Well done Leroy

223 posts
moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Well done Leroy

by moo » 09 Jan 2009 23:43

Pool and Darts
moo So we want a player who thinks he has a god given right to start for the team and if he doesnt then he wants away from Reading, and a player who has made it quite clear he is moving on in the summer on a free.

The only reason he got a good reception is because he is such a laughing stock meaning some quality songs about shagging peoples wives and 'videotaping it too'.

He has the totally wrong attitude and shown great disrespect for the club and this shouldnt be forgot when we have 20 or so other loyal and committed players within our squad.

WTF?

I am delighted that Leroy scored tonight.

I would love it if he sorted his life out and got some game time, got some goals, and signed a new contract.
He is clearly the best finisher at this club.
Yes he has had some problems with his attitude, etc. etc.

Too many people are too quick to write people off for whatever reason and forget about the big picture.
Stop reading the News of the World and grow an adult opinion!

Lita has bags of ability. Harness it and we will all be better off.

Fortunately Steve Coppell is intelligent enough to not burn his bridges, unlike many of the keyboard warriors on HNA.

The comments about him not wanting to stick around at RFC and fight properly for a place in the starting XI and the fact he doesn't want to sign a contract and move in the summer are very recent quotes from Leroy himself and from Glen Roeder, not NOTW.

I would love it too if he sorted himself out, of course I would, but at the moment its unfair on the players in the squad who do have a good attitude and want to be at Reading FC.

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 09 Jan 2009 23:44

moo So we want a player who thinks he has a god given right to start for the team and if he doesnt then he wants away from Reading, and a player who has made it quite clear he is moving on in the summer on a free.

The only reason he got a good reception is because he is such a laughing stock meaning some quality songs about shagging peoples wives and 'videotaping it too'.

He has the totally wrong attitude and shown great disrespect for the club and this shouldnt be forgot when we have 20 or so other loyal and committed players within our squad.
He has never said he has any right to start and Coppell has done nothing but praise his attitude, so unless you know otherwise I'd prefer to believe Coppells version. The fans gave him a great reception because unlike you alot of people like him and remember what he has done for Reading. We all make mistakes and Lita is certainly has made a few, but I have never doubted his desire to play for Reading when he put that shirt on and if you saw the reaction of the other players tonight when he scored then maybe you would realise your comments are unfounded.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 09 Jan 2009 23:46

don't tell me!!! I never knew about the shagging video. Please enlighten me.
Every player thinks he has a god given right to play first team. That's what they strive for - that's what we expect. please elaborate on the disrespect to the club. He showed disrespect to the girl involved. What happened to be an in joke amongst a bunch of 'lads' got out of control and it exploded from there. If you filmed your girlfriend or a one night stand as a badge of honour - then your a lad - good pat on the back. Because of Lita's profession does this make his actions any worse than the multitude of videos already out there on peoples phones.
True when Lita turns off a player it's what everyone expects.
If he didn't lean into the opposition and invite the foul and played a purer form of football then he would be more revered at this club than some of you think. He's had his moments with us as most players have. His attitude sucks - yes. He's cocky - yes. I'm sure he knows this more that any of us.
If we get 300K as is muted - good. If there is a back up package ready to step in to add additional support to the team then fine. Blah, Blah.
Last edited by Rex on 09 Jan 2009 23:48, edited 1 time in total.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 09 Jan 2009 23:47

Bath Hoops

He has never said he has any right to start and Coppell has done nothing but praise his attitude, so unless you know otherwise I'd prefer to believe Coppells version. The fans gave him a great reception because unlike you alot of people like him and remember what he has done for Reading. We all make mistakes and Lita is certainly has made a few, but I have never doubted his desire to play for Reading when he put that shirt on and if you saw the reaction of the other players tonight when he scored then maybe you would realise your comments are unfounded.

He said he wouldnt come back to Reading unless he was in the starting XI. He doesnt want to be a 3rd or 4th choice striker.

Do I have to drag up this article??

Pool and Darts

by Pool and Darts » 09 Jan 2009 23:49

Bath Hoops

+1

People make their minds up based on their own experience of their 9 to 5 world. With RFC viewed from the outside.

Steve Coppell is a very intelligent man, and if he thought that Leroy had no future at the club he wouldn't waste his time with him.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 09 Jan 2009 23:57

moo
Bath Hoops

He said he wouldnt come back to Reading unless he was in the starting XI. He doesnt want to be a 3rd or 4th choice striker.

Today fcuks that theory them.

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 09 Jan 2009 23:58

moo
Bath Hoops

You can drag up any article you like, he was quoted as saying he wanted first team football and he wasnt likely to get that at Reading and everyone thought it was a good move for him to get regular football including his boss. If he was such a terrible person then why was he played at Cardiff and again tonight. Coppell has said this is a squad game and if Lita plays a part in the second part of the season in getting us promoted would you moan about him then ?

