STEPHEN HUNT - IS HIS TIME UP?

831 posts
Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

Re: STEPHEN HUNT - IS HIS TIME UP?

by Alan Partridge » 07 Jan 2009 11:55

S09Royal Sorry if this has been posted by another member, but WHY is SHunt nominated for Player Of The Month? (December)
He hasn't exactly been amazing and has been below average in most games. He missed a penalty but then scored one when it mattered and created Doyle's goal against Brum but other than that...what has he done to deserve the award? Surely it should be Federici?

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 94,00.html

If more evidence was needed that the people who hand out this award actualy are clueless and don't properly watch the teams and players they put forward this is it. Hunt has been Reading's worst player in December and he'll probably win this award because they've heard of him.

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 07 Jan 2009 12:14

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 07 Jan 2009 12:32

HAPPY DAYS!!!!! HOPE HE GOES

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 07 Jan 2009 12:53

loyalroyal4life

We just need Everton and Middlesborough to also put in bids and start a bidding war which drives the price up to £10M for our most valuable player. 8)

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 07 Jan 2009 13:00

If that means I wont have to endure another "Ronaldo style set-up to a free kick" again, then great. The results are embarrasing...

SHunt has been the most improved player i've seen at the club in the past 5 years, but the last 2 months has seen him playing for himself above playing for the team. Shame, as I thought he was quite humble when Coppell rescued him from Bradford and inevitabally lower league football for the rest of his career.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 07 Jan 2009 13:18

andrew1957 We just need Everton and Middlesborough to also put in bids and start a bidding war which drives the price up to £10M for our most valuable player. 8)

They'd be more likely to each table £5m bids and then try to outbid each other in their wages signing-on fees.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 07 Jan 2009 13:33

loyalroyal4life HAPPY DAYS!!!!! HOPE HE GOES

Utter idiocy. Whatever you think of Hunt, to gleefully celebrate losing a member of the first-team when the only replacement is hopelessly short of form, and when there's 3 1/2 weeks to find a replacement is really daft. What might be good business in the summer could be devastating this month.

andrew1957 We just need Everton and Middlesborough to also put in bids and start a bidding war which drives the price up to £10M for our most valuable player. 8)

Why would they do that when they only have to offer £5m to speak to him :roll:
Last edited by RobRoyal on 07 Jan 2009 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Jan 2009 13:33

I'm sure he'll love it at Wigan. :roll:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 07 Jan 2009 13:36

andrew1957
loyalroyal4life

We just need Everton and Middlesborough to also put in bids and start a bidding war which drives the price up to £10M for our most valuable player. 8)

It wont happen like that, it will be £5mill top bid and if more than 1 club come in they will bid the same

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Jan 2009 13:38

loyalroyal4life

Stattos - How many 'assists' has SHunt got so far this season?

Seems strange that people would be happy to see him go unless, of course, they know the club have got a damn good replacement lined up!

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 07 Jan 2009 13:44

M U R T Y Shame, as I thought he was quite humble when Coppell rescued him from Bradford and inevitabally lower league football for the rest of his career.

Somewhat geographically challenged, methinks ...

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 07 Jan 2009 13:45

Stattos - How many 'assists' has SHunt got so far this season?

Seems strange that people would be happy to see him go unless, of course, they know the club have got a damn good replacement lined up!

Yes i know very well he tops the assists column but i just think his attitude together with a fee of £5 mill bodes better for RFC long term rather than presently. Of course a replacement who can come straight in and do well is a must but i think it is the right time for s.hunt to move on and the bottom line is he will be the first to say so himself so why keep a player whose mind is elsewhere?

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 07 Jan 2009 14:25

Ive read some tripe on this board, but this S Hunt slag thread is plain embarrassing.

Now i agree his form has dipped, i dont question that. I missed Soton away unfortunately, but i have seen 2 clips from the game. 1 was us scoring from a S Hunt free kick, the other was us coming within a whisker of us winning the game with a good a cross as you are likely to see at CCC level. Oh yes, a Hunt cross.

