Well done Leroy

223 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Well done Leroy

by loyalroyal4life » 11 Jan 2009 17:35

Good goal By him, did what strikers need to do. IF he does go for 1mill decent bit of business for us!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 11 Jan 2009 17:51

Ian Royal As a sub, Lita should get plenty of minutes on the pitch, because he is much much more likely to score than Long, even if his overall game adds marginly less.

he's clearly willing to come back and fight, something I wasn't certain of and his goal will do him the world of good. I still think a fresh start for both him and us would be best, but I can see that is getting less likely to happen, so as a realist I want him to do as well as possible and refind his form and keep to it consistently.

The combination of him and Matejovsky coming on for, say NHunt and Harper/Cisse, could give us our much needed plan B. Leroy seems to thrive on through balls. And he's a decent fox in the box to bang in loose balls and penalty area pinball.

I'm feeling much more positive than I have been for a while after the game on friday.

Exactly how I see it regarding Plan B. Lita has the pace to run onto through balls that our other strikers dont have. It just gives Coppell another option if a game isn't going the right way. That cannot be anything other than a good thing if Lita has made his peace with Coppell

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 11 Jan 2009 18:01

I hope Lita Stays. He's alot better than Long, who if anyone should move on.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Jan 2009 18:37

Royal Rother
brendywendy Great to see him back at his best last night. He worked tirelessly when the rest of the team may have been winding down,was seen in every quadrant of the pitch,won a free kick or two,and scored a goal reminiscent of his finest hour at man city.

As it happens I've never been one to doubt his effort, just his ability, but was very pleased to see him score as he is obviously a confidence player but that accolade above is so over the top it's a little cringeworthy.

He worked tireslessly for 15 minutes? Fantastic - what a bloody hero!

Remember that header he missed? No striker at his "best" would have put in such a feeble effort when presented with such an opportunity - almost completely unchallenged (before the corner was taken, during its flight and as he made contact), to put it that wide was Sunday League stuff.

rubbish

all strikers oxf*rd up chances, and litas record suggests he does it less than you think
the ball was a bit behind him, and he tried to slide it in at the far post, but it went wrong, end of.
hardly worth the slanging he got for it
especially when the blinkered fail to notice the same from our other two forwards in the very same match

and i meant that he came on and looked incredibly hungry and fired up and did what hes good at got about, and up peoples noses

The Brain

by The Brain » 11 Jan 2009 19:00

If only Leroy was as good as he thinks he is...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Jan 2009 19:07

all strikers need a bit of arrogance in my eyes

but i think hes pretty misunderstood, and a lot more likely to start doubting his own abilities if he doesnt score for a while than you think

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 11 Jan 2009 19:14

The Brain If only Leroy was as good as he thinks he is...

or half as good as some people on here think he is

Why some folk can't just watch what unfolds before them instead of what they want to see is beyond me. Try leaving your preconceived ideas about players at home, you might be surprised

Lita scores - he must have played well
Long didn't score - he's rubbish

If only is was that simple
Lita looked very poor all the time he was on and he scored a goal that any half decent striker should score with a game already won and no pressure on him. Well done to him but it doesn't detract from the rest of his game - lack of strength (Long is much better in this department) mistimed jumps for headers (again Long rarely misses out here) porr first touch and attitude not half as good as some on here think

He scored, well done, but it doesn't suddenly make him a superstar

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Jan 2009 19:17

bcubed

Why some folk can't just watch what unfolds before them instead of what they want to see is beyond me. Try leaving your preconceived ideas about players at home, you might be surprised

Lita looked very poor all the time he was on and he scored a goal that any half decent striker should score with a game already won and no pressure on him. Well done to him but it doesn't detract from the rest of his game - lack of strength (Long is much better in this department) mistimed jumps for headers (again Long rarely misses out here) porr first touch and attitude not half as good as some on here think

lol at that highlighted line
just lol

one in three 1 on 1s are scored so not just any half decent striker

he was a bit too fired up at the start but calmed down and played well, with a very nice finish to a typical lita goal

gives us something different, and is welcome back here as far as im concerned

your comments sound as blinkered and preconceived as it gets

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 11 Jan 2009 19:19

It's going to be interesting how Coppell 'plays' his subs next week at Swansea. The scoreline and state of the match on Friday rather fudged the issue, with Reading's double substitution.

