RUMOUR - Andrew Surman

353 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Andrew Surman

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Jan 2009 14:35

Hoop Blah
loyalroyal4life why we even bothering to go for him IF he reportedly turned us down cos of his wage demands!!!? does hammond think a credit crunch will help reduce his demands....

Was that why the deal fell through then?

We might've changed our mind on what he's worth to us (wages wise) for a number reasons.

1) Hunt is going to be off so we need a replacement
2) Hunt is off so we have room on our wage bill for him
3) He's impressed a lot over the last few months for us to feel he's worth the extra cash
4) We look well set for promotion and so the finances will look better in 6 months time than if we'd struggled
5) If we go up we're going to need better players and that means paying more money

Yeah apparently he was after £17k!!! I think he would be decent replacement for Hunt at less than half his value, but i just cant see this one happening

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Jan 2009 18:15

loyalroyal4life
Hoop Blah
loyalroyal4life why we even bothering to go for him IF he reportedly turned us down cos of his wage demands!!!? does hammond think a credit crunch will help reduce his demands....

We might've changed our mind on what he's worth to us (wages wise) for a number reasons.

3) He's impressed a lot over the last few months for us to feel he's worth the extra cash
4) We look well set for promotion and so the finances will look better in 6 months time than if we'd struggled
5) If we go up we're going to need better players and that means paying more money

Yeah apparently he was after £17k!!! I think he would be decent replacement for Hunt at less than half his value, but i just cant see this one happening

Really? That's the first I've heard of that rumour and I have to admit I find it a bit hard to believe. If it's true it might be a good reason why he's still there.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 05 Jan 2009 20:55

it was 18k a week, excluding bonuses dependent on appearances and promotion, hence why we got Armstrong straight after

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 05 Jan 2009 21:17

gazzer, loyal royal it was 18k a week, excluding bonuses dependent on appearances and promotion, hence why we got Armstrong straight after

How do you seem to have the information on every player and their contract demands?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 05 Jan 2009 21:21

Easy - when you offer to buy someone in FM, their contract demands come up on the screen!

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 05 Jan 2009 21:48

Considering the company he keeps in the U21s and that his next move probably needs to be the one that really takes him onto the next level and properly launches his career those numbers dont sound massively out

Our top earners will be on wages somewhere around that and he'll be one of our record signings, so perhaps he was looking for top whack within our squad

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 06 Jan 2009 08:41

gazzer, loyal royal it was 18k a week, excluding bonuses dependent on appearances and promotion, hence why we got Armstrong straight after

How do you seem to have the information on every player and their contract demands?

I won't say on here how i know, but a few nobbers i've met face to face know

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 06 Jan 2009 11:01

gazzer, loyal royal

well i think they should of given him something like £12k with the incentive of an increase based on us achieving promotion!!

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 06 Jan 2009 11:24

If he was/is after 17-18k, I'm pretty sure he will be after that with bonuses on top.

Not 17-18k all in.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Jan 2009 15:14

loyalroyal4life
gazzer, loyal royal
Coppell's Right Footed 11 How do you seem to have the information on every player and their contract demands?

well i think they should of given him something like £12k with the incentive of an increase based on us achieving promotion!!

I imagine he wanted (if true) £17k/£18k with the incentives of increases based on us getting promotion. You don't talk someone down by £6k a week at this level, just not going to happen.

Tommy Youlden's Ears

by Tommy Youlden's Ears » 11 Jan 2009 03:46

Met a bloke in bar in Las Vegas, like you do. Turns out his son's a S'Hampton academy boy. He started to tell me how messy the club's finances are, and that they'd be selling heavily. Listed Lallana to Spurs and Surman to Reading. Made it sound like deals pretty much agreed. Might be the old rumours, cos only an academy player. But...

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 11 Jan 2009 06:14

Tommy Youlden's Ears Met a bloke in bar in Las Vegas, like you do.

cLOLassic :lol: :lol:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 11 Jan 2009 10:15

loyalroyal4life
Hoop Blah

17k is fvk all, if this is true, reading's transfer policy really is an absolute joke, you can see why no proven players want to come here, we are still stuck in the 1950's.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jan 2009 14:39

Knob.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 11 Jan 2009 14:43

Ian Royal Knob.

another great contribution from ian royal.

17k for a top championship player- OMG outrageous, what is football coming too?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 11 Jan 2009 15:00

FiNeRaIn
Ian Royal Knob.

another great contribution from ian royal.

17k for a top championship player- OMG outrageous, what is football coming too?

I thank that's a fair transfer price.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jan 2009 16:48

Given Sidwell was on about £12k last time we were in the championship and was winning recognition as one of the top 5 players, £17k is very definitely not feck all in the championship.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 11 Jan 2009 17:04

Ian Royal Given Sidwell was on about £12k last time we were in the championship and was winning recognition as one of the top 5 players, £17k is very definitely not feck all in the championship.

You may have walked into a whoosh there.

17k... transfer price...

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Jan 2009 17:09

Deathy
Ian Royal Given Sidwell was on about £12k last time we were in the championship and was winning recognition as one of the top 5 players, £17k is very definitely not feck all in the championship.

17k... transfer price...

No, but you have.

Whoosh.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 11 Jan 2009 17:12

SCIAG
Deathy

17k... transfer price...

No, but you have.

Whoosh.

Not following Royal With Cheese's post I'm not.

353 posts