Blades bid for Lita

323 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Blades bid for Lita

by Hoop Blah » 13 Jan 2009 18:35

Arch
Hoop Blah Personally I'm a bit gutted he hasn't gone, but I'll be happy enough if he chips in with a few important goals to win us promotion.
Can't understand this. Doyle+Hunt+Lita+Long >>> Doyle+Hunt+Long. Leroy's a good guy to have to call on in case Doyle or NHunt goes down, and he has a fine track record at this level.

We've done pretty well without Lita in the past and I can't see him signing another contract with Reading whatever the future holds (although the one thing that might lead to him staying will be if Coppell leaves in the summer). He's holding out for a free transfer in the summer so that he can get as much of the money in his pockets as possible.

Selling him now for a decent fee (which the club obvioulsy felt it was otherwise they'd have knocked it back and not allowed Lita to talk to them) means we get him off the wage bill and generate a bit of funds to bring in another player that Coppell really wants around the place.

As a player he's good. As a squad player pulling in the same direction and as a positive influence around the club it seems pretty clear he's lacking.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Jan 2009 18:40

Thaumagurist*
Hoop Blah I can't believe Spacey is trying to say we didn't accept the offer!

We didn't. :roll:

If Lita had wanted to go, then we would have reluctantly accepted it. Does Hammond saying that Reading were pleased that Lita wanted to say not give you a clue about whether we wanted him to go? As it is, Lita didn't want to go, therefore we turned it down. It's not that difficult to understand.

Do you have some form of aspergers by any chance?

That we allowed Lita the option of talking to Utd means we were happy that the offer was good enough for us to not say no. That, in the real world, is effectively accepting the offer.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Jan 2009 18:41

If this really is a "seven figure fee", then reassemble these words to make the appropriate phrase : "off their hand bite."

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 13 Jan 2009 18:52

Dirk Gently If this really is a "seven figure fee", then reassemble these words to make the appropriate phrase : "off their hand bite."

We did, and Lita rejected them...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Jan 2009 19:37

Dirk Gently If this really is a "seven figure fee", then reassemble these words to make the appropriate phrase : "off their hand bite."

And replace him with whom?

Without a sensible and realistic answer you are Sir John and I won't claim my fiver 'cos I'd never get it!

Hoop Blah
Thaumagurist*

If Lita had wanted to go, then we would have reluctantly accepted it. Does Hammond saying that Reading were pleased that Lita wanted to say not give you a clue about whether we wanted him to go? As it is, Lita didn't want to go, therefore we turned it down. It's not that difficult to understand.

That we allowed Lita the option of talking to Utd means we were happy that the offer was good enough for us to not say no. That, in the real world, is effectively accepting the offer.

Except for that in the past SC has said that the club always make players aware of any interest shown in them.

So conceivably NH/SC could have said to Lita ' Leroy, you will no doubt hear through your agent anyway but Sheff Utd have made a bid of £1M for you and we have told them to take a hike.' To which Lita may have replied 'That's fine gaffer because I want to stay here, fight for my place and help win promotion, then we'll both decide what to do at the end of the season.'
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 13 Jan 2009 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 13 Jan 2009 19:39

gazzer, loyal royal
Sun Tzu How does the U24 rule work ?
Lita was 24 a couple of weeks ago. Is it a players age at start of the season, the end of his contract or some other point that determines if a tribunal fee applies when they are out of contract ?

i stand to be corrected on this, but he has to turn down an equal or greater contract from us, in order to sign for the other club

Correction on it's way.

Training compensation shall be paid to a player’s training club(s): (1) when a player signs his fi rst contract as a professional and (2) each time a professional is transferred until the end of the season of his 23rd birthday. The obligation to pay training compensation arises whether the transfer takes place during or at the end of the player’s contract. The provisions concerning training compensation are set out in Annexe 4 of these regulations.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Jan 2009 19:49

Hoop Blah
Thaumagurist*

Spacey, what would have happened in the case that Shef U appoached us, allowed them to speak to Leroy and they HAD come to an agreement?

We'd look pretty daft if we then said that actually there was no deal as Sheff U weren't offering enough money.

Factfinder

by Factfinder » 13 Jan 2009 20:06

They all will come to an agreement I think. Just a matter of renegotiating.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 13 Jan 2009 20:09

Platypuss
Spacey, what would have happened in the case that Shef U appoached us, allowed them to speak to Leroy and they HAD come to an agreement?

We'd look pretty daft if we then said that actually there was no deal as Sheff U weren't offering enough money.

What if we'd said to Sheff Utd that we noted their bid, they were free to talk to Leroy but terms were still subject to negotiation ? Allowing them to speak to him doesn't commit us to selling him at the first price offered... all pure conjecture though !!

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 13 Jan 2009 20:11

Platypuss

If NH was answering you, he would say:

"We did receive a private offer from Sheffield United for Leroy Lita last week. We always try to be open with our players regarding bids officially lodged by other clubs, so it was put to Leroy. However, we were very pleased that Leroy firmly stated his desire to stay at Reading, and he will not be joining Sheffield United."

