Blades bid for Lita

323 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Blades bid for Lita

by LoyalRoyalFan » 13 Jan 2009 16:34

Credit to Lita.
He clearly does want to stay here and fight for his place. So would the club just give him a contract already?

:wink:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 13 Jan 2009 16:38

Stranded I disagree, we have turned down bids out of hand before. The fact that we put it to the player means that we were happy to do business if the player chose to pursue the move - that is tantamount to accepting the bid.

Stranded with the sense as usual. Hammond and Coppell have said in the past that if a bid is good for the club they'll put it the player, as this got to Leroy and his agent it's only a matter of semantics as to whether or not we accepted the bid. FWIW I'm glad he's staying, makes my rendition of East 17's Stay Another Day in the bus queue on Friday all the more poignant :oops: :lol:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 Jan 2009 16:42

'Lita if you've got to go away, don't think I can take the pain'?? :lol:

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 13 Jan 2009 16:43

if we have a lita that is fired up to get himself a good deal in the summer than great! he has an opportunity now to put himself in the shop window and increase his value. That can only be good for us. Look how Michael owen has changed as a player now he is looking for a new club.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Jan 2009 16:44

weybridgewanderer if we have a lita that is fired up to get himself a good deal in the summer than great! he has an opportunity now to put himself in the shop window and increase his value. That can only be good for us. Look how Michael owen has changed as a player now he is looking for a new club.

You don't think that the change in Owen might be something to do with finally being fit ?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 13 Jan 2009 16:45

I think a not insignificant part of the RFC statement is that the bid was lodged last week; eg: BEFORE our game on Friday night.

Sheffield Utd have been well and truly murked here, and by going public with a bid which had been turned down a week ago they were clearly trying to pull the wool over the eyes of their own fans.

It also seems to me that Leroy has matured in the last few months; turning down a promotion rival is clearly a sensible move for him to have made, as if he stays with us till the end of the season he is in a no lose situation come July 1st.....

1 We go up and offer him a new contract which he accepts,
2 We either go up or stay down and offer him a new contract which he rejects and moves for free (and a massive signing on fee)
3 We don't offer him a new contract and he moves for free (and a massive signing on fee)

Regardless of his motives, it is in his best interests to knuckle down, play as well as he can when he gets the chance and scores a few goals, as it will improve his chances of securing a good move (or a better contract with us) when he becomes a free agent.

This HAS to be good for us for the last 19 games of the season!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Jan 2009 16:47

Royal With Cheese
winchester_royal Shirley you are joking? Nhunt has been good, but he is a good championship striker at best,

Yes, straight from the sub-standard SPL. Where will we get them from next? League of Ireland?

I think it is reasonable to expect NHunt to continue improving for a while yet.

(Not suggesting he's going to be that good but) Ian Wright scored 19 goals in his first 77 games for Palace under Coppell (all in the 2nd tier), Hunt has already notched 12 in 26 at the same level.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 13 Jan 2009 16:52

cmonurz 'Lita if you've got to go away, don't think I can take the pain'?? :lol:

good god no.

And why have you got 'er offa Titanic as ur avatar? Is that her version of the Lita shagathon vid?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 Jan 2009 16:56

What's wrong with having your future wife in your avatar?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 13 Jan 2009 17:04

Very disappointed really - it would have been a good deal for us to have got our money back.

if I believed for one moment that Lita was serious about staying with us for the long run I would be delighted but clearly he is just out to do a Sidwell and get the best deal he can for himself next Summer when he goes on a free. Barring injuries to Doyle, Long and Hunt, I cannot see Coppell just letting him play for us so he can out himself in the shop window, so in all probability he will end up back on loan somewhere until the end of the season - unless a big PL club comes in and he decides the offer is too good to refuse and decides to go after all.

