was dreadful

People stood next to you being louder to your ears than people stood 50 yards away facing away from you in quantum physics shocker. :roll:

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 29 Dec 2008 01:00

Very disappointing performance both by the team and supporters compared with Birmingham. Cannot understand why Coppell has suddenly decided to start tinkering around with the midfield and I agree with others who have said that Marek is too lightweight for a 442 system and will only be of use playing behind a lone striker in a 3511 system.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2008 01:06

North Somerset Royal Very disappointing performance both by the team and supporters compared with Birmingham. Cannot understand why Coppell has suddenly decided to start tinkering around with the midfield and I agree with others who have said that Marek is too lightweight for a 442 system and will only be of use playing behind a lone striker in a 3511 system.

I don't get this suggestion of playing Marek just off a striker. That role is surely almost exclusively for a player with an eye for goal and pace. Something Marek hasn't shown a great deal of. It seems as silly to me as playing him as a winger.

I think he'd be much better employed as a fairly advanced fulcrum of a 3 man central midfield. Have one of the other two bursting past him to get on to his through balls and join the striker(s). That also seems to fit much closer with the style he plays in for the Czech Republic too. Advance the wingers into more of a wide forward position and it could work.

I'd see it as attacking but very flexible. In a way (hoping we get promoted) I'd almost like to see Coppell leave at teh end of the season so a new manager who might actually try it could develop the team. Because what we have at the moment, even with a few players to strengthern in both windows, doesn't look likely to stay up in the Prem. IMO

Cookie

by Cookie » 29 Dec 2008 01:14

Marek Matejovsky will be good for us. He was suffering from some sort of hangover or input overload today.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 29 Dec 2008 01:26

not really the best away day,

1) reserved seating with a big away following at saints was always going to result in a poor atmosphere today, if there was a way that day trippers could be stuck somewhere and those who were willing to stand and sing for the whole game somewhere else then our vocal support would have been tip top but it was just unfortunate that all the vocal royals were spread all over the show divided by familys and its never great swearing in songs infront of 8-9 yr old kids. ( was however impressed with the saints support)

2) WE PLAY BETTER WHEN HARPER IS IN OUR TEAM!

3) Harps and cisse easily our best midfield partnership as proven in away victories at brum/ brizzie city and previous winning run

3) Nunty > Slong by a country mile (very brave for goal however!)

4) whats happend to marek? very poor display today, when are we going to see the wizard we had in the middle of the park last season back in form

5) shunty had a total shocker...(5mil??)

6) doyle produced another great performance. easily our best player this season

7) Kebe looks so dangerous when running at their defence, so naturally gifted when running with the ball just needs that final product

8) theres someting fishy going on with bikey, i have a suspision he wants his place back, sc said no, he threw a bikey paddy, hes off in jan to stoke?

9) cant wait for cardiff next sat

10) lets hope blackpool do us a favour

255 posts