Blades bid for Lita

323 posts
andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Blades bid for Lita

by andrew1957 » 13 Jan 2009 17:58

I am astounded by the "we all love Leroy" attitude on here today after people have been criticising him for the last two seasons.

The truth is he is not a patch on Noel Hunt and has zero chance of starting in place of either Hunt or Doyle. He has had virtually no impact for Reading this season or last season. The only way I can see him getting starts is if we get an injury to either of our first choice strikers - unless we start playing 4-3-3 with three strikers - which is very unlikley. He may get a few sub outings this month in the vague hope that a PL club might start to show some interest and we can get him to change his mind - but then back out on loan he goes.

Therefore, I expect that he will continue to have little impact for the remainder of this season and then go and negotiate a deal somehwere else. I really hope I am wrong but that I what I think will happen.

This is where the Bosman rules stink really because they put all the power in the player's hands.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 13 Jan 2009 18:01

Hoop Blah Personally I'm a bit gutted he hasn't gone, but I'll be happy enough if he chips in with a few important goals to win us promotion.
Can't understand this. Doyle+Hunt+Lita+Long >>> Doyle+Hunt+Long. Leroy's a good guy to have to call on in case Doyle or NHunt goes down, and he has a fine track record at this level.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jan 2009 18:05

I don't particularly like Lita or want him at the club, but if he starts performing all the off the field stuff and past can fade into the background. Lita playing well and scoring goals deserves our support as much as most players at the club.

A Lita with a good attitude and in form is at least as valuable to us as NHunt. The question is whether that is what we've got. Because an out of sorts Lita interested in causing grief in nightclubs and recording himself shagging slappers, but not scoring (scuse the pun), is very definitely what we don't want.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 13 Jan 2009 18:08

In reference to Spacey...

The club probably didn't want Kitson and Shorey to go, but it doesn't mean they rejected the offers. Ideally you want to keep your best players all the time (not that Lita is one of those), but sometimes the offer is well worth accepting, particularly when the player's contract is up at the end of the season so in all likeliness you will lose him for nothing.
Last edited by Royalee on 13 Jan 2009 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 Jan 2009 18:09

andrew1957 I am astounded by the "we all love Leroy" attitude on here today after people have been criticising him for the last two seasons.

The truth is he is not a patch on Noel Hunt and has zero chance of starting in place of either Hunt or Doyle. He has had virtually no impact for Reading this season or last season. The only way I can see him getting starts is if we get an injury to either of our first choice strikers - unless we start playing 4-3-3 with three strikers - which is very unlikley. He may get a few sub outings this month in the vague hope that a PL club might start to show some interest and we can get him to change his mind - but then back out on loan he goes.

Therefore, I expect that he will continue to have little impact for the remainder of this season and then go and negotiate a deal somehwere else. I really hope I am wrong but that I what I think will happen.

This is where the Bosman rules stink really because they put all the power in the player's hands.

He now has months to negotiate a good deal and circulate his CV as the 'demand' has been generated.

He'll probably go to Sheffield at the end of the season on a Bosman.

Seaside Royal

by Seaside Royal » 13 Jan 2009 18:10

IMO Lita is and always has been interested in one thing..HIMSELF

(in his own words) ....

"I'm a changed man.. I want to work for the team even if I'm not playing"

All of a sudden Lita's reinvented himself as a model pro, would that have anything to do with him being available on a Bosman at the end of the season?

And yes I'm sure he'll play his heart out if given the chance between now and the end of season but he'll be playing for "HIMSELF" and his AGENT and although we'll get the benefit from this, I'd sooner of had the 6 figure sum offered today... BUT that was reportedly turned down NOT by READING but by Lita for not agreeing personal terms.

No doubt his personal terms will be met when he signs for free.

oxford off now Lita ... I'm bored of you!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jan 2009 18:14

Royalee In reference to Spacey...

The club probably didn't want Kitson and Shorey to go, but it doesn't mean they rejected the offers. Ideally you want to keep your best players all the time (not that Lita is one of those), but sometimes the offer is well worth accepting, particularly when the player's contract is up at the end of the season so in all likeliness you will lose him for nothing.

I heard a muttering going round that Kitson was the one striker we wanted to keep and we offered Lita and Doyle to Stoke instead of Kitson, but Pulis was adament Dave was his man. We needed to lower the wages and bring in some fees so couldn't really turn them down completely.

No idea whether there is a grain of truth in that or not though.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 13 Jan 2009 18:16

Seaside Royal IMO Lita is and always has been interested in one thing..HIMSELF

(in his own words) ....

All of a sudden Lita's reinvented himself as a model pro, would that have anything to do with him being available on a Bosman at the end of the season?

And yes I'm sure he'll play his heart out if given the chance between now and the end of season but he'll be playing for "HIMSELF" and his AGENT and although we'll get the benefit from this, I'd sooner of had the 6 figure sum offered today... BUT that was reportedly turned down NOT by READING but by Lita for not agreeing personal terms.

Didn't you read the article on the official site? :roll:

I don't think Sheffield United talked to his agent.

And I'm bored of morons like you.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Jan 2009 18:18

(in his own words) ....

Personally I'm bored with people constantly looking to construe anything to do with Lita in the worst possible light.