Wonder whether it will be Long or Lita who gets the first nod, presuming he names them both. That should give us a clearer picture of the current pecking order. Fingers crossed it really is a fresh start for Lita.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Jan 2009 19:27

im actually hoping lits gets the nod and long gets half a season on loan to see if he gets goals with some regular footy

The Brain

by The Brain » 11 Jan 2009 19:28

You have to laugh, I bet ya Leroy has a huge scrapbook at home with pictures of himself... he always runs towards the cameras when he scores... not his teammates, nor the crowd. Not the manager, he just wants to get in the paper. Watch the videos, remember when re ran right behind the goal to get to the photographers.. lol ...boy that boy thinks he's good.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 11 Jan 2009 19:32

brendywendy
bcubed

just lol

he was a bit too fired up at the start but calmed down and played well, with a very nice finish to a typical lita goal

I say you are blinkered - you respond with - I think you are blinkered
I can't compete with that! Top debating

He scored an easy chance - he didn't play well

Watch the game without your Lita-tinted glasses

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jan 2009 19:36

Wasn't an easy chance, certainly not as easy as the one he missed. But exactly the sort of chance you expect leroy to put away.

I don't think he's any quicker than any of our other strikers, it's just his thing is getting onto through balls.

Oh and I cheered him along with everyone else. Doesn't mean I particularly like him or think him staying is a great idea. He came on for Reading, so he gets a good reception. It helped that there were half a dozen "good" / amusing chants to use for him.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Jan 2009 19:42

bcubed
brendywendy
bcubed

just lol

I say you are blinkered - you respond with - I think you are blinkered
I can't compete with that! Top debating

He scored an easy chance - he didn't play well

Watch the game without your Lita-tinted glasses

not sure how different it is me saying it than when you did it you tw*t :roll:

one on ones arent easy, since you miss more than you score

watch it without your anti lita glasses yourself, and stop stomping angrily round here with your rampant opinion dressed up as FACT

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 11 Jan 2009 19:47

Chidren, children. Let's not get carried away on either side of the Lita case shall we.

It was a well taken goal. He may have made it look easy but he is a quality striker and it really ought to look easy. He may have had a free run on goal but guess who had to get into that position to make the run. It is a touch unfair to judge any player on a cameo performance but he did ok - no worse no better. I am still not convinced that he is right for us anymore - but he remains a quality player.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 11 Jan 2009 20:30

not sure how different it is me saying it than when you did it you tw*t

watch it without your anti lita glasses yourself, and stop stomping angrily round here with your rampant opinion dressed up as FACT

You have successfully removed all doubt - you are a buffoon

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 11 Jan 2009 20:35

bcubed not sure how different it is me saying it than when you did it you tw*t

Your comments on here suggest you are the one with pre-conceived ideas

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 11 Jan 2009 20:38

PEARCEY
bcubed not sure how different it is me saying it than when you did it you tw*t

Your comments on here suggest you are the one with pre-conceived ideas

such as?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Jan 2009 20:43

Still £1m well spent

Leroy 145 (+73) games

80 goals

Interestingly......Doyle 133 (+15) games

55 goals

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jan 2009 20:49

AthleticoSpizz Still £1m well spent

Leroy 145 (+73) games

80 goals

Interestingly......Doyle 133 (+15) games

55 goals

Except you're not really comparing properly there. You're presumably including Lita's games for Bristol City where he was playing at a lower level and scoring for fun. Compare them since they both arrived with us it's a slightly different story.

223 posts