Boxing Day. we score last kick of the game. From a Hunt Corner was it?

week before, potential promotion decider, game at 1-1 and home side on top. Hunt assist, could win us promotion in then end. You could argue that was worth 6 points alone!

Even out of form, if he hadnt played in the last 6 weeks we could be back in the chasing pack.

Our team permormances almost totally mirror S Hunts performance. He plays well, we play well. He plays Bad, we play bad.

Anyone who thinks we should sell arguably our most influencial player, and replacing him with Henry of Convey, just becauce his current form is, apprently, poor then i pity your blinkered view of the footballing world.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 07 Jan 2009 14:29

Upper West Ginger
M U R T Y Shame, as I thought he was quite humble when Coppell rescued him from Bradford and inevitabally lower league football for the rest of his career.

Somewhat geographically challenged, methinks ...

Um, no. Totally accurate...

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Jan 2009 14:29

Tony Le Mesmer Ive read some tripe on this board, but this S Hunt slag thread is plain embarrassing.

Now i agree his form has dipped, i dont question that. I missed Soton away unfortunately, but i have seen 2 clips from the game. 1 was us scoring from a S Hunt free kick, the other was us coming within a whisker of us winning the game with a good a cross as you are likely to see at CCC level. Oh yes, a Hunt cross.

Boxing Day. we score last kick of the game. From a Hunt Corner was it?

week before, potential promotion decider, game at 1-1 and home side on top. Hunt assist, could win us promotion in then end. You could argue that was worth 6 points alone!

Even out of form, if he hadnt played in the last 6 weeks we could be back in the chasing pack.

Our team permormances almost totally mirror S Hunts performance. He plays well, we play well. He plays Bad, we play bad.

Anyone who thinks we should sell arguably our most influencial player, and replacing him with Henry of Convey, just becauce his current form is, apprently, poor then i pity your blinkered view of the footballing world.

Great post. Thank you - far too much Hunt bashing of late.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Jan 2009 14:33

TLM, the only reason why our performances coincide so much with Shunts is that our whole pattern of play revolves around the 2 wingers, therefore it is no suprise that if he is shit we are shit.

The first 2 months I thought he was our best player, he worked his socks off, his dead ball delivery was top notch, and he was consistently getting in areas to cross the ball. However at the moment he does not seem interested in RFC, and 5 mil for him would be daylight robbery, hence why so many (including myself) would be happy to see him leave.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jan 2009 14:33

I don't see a problem with his attitude either. His on the pitch attitude is what makes him such an important player for us.

He isn't technically fantastic, but he makes up for that with his determination and drive. Yes he may be getting a bit big for his boots and talking about a return to the prem, but unless someone good enough stumps up £5m he's going nowhere and it won't effect his dedication in the slightest. Much like Sidwell.

He has off patches because he doesn't have the skill he thinks he does, and there are few wingers who can cope with being marked out of the game by more than one player. Something which seems to be happening a fair amount from what many are saying.

Even then his set pieces this season make him invaluable to the club. We won't go up automatically if Hunt goes, unless we get seriously lucky with a replacement.

Bucks Dave

by Bucks Dave » 07 Jan 2009 14:38

TLM, to describe that centre at B'ham at 1-1 as simply an assist doesn't do it credit. It was a great swerving cross at speed with pinpoint accuracy. It came right in my direction!!

All fan Boards have their baying mobs of the deluded. Ours is no different.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Jan 2009 14:40

Bucks Dave TLM, to describe that centre at B'ham at 1-1 as simply an assist doesn't do it credit. It was a great swerving cross at speed with pinpoint accuracy. It came right in my direction!!

All fan Boards have their baying mobs of the deluded. Ours is no different.

LOL, and I suppose you think you're the voice of reason in this forum of delusion.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 07 Jan 2009 14:41

Ian Royal We won't go up automatically if Hunt goes

That pretty much sums it up for me.

831 posts