No he hasn't been the ideal role model off the pitch but, as far as I can make out from everything said by management, coaches and fellow players, he has always been a model professional in terms of training, fitness, application etc.

He is also 'guilty' of having done some good things for RFC and the fans.

Who knows, he may stay with us, play a key role in helping us to the PL and then get his terms, signing on fee etc. by signing a new contract with us!!

andrew1957 I am astounded by the "we all love Leroy" attitude on here today after people have been criticising him for the last two seasons.

The truth is he is not a patch on Noel Hunt and has zero chance of starting in place of either Hunt or Doyle.

But perhaps the 'we all love Leroy' attitude isn't coming from the same people who have been criticising him for the last two seasons!

Certainly some of his critics, yourself included, are sticking firmly to their guns!

As for him not being a patch on Noel Hunt, that's purely a matter of opinion and that's not to suggest that Hunt isn't a good player.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 13 Jan 2009 18:23, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 13 Jan 2009 18:21

How does the U24 rule work ?
Lita was 24 a couple of weeks ago. Is it a players age at start of the season, the end of his contract or some other point that determines if a tribunal fee applies when they are out of contract ?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 13 Jan 2009 18:21

Ian Royal I heard a muttering going round that Kitson was the one striker we wanted to keep and we offered Lita and Doyle to Stoke instead of Kitson, but Pulis was adament Dave was his man. We needed to lower the wages and bring in some fees so couldn't really turn them down completely.

Was that muttering being done by Reading Elvis?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Jan 2009 18:22

LOL. Jog on you mug. Once Hunt has proved he can score goals in the prem, then you maybe could make that kind of ridiculous statement.

philM

by philM » 13 Jan 2009 18:23

I reckon Leroy could do with a new agent, and stylist :lol:
Last edited by philM on 13 Jan 2009 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jan 2009 18:24

Royal With Cheese
Ian Royal I heard a muttering going round that Kitson was the one striker we wanted to keep and we offered Lita and Doyle to Stoke instead of Kitson, but Pulis was adament Dave was his man. We needed to lower the wages and bring in some fees so couldn't really turn them down completely.

Was that muttering being done by Reading Elvis?

NOpe, too long ago to remember where I got it from I'm afraid, it was when the deal was done.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 13 Jan 2009 18:24

Sun Tzu How does the U24 rule work ?
Lita was 24 a couple of weeks ago. Is it a players age at start of the season, the end of his contract or some other point that determines if a tribunal fee applies when they are out of contract ?

i stand to be corrected on this, but he has to turn down an equal or greater contract from us, in order to sign for the other club

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 Jan 2009 18:24

Thaumagurist*

(in his own words) ....

Didn't you read the article on the official site? :roll:

I don't think Sheffield United talked to his agent.

And I'm bored of morons like you.

You really think Lita negotiates his own contracts?!

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 13 Jan 2009 18:25

gazzer, loyal royal
Sun Tzu How does the U24 rule work ?

i stand to be corrected on this, but he has to turn down an equal or greater contract from us, in order to sign for the other club

Which he's done hasn't he ?

Seaside Royal

by Seaside Royal » 13 Jan 2009 18:27

RoyalBlue

(in his own words) ....

Personally I'm bored with people constantly looking to construe anything to do with Lita in the worst possible light.

No he hasn't been the ideal role model off the pitch but, as far as I can make out from everything said by management, coaches and fellow players, he has always been a model professional in terms of training, fitness, application etc.

He is also 'guilty' of having done some good things for RFC and the fans.

Who knows, he may stay with us, play a key role in helping us to the PL and then get his terms, signing on fee etc. by signing a new contract with us!!

I would like to think more highly of Lita in line with the rest of our players.. but i simply cant.
Maybe because IMO he no longer fits within this team as we've grown and he's been a little slow in keeping up (attitude).

I think we've moved on but sadly Lita still has some catching up to do. I hope I'm proved wrong and Lita gains my respect again and i can admire his skill and professionalism as i once did.

Amongst the sheep

by Amongst the sheep » 13 Jan 2009 18:28

Mr Angry I think a not insignificant part of the RFC statement is that the bid was lodged last week; eg: BEFORE our game on Friday night.

Sheffield Utd have been well and truly murked here, and by going public with a bid which had been turned down a week ago they were clearly trying to pull the wool over the eyes of their own fans.

It also seems to me that Leroy has matured in the last few months; turning down a promotion rival is clearly a sensible move for him to have made, as if he stays with us till the end of the season he is in a no lose situation come July 1st.....

1 We go up and offer him a new contract which he accepts,
2 We either go up or stay down and offer him a new contract which he rejects and moves for free (and a massive signing on fee)
3 We don't offer him a new contract and he moves for free (and a massive signing on fee)

Regardless of his motives, it is in his best interests to knuckle down, play as well as he can when he gets the chance and scores a few goals, as it will improve his chances of securing a good move (or a better contract with us) when he becomes a free agent.

This HAS to be good for us for the last 19 games of the season!

Totally agree & surely it is better for him to be at a club in 2nd than in the play-off pack?

Seaside Royal

by Seaside Royal » 13 Jan 2009 18:30

Uke

Of course players agree to terms and have a BIG say in their contract . Advised by their agents of course. Most players know how to play the game on and off the pitch.

Do you really think they're that dum?

323 posts