Not just us

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Not just us

by Franchise FC » 02 Jan 2009 16:18

SpaceCruiser
Wolves Royal Their too busy talking about the 1950's, Steve Bull, and the Sherpa Van Trophy, Trust me. :roll:

I would trust you more if you knew the difference between "Their" and "They're".

I'm glad I'm not the only one irritated by the lack of spelling and grammar.
Spacey, you're right, it's difficult to take views seriously when the panda attacks.

Wolves Royal

by Wolves Royal » 02 Jan 2009 16:19

Perhaps we should sign Foley then. Would be useful back-up for Rosenior.

Wish we could. Quality player.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 02 Jan 2009 16:21

Wolves Royal
SpaceCruiser
Wolves Royal Their too busy talking about the 1950's, Steve Bull, and the Sherpa Van Trophy, Trust me. :roll:

I would trust you more if you knew the difference between "Their" and "They're".

Redskins Fan. :roll:

They're good

Missed the playoffs again.

Let's not go off topic. But yes, they were shit in the second half of this season.

Wolves Royal

by Wolves Royal » 02 Jan 2009 16:21

I'm glad I'm not the only one irritated by the lack of spelling and grammar.
Spacey, you're right, it's difficult to take views seriously when the panda attacks.[/quote]

Capital P for Panda.

HTH

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Jan 2009 16:28

Sun Tzu
Mr Loyal Royal
Hoop Blah I don't see what the fuss is with Mancienne. Tidy, but nothing special.

Wolves fans may tell you otherwise.

QPR fans would certainly rate him too.....

No doubt they would. From what I've seen of him though I think he's tidy, but nothing special.

Certainly not the kind of prospect that justifies being taken along with England an squad.

Feel free to drag this up in a couple of years time when he's the rock at the heart of Englands 2014 World Cup winning side!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Jan 2009 16:32

Wolves Royal I'm glad I'm not the only one irritated by the lack of spelling and grammar.
Spacey, you're right, it's difficult to take views seriously when the panda attacks.

Capital P for Panda.

HTH[/quote]

Sorry to be a pedant, but why would I need a capital letter for the species of an animal ?

Wolves Royal

by Wolves Royal » 02 Jan 2009 16:37

Franchise FC
Wolves Royal I'm glad I'm not the only one irritated by the lack of spelling and grammar.

Capital P for Panda.

HTH

Sorry to be a pedant, but why would I need a capital letter for the species of an animal ?

Because by jumping on this, you have become my gimp, and I say so.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Jan 2009 16:42

Wolves Royal
Franchise FC

Capital P for Panda.

HTH

Because by jumping on this, you have become my gimp, and I say so.

OK, just so long as I know.

Just an aside - one of my neighbours has a dog called Gimpy.
The first time I met them I nearly smashed him when he shouted 'Hey, Gimpy' in my direction. Now I realise he was right all along.

Wolves Royal

by Wolves Royal » 02 Jan 2009 16:50

It's a Football forum, not a spelling and grammer forum.

SpaceCruiser was being ironic (i think :P )

No need for you to go off on one about grammer, while rubbing the Cruisers nuts.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 02 Jan 2009 16:52

Their full backs Foley and Jarvis are their best players - Kightley flatters to deceive, plays well against the lesser teams and goes missing against the top teams

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 02 Jan 2009 16:53

Wolves Royal It's a Football forum, not a spelling and grammer forum.

No need for you to go off on one about grammer, while rubbing the Cruisers nuts.

Were they deliberate?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Jan 2009 16:54

SpaceCruiser

Were they deliberate?

You are just sooooooo going to wind him up with that.

Wolves Royal

by Wolves Royal » 02 Jan 2009 16:55

SpaceCruiser

Were they deliberate?

No, my bad.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 02 Jan 2009 17:06

Stranded Now come on Dirk you know well enough that only our players are of any interest to PL clubs and anyway even if others do lose they'll go straight out and spend millions on replacements whilst we'll spend nothing as JM pockets the dough...

Whilst clearly in a mocking tone, the last part of that is not something to joke about. The reason I dont want hunt going is we won't see any of the funds used, so why bother selling players? We still have a whopping amount of unused cash from our summer transfer dealings we haven;t spent, why do we need another 3-5 million of unused cash?

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 02 Jan 2009 17:10

FiNeRaIn
Stranded Now come on Dirk you know well enough that only our players are of any interest to PL clubs and anyway even if others do lose they'll go straight out and spend millions on replacements whilst we'll spend nothing as JM pockets the dough...

Whilst clearly in a mocking tone, the last part of that is not something to joke about. The reason I dont want hunt going is we won't see any of the funds used, so why bother selling players? We still have a whopping amount of unused cash from our summer transfer dealings we haven;t spent, why do we need another 3-5 million of unused cash?

Totally agree ; what comes, in stays in - so why sell . We must have made over £10m in transfers recently (as well as wage savings on top earners like Shorey and Kitson)- will be interesting to see how much is spent, anything above £2m will be nosebleed time

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Jan 2009 17:14

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
FiNeRaIn

Totally agree ; what comes, in stays in - so why sell . We must have made over £10m in transfers recently (as well as wage savings on top earners like Shorey and Kitson)- will be interesting to see how much is spent, anything above £2m will be nosebleed time

Are you happy with Armstrong at left back ?
Are you happy with NHunt up front ?

If the answer to these is yes, then why keep harping on about using the funds. Our style is to replace with bargain versions that do the job - they've done the job. Sir Steve has always been able to unearth a few gems, but his track record with big money purchases is less than ordinary.

What will be interesting will be not how much we spend on replacements, but how those replacements perform.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 02 Jan 2009 17:22

Franchise FC Are you happy with Armstrong at left back ?
Are you happy with NHunt up front ?

Jury would be out on both in the prem, armstrong has had a good hiding from some wingers in this division, be frightened to see him in the prem.

Surman, Mcgoldrick and lallana, buy all three please.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 02 Jan 2009 17:27

Franchise FC
Wolves Royal The rumour round here is that Kightly has been playing on an injured hip for at least 2 months, and it's getting worse. He probably wouldn't pass a medical, and as far as i can remember hasn't played more than two-thirds of a season without physically breaking down since he went to Wolves. For the kind of money it would take to get him (+5 million) that's a big risk.

Anyhoo, Kightly and Ebanks-Blake just get the headlines, Jarvis and Foley are their real key players.

And which PL teams won't know that ? The scouts are not incompetent. If they'd seen better players that are not the headline grabbers, they'd be feeding that on. The fact that the journos are so lazy that they don't find out such info is no reason to suspect that the said players are safe from transfer.

I don't think that that's always true. Clubs like Newcastle need headline-grabbing players - now more than ever. Whatever their stats, I'm not sure that a Championship striker will satisfy the demands of their fans, who always seem to expect players fresh from winning the scudetto or Brazilian league; I can't imagine comparatively unknown players from the lower leagues being popular amongst the Toon army.

Of course, it's that kind of approach that I think means they are permanently oxf*rd, but there you go.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 02 Jan 2009 17:28

There is a difference with the Kightly situation, as he hasn't taken every oppotunity to publically state he wants out of Wolves.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 02 Jan 2009 17:33

Scarface There is a difference with the Kightly situation, as he hasn't taken every oppotunity to publically state he wants out of Wolves.

Kightly isnt YET a premiership player though - hes a v good champioship level player, and if he goes up with Wolves he's not being exposed - if he gets a big money move to say Newcastle he's there for a hiding