I am not surprised as I expected it to pan out like this but like Sidwell he is taking a huge risk. Should he play next week and get a career ending injury his pay cheques will stop at the end of June and its goodbye to football.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Jan 2009 17:06

andrew1957 Very disappointed really - it would have been a good deal for us to have got our money back.

if I believed for one moment that Lita was serious about staying with us for the long run I would be delighted but clearly he is just out to do a Sidwell and get the best deal he can for himself next Summer when he goes on a free. Barring injuries to Doyle, Long and Hunt, I cannot see Coppell just letting him play for us so he can out himself in the shop window, so in all probability he will end up back on loan somewhere until the end of the season - unless a big PL club comes in and he decides the offer is too good to refuse and decides to go after all.

I am not surprised as I expected it to pan out like this but like Sidwell he is taking a huge risk. Should he play next week and get a career ending injury his pay cheques will stop at the end of June and its goodbye to football.

I don't think the insurance policies work that way - if he were to get a career ending injury he'd get a seriously massive payout.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 13 Jan 2009 17:07

Franchise FC
weybridgewanderer if we have a lita that is fired up to get himself a good deal in the summer than great! he has an opportunity now to put himself in the shop window and increase his value. That can only be good for us. Look how Michael owen has changed as a player now he is looking for a new club.

You don't think that the change in Owen might be something to do with finally being fit ?

No, I believe it is because he is putting himself in the shop window

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 13 Jan 2009 17:11

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 26 Jun 2010 04:56, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 13 Jan 2009 17:12

andrew1957 Very disappointed really - it would have been a good deal for us to have got our money back.

If he does even half as much as Sidwell did while he was just putting himself in the shop window I think we'll have doe pretty well

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 13 Jan 2009 17:12

andrew1957
if I believed for one moment that Lita was serious about staying with us for the long run I would be delighted but clearly he is just out to do a Sidwell and get the best deal he can for himself next Summer when he goes on a free. Barring injuries to Doyle, Long and Hunt, I cannot see Coppell just letting him play for us .

If Lita performs the way Sidwell did in his final season then I'm happy for him to stick around.

And Coppell has already allowed Lita to play for us (with some success).

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 Jan 2009 17:18

Thaumagurist*
cmonurz What's wrong with having your future wife in your avatar?

Huh! That's MY future wife you're talking about, you bastard.

Lowest number of chins wins.

Oh, that's me.

Tough luck Spacey, coming up against Chinwang at such a crucial moment.

dobcheck

by dobcheck » 13 Jan 2009 17:21

I think for the 1 million we shelled out for Lita we have got our money's worth what with the goals he scored to help us get promoted and the goals he scored in our first season in the premier league. If he can score us a few more goals to help us get promoted again and then decides to leave i think he would have been excellent value for money, he gets his free transfer and we have a few more quid to play with in the wages department and are back in the premier league.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 13 Jan 2009 17:35

cmonurz
Thaumagurist*
cmonurz What's wrong with having your future wife in your avatar?

Huh! That's MY future wife you're talking about, you bastard.

Lowest number of chins wins.

Oh, that's me.

Tough luck Spacey, coming up against Chinwang at such a crucial moment.

Why would she go for somebody who doesn't seem to have a chin?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Jan 2009 17:49

I can't believe Spacey is trying to say we didn't accept the offer!

I'm sure Lita has his reasons for turing Sheff U down, most of them £££, but all I can say is that I hope he knuckles down and uses the next few months as a chance to prove his worth to any potential buyers, ala Sidwell, and doesn't just sit around sulking when he doesn't get what he thinks is a fair chance.

Personally I'm a bit gutted he hasn't gone, but I'll be happy enough if he chips in with a few important goals to win us promotion.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 13 Jan 2009 17:54

Hoop Blah I can't believe Spacey is trying to say we didn't accept the offer!

We didn't. :roll:

If Lita had wanted to go, then we would have reluctantly accepted it. Does Hammond saying that Reading were pleased that Lita wanted to say not give you a clue about whether we wanted him to go? As it is, Lita didn't want to go, therefore we turned it down. It's not that difficult to understand.

323 posts