Blades bid for Lita

323 posts
Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

Re: Blades bid for Lita

by Huntley & Palmer » 13 Jan 2009 14:15

IF he goes, we had better have a replacement lined up. Selling to a club in 4th place is rather odd though, I suppose the club feels as if the playoffs are not on the cards or that the money is too good to turn down. Not sure how much striker £1 million buys you in the Championship, probably not a lot :|

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jan 2009 14:17

Nick Shorey my Lord!
loyalroyal4life
Nick Shorey my Lord! SELL SELL SELL!

Ker-ching.

The chest thumping nonsense was, as predicted, total nonsense.

Thats a great reason to sell a player who could turn out to help the cause for promotion this season!!

Yes, that's the only reason I'd like to see him gone :roll:

He's an idiot, regardless of whether he's really kissed and made up with SC. A million plus for someone who's shortly out of contract is a no brainer.

He's an idiot based on what exactly?

Yes you can look at 1 mill being a decent sum for a player who can walk away for free in summer or on the flipside he could prove to score goals that will help us win promotion which in turn is PRICELESS

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 13 Jan 2009 14:17

readingbedding Oh the old 'I don't know him, but I don't like him and he's an idiot' line.
I understand now.
As you were...

You sound nice, what are you wearing?

Seriously though. It's a million plus, he's out of contract soon, he's scored once for us this season and has never looked like getting back to his pre-injury levels. I just can't buy the whole "kiss and made up" bit with SC and even if they had, SC and the club can't ignore his infamous past and fallings out. So, it's good business all round. He'll end up with pretty much first team football, we end up with some wonger that will (hopefully) go partly towards a replacement.

And he is an idiot.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 13 Jan 2009 14:19

Nick Shorey my Lord!
readingbedding Oh the old 'I don't know him, but I don't like him and he's an idiot' line.
I understand now.
As you were...

Seriously though. It's a million plus, he's out of contract soon, he's scored once for us this season and has never looked like getting back to his pre-injury levels. I just can't buy the whole "kiss and made up" bit with SC and even if they had, SC and the club can't ignore his infamous past and fallings out. So, it's good business all round. He'll end up with pretty much first team football, we end up with some wonger that will (hopefully) go partly towards a replacement.

And he is an idiot.

If you had put the first paragraph as your reasoning I think many would find it hard to disagree (forgetting the bit about what he's wearing! :P ), to have a pop at his goal celebration which he does whenever he scores was just funny more than anything.
Last edited by Alan Partridge on 13 Jan 2009 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 13 Jan 2009 14:19

I know money changes everything in football, but i'm a bit upset by this. If Lita was really in Coppells plans then why accept a bid for him? Do we really need the extra £1million when potentially the impact he has in rejoining the squad could prove much more valuable.

And after Leroy came out and admitted his attitude could have been better in the past but now he was entirely focused, I can see him becoming disillusioned again with his position as a RFC player.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Jan 2009 14:19

Selling Leroy to a potential promotion rival is not particularly smart IMHO.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jan 2009 14:20

Huntley & Palmer IF he goes, we had better have a replacement lined up. Selling to a club in 4th place is rather odd though, I suppose the club feels as if the playoffs are not on the cards or that the money is too good to turn down. Not sure how much striker £1 million buys you in the Championship, probably not a lot :|

You are right that is a bit strange and i cant see a clause in a permanent contract stating he cant play against us at the mad stad should he go to the blades

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 13 Jan 2009 14:23

loyalroyal4life
Huntley & Palmer IF he goes, we had better have a replacement lined up. Selling to a club in 4th place is rather odd though, I suppose the club feels as if the playoffs are not on the cards or that the money is too good to turn down. Not sure how much striker £1 million buys you in the Championship, probably not a lot :|

You are right that is a bit strange and i cant see a clause in a permanent contract stating he cant play against us at the mad stad should he go to the blades

I thought those sort of clauses were actually illegal - falls under 3rd party control of a player.

Not sure what to make of the story, it could be Sheff Utd playing games. Coppell has always said he'd let players know if bids were made and it could simply be that we've told Sheff Utd we'd pass the interest on to Leroy.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jan 2009 14:24

Nick Shorey my Lord!
I understand now.
As you were...

And he is an idiot.

Did leeroy knock you back or something? :wink:
Last edited by loyalroyal4life on 13 Jan 2009 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 13 Jan 2009 14:25

Well it is all over SSN now, so I imagine Hammond and Coppell are probably not best pleased

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 13 Jan 2009 14:25

Sun Tzu
loyalroyal4life

I thought those sort of clauses were actually illegal - falls under 3rd party control of a player.

Not sure what to make of the story, it could be Sheff Utd playing games. Coppell has always said he'd let players know if bids were made and it could simply be that we've told Sheff Utd we'd pass the interest on to Leroy.

More of a 'gentlemen's agreement' than a contract clause I think has happened a couple of times.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jan 2009 14:29

More of a 'gentlemen's agreement' than a contract clause I think has happened a couple of times.

I know this is just a predicament but what IF we were summoned to the playoffs, got to the final, played sheff utd and lita scored the goal that kept us down :roll:

I predict a RIOT

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 13 Jan 2009 14:30

Huntley & Palmer Well it is all over SSN now, so I imagine Hammond and Coppell are probably not best pleased

I suppose they'll be so pissed off that they'll say the deal is off.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 13 Jan 2009 14:31

loyalroyal4life IF we were summoned to the playoffs

:|

Who's gonna summon us to the playoffs?

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 13 Jan 2009 14:31

I guess we can assume that this is all concrete information given that it hasn't been moved wholesale to the "Rumours" section of the site?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 13 Jan 2009 14:32

CMRoyal I guess we can assume that this is all concrete information given that it hasn't been moved wholesale to the "Rumours" section of the site?

Er, I think you'll find that this thread originally was in the rumours forum!

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 13 Jan 2009 14:35

Thaumagurist*
CMRoyal I guess we can assume that this is all concrete information given that it hasn't been moved wholesale to the "Rumours" section of the site?

Er, I think you'll find that this thread originally was in the rumours forum!

Ah well, that answers my question double!

As does:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 826518.stm

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 13 Jan 2009 14:35

loyalroyal4life

I know this is just a predicament but what IF we were summoned to the playoffs, got to the final, played sheff utd and lita scored the goal that kept us down :roll:

I predict a RIOT

What about it? No different than if Henderson scored. Ex player scoring against former club, happens all the time. Although that would be High Murkage if that was to happen.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Jan 2009 14:36

Thaumagurist*
Huntley & Palmer Well it is all over SSN now, so I imagine Hammond and Coppell are probably not best pleased

I suppose they'll be so pissed off that they'll say the deal is off.

Shirley they'll be delighted, 'cos it'll push up the bids from Everton, Newcastle, West Brom, Narch, and all the others supposedly interested.

Alternatively, it might be that SSN havenlt got the right info :shock: . I seem to remember Nicky Shorey being spotted outside Upton Park one window, being reported extensively on SSN, then discovering it's rubbish.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jan 2009 14:37

Alan Partridge
loyalroyal4life

I predict a RIOT

What about it? No different than if Henderson scored. Ex player scoring against former club, happens all the time. Although that would be High Murkage if that was to happen.

Yes but i think it is a bit different when in the space of a few months after leaving it could signal our demise by sitting in the championship. My point is i cant see too many happy rfc fans with the board if they sanction the transfer and that scenario was to occur

323 posts