So the club might feel it's right to inform Lita of the bid, even if they haven't decided whether it will be accepted or not. Of course Lita's answer will affect our decision - if he's keen to leave the club, his effective value to us decreases for several reasons. While Lita is making his decision, the bid might be neither accepted nor declined, just under advisement. Of course the whole thing looks a lot better for Reading if the story is that Lita's intention made the decision to accept or reject the bid irrelevant - and so that's the story we get.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 Jan 2009 20:26

Seaside Royal Uke

Of course players agree to terms and have a BIG say in their contract . Advised by their agents of course. Most players know how to play the game on and off the pitch.

Do you really think they're that dum?

Except it was Spacey who was 'quoting' the website's platitudes about loyalty that I was having a pop at, not you!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 13 Jan 2009 20:44

Pleased he is staying.
As far as this transfer window is concerned I will be happy with no movement either in or out of the club.

Seaside Royal

by Seaside Royal » 13 Jan 2009 21:10

Uke
Seaside Royal Uke

Of course players agree to terms and have a BIG say in their contract . Advised by their agents of course. Most players know how to play the game on and off the pitch.

Do you really think they're that dum?

Except it was Spacey who was 'quoting' the website's platitudes about loyalty that I was having a pop at, not you!

:shock: :P

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 13 Jan 2009 22:42

Uke You really think Lita negotiates his own contracts?!

How do you know there was any contract negotiations?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 13 Jan 2009 22:50

Hoop Blah That we allowed Lita the option of talking to Utd means we were happy that the offer was good enough for us to not say no. That, in the real world, is effectively accepting the offer.

Sheff Utd may have claimed to have talked to the player, but nowhere in the Reading statement does it say that Lita talked to them. The statement says that "it was put to Leroy" and that "Leroy firmly stated his desire to stay at Reading".

i.e. "Leroy, we have an offer from Sheffield United for you. What are your thoughts?" "Nah, man, I'm not interested, I want to stay, I insist on staying. I wanna fight for my place, you know."

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jan 2009 22:58

SpaceCruiser
Hoop Blah That we allowed Lita the option of talking to Utd means we were happy that the offer was good enough for us to not say no. That, in the real world, is effectively accepting the offer.

Sheff Utd may have claimed to have talked to the player, but nowhere in the Reading statement does it say that Lita talked to them. The statement says that "it was put to Leroy" and that "Leroy firmly stated his desire to stay at Reading".

i.e. "Leroy, we have an offer from Sheffield United for you. What are your thoughts?" "Nah, man, I'm not interested, I want to stay, I insist on staying. I wanna fight for my place, you know."

Equally their offer wasn't declined without the player been consulted. If Lita had wanted to go he'd have gone. There may have been a bit of further haggling over price, but he would have. So to all intents and purposes a bid was accepted in principle.

It's a fecking meaningless argument in reality and you're on your own, so lets just drop it.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Jan 2009 23:08

Let's not forget the scenario that if he leaves now he gets 10% of the transfer fee - if he gets signed when he's out of contract there is no transfer fee for the new club to pay, and so the "golden handshake" he'd get for joining them could be substantially bigger.

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 13 Jan 2009 23:14

Aside from your views on Lita's worth (or not) to RFC you have to admit the absolute sh*t storm this has created with the Blades fans is highly amusing.

The Blades United board has bile and venom being thrown at all and sundry (but suprisingly not Reading)

http://www.bladesunited.org/

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 13 Jan 2009 23:51

winchester_royal
andrew1957 I am astounded by the "we all love Leroy" attitude on here today after people have been criticising him for the last two seasons.

The truth is he is not a patch on Noel Hunt and has zero chance of starting in place of either Hunt or Doyle. He has had virtually no impact for Reading this season or last season. The only way I can see him getting starts is if we get an injury to either of our first choice strikers - unless we start playing 4-3-3 with three strikers - which is very unlikley. He may get a few sub outings this month in the vague hope that a PL club might start to show some interest and we can get him to change his mind - but then back out on loan he goes.

Therefore, I expect that he will continue to have little impact for the remainder of this season and then go and negotiate a deal somehwere else. I really hope I am wrong but that I what I think will happen.

This is where the Bosman rules stink really because they put all the power in the player's hands.

LOL. Jog on you mug. Once Hunt has proved he can score goals in the prem, then you maybe could make that kind of ridiculous statement.

Lita got 8 goals in our first in the Prem and one in the second...................so he's yet to reach double figures in the top flight.

Furthermore, according to one of Fridays match reports, that was his first goal at the Mad Stad since Feb 2007 :|

Does anyone doubt that the club were prepared to accept Sheff U's offer?

Anyone who thinks we would have taken twice that figure for Noel Hunt really is a mug.

To be fair to Lita, it's hard to see what he would have gained by such a move at this stage and, looking on the bright side, if he manages one more league goal before the end of may, that would represent 100% improvement on last season...............................go, Leroy!!!!

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 14 Jan 2009 09:28

Why would Leroy want to go and play for Sheffield United? He can have his pick of clubs in the summer, which may include one in London and may even include one in the Premier League. If I were him (and I'm not) I'd bang a few goals in for Reading in the next few months then walk to Fulham or somewhere for a nice fat signing-on fee. Everyone's a winner!

323 posts