Pool and Darts

by Pool and Darts » 10 Jan 2009 00:00

Victor Meldrew
Pool and Darts

WTF?

I would love it if he sorted his life out and got some game time, got some goals, and signed a new contract.

Too many people are too quick to write people off for whatever reason and forget about the big picture.

Fortunately Steve Coppell is intelligent enough to not burn his bridges, unlike many of the keyboard warriors on HNA.

Lita the best finisher at the club?
Not sure that Kevin Doyle would agree with you.
A good finisher would surely have buried the free header.

And your comparison is based on what?

The minutes on the park for Reading this season?

It is obviously just an opinion, and purely regarding only one aspect of a striker's game, but I stand by the statement that Lita is TECHNICALLY the best finisher at this club.

The rest of Doyle's game make him a better striker in our team right now than Lita, but I still believe that Leroy has much to add to our team this season and beyond.

Scylla

by Scylla » 10 Jan 2009 00:02

He's still Chick Hicks :lol:

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 10 Jan 2009 00:10

He was our 17th different goalscorer of the season as well.

We only had 16 scorers last time we went up :wink:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 10 Jan 2009 00:11

Pol and Darts wrote:-

Fortunately Steve Coppell is intelligent enough to not burn his bridges, unlike many of the keyboard warriors on HNA.[/quote]

Lita the best finisher at the club?
Not sure that Kevin Doyle would agree with you.
A good finisher would surely have buried the free header.[/quote]

And your comparison is based on what?

The minutes on the park for Reading this season?

It is obviously just an opinion, and purely regarding only one aspect of a striker's game, but I stand by the statement that Lita is TECHNICALLY the best finisher at this club.

The rest of Doyle's game make him a better striker in our team right now than Lita, but I still believe that Leroy has much to add to our team this season and beyond.[/quote]

It's a bit late on a Friday night to discuss technically.
I think of Leroy's penalty at Stoke and his missed header tonight-he is too hit and miss for me to think of as a technical finisher,the ball bounces off him too much for it to be unlucky.
Jamie was probably the best natural finisher I have ever seen for us.
I'm not saying that there isn't a bit part for Leroy to play during the next 19 games and I prefer what he brings compared to Long but I reckon the Hunt/Doyle partnership is the one that works and that Doyle in all aspects (including technique) is a much better player and finisher.
As you say it's an opinion.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 10 Jan 2009 00:14

AlexY25 He was our 17th different goalscorer of the season as well.

We only had 16 scorers last time we went up :wink:

Interesting stat.
What price 100 League goals this season?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 10 Jan 2009 00:16

God forbid Doyle gets crocked this season. If there is no change or movement in the transfer market - then it's Lita all the way for me. It's all healthy hypothetical discussion.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Jan 2009 00:20

We all like our strikers scoring don't we.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 10 Jan 2009 00:26

Decent return! had a point to prove tonight.

and did that well with a well taken goal, hopefully the first of many!!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Jan 2009 01:32

Great to see him score but the free header was a bit pathetic wasn't it? Completely unmarked, clear unobscured passage onto his bonce and he put it yards wide from about 8 yards out.

Hopefully a goal in the hoops will do him a power of good. He certainly looked happy which was nice to see.

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 10 Jan 2009 02:35

LOL @ Fickle Reading fans.

A week ago you'd have bitten off Norwich's hand for 300k. He gets one goal and he's on the verge of replacing Doyle or Nhunt

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Jan 2009 02:47

Shane Long came off the bench and scored at Burnley and at home to Norwich. Both goals can be added to the one he got at Southampton. I would be interested to read the corresponding 3 page congratulatory thread from both these matches.

Did the one for left back Armstrong's first Reading goal get deleted or does the partiality of Leroy's fan club know no bounds?

I'm certain tonight's well taken goal was the first time Lita has managed anything worth while from of our benches yet Long gets precious little appreciation despite having similar success on numerous occasions

I make that 2 league goals in a Reading shirt in nearly to years and, apparently, that means we have no need to worry if Doyle or N Hunt get injured because this proves that Lita>>>>Long :P

Some of you clearly don't realise just how ridiculous you appear.

I, too, worry that one rare goal from Leroy will be seen as proof that we have no worries in the goal scoring department if Doyle or Hunt get injured or suspended ..........which clearly isn't the case.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 11 Jan 2009 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 10 Jan 2009 05:05

Just one more game for Lita, nothing proven from it after the goal.

Lita involved in 20 Championship games 8 Goals

Long 22 Champ matches 3 goals

N Hunt 25 Champ matches 10 goals

Litas scoring is on par with both other strikers at Reading, will still be better if he moves on tho IMHO.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 10 Jan 2009 06:08

The thought of entering February with three senior strikers one of which being Shane LOLong fills me with dread.

One or both of Doyle/Hunt are going to get injured at some point, gambling promotion on Shane Long is a seriously shit idea.

If Coppell does not sign a striker in January it will be utter, utter madness to sell Leroy. Free transfer in the summer or not

223 posts