STEPHEN HUNT - IS HIS TIME UP?

831 posts
S09Royal

Re: STEPHEN HUNT - IS HIS TIME UP?

by S09Royal » 16 Jan 2009 21:48

He could well be off to Spurs for £5million

Article in The Sun.

Hunt's Spur
'Ireland Winger Stephen Hunt, 28, has been told he can quit Reading if spurs boss Harry Redknapp bids £5million.
Royals coach Wally Downes said: "If the deal is right for the player, for us and for the buyers, they are the three ingredients you need for the transfer."

Hmm....goodbye SHunt?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jan 2009 22:38

Looks like a rehash of something written a couple of months ago about Everton bidding.

Says nothing new. If Spurs bid £5m they trigger a release clause. They have to bid the £5m first though. Otherwise Hunt goes nowhere.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 17 Jan 2009 09:08

Ian Royal Looks like a rehash of something written a couple of months ago about Everton bidding.

Says nothing new. If Spurs bid £5m they trigger a release clause. They have to bid the £5m first though. Otherwise Hunt goes nowhere.

Unless the club now decide that they'd take £4m for him

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 17 Jan 2009 09:34

I know he has not mentioned Hunty but I really dislike Harry Rednap.......can't keep his mouth shut about players he wants and openly leaks articles to papers and comments on TV.

Hope they get relegated.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jan 2009 10:32

S09Royal He could well be off to Spurs for £5million

Article in The Sun.

Hunt's Spur
'Ireland Winger Stephen Hunt, 28, has been told he can quit Reading if spurs boss Harry Redknapp bids £5million.
Royals coach Wally Downes said: "If the deal is right for the player, for us and for the buyers, they are the three ingredients you need for the transfer."

Hmm....goodbye SHunt?

One ingredient of the three is immediately missing. Letting S Hunt go at this time can not be right for the club. So, unless contractually we have no option, S Hunt should go nowhere!

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 17 Jan 2009 11:00

RoyalBlue
S09Royal He could well be off to Spurs for £5million

Article in The Sun.

Hunt's Spur

Hmm....goodbye SHunt?

One ingredient of the three is immediately missing. Letting S Hunt go at this time can not be right for the club. So, unless contractually we have no option, S Hunt should go nowhere!

I think contractually we have no option. If someone bids 5m then he can go

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 17 Jan 2009 11:28

I think Spurs have bigger fish to fry.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 829721.stm

Hunt would be no more than back-up. Sitting in the reserves and taking the money like Sidwell.

A waste.

1871royals

by 1871royals » 17 Jan 2009 12:03

I dont think the Palacois deal has any bearing on Shunt. The Wigan guy is a CM.

I think we need to be concerned with Spurs signing a left winger. They seem to have given up on Downing, so hopefully Plan B isnt Shunt.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 17 Jan 2009 12:57

RoyalBlue

disagree, if the offer is high enough, then it is right for the club to accept it. This is why there is a £5m release clause for Hunt. If we got a bid of £4.5 then we would hold out, but keeping a player from moving to a bigger club rarely makes for a good situation.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 17 Jan 2009 13:26

The 17 Bus
RoyalBlue

disagree, if the offer is high enough, then it is right for the club to accept it. This is why there is a £5m release clause for Hunt. If we got a bid of £4.5 then we would hold out, but keeping a player from moving to a bigger club rarely makes for a good situation.

Unless you are of the opinion that losing SHunt will cost us a top 2 place. Which it will.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 17 Jan 2009 13:40

As could having a player that wanted to go play for a bigger club, on bigger wages, with a better chance of prem football next season, and Europe as an achievable goal.

Selling one player should not derail what we have going here, it could be used to make the rest even more determined to show that Hunt should have stayed, by getting promotion and then doing better than Spurs.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 17 Jan 2009 14:09

if Hunt is going I would hop that SC already as a replacement lined up, the worse thing that could happen is for him to leave on the last day, that would give us virtually no time to sign someone

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 17 Jan 2009 14:41

Sky Sports has finally caught up and has SHunt linked heavily with both Wigan and Spurs and Campbell-Ryce on his way to us after a long-standing interest

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2009 14:49

the important question for me is, would a replacement have the corner taking ability, as that is where a large number of our goals seem to come from.

I think this is unlikely, to be a particularly strong speciality of any replacement we get in.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 17 Jan 2009 18:41

Ian Royal the important question for me is, would a replacement have the corner taking ability, as that is where a large number of our goals seem to come from.

I think this is unlikely, to be a particularly strong speciality of any replacement we get in.

I'd love to see Marek get a chance to take set pieces.
On FIFA09 (yeah, I know...) he's the best RFC set piece taker.
Not that that means anything.

zummerset

by zummerset » 17 Jan 2009 19:08

The 17 Bus keeping a player from moving to a bigger club rarely makes for a good situation.

Yep Kits and Shory have done really well - perhaps we should have saved them from themselves!

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 17 Jan 2009 19:11

zummerset
The 17 Bus keeping a player from moving to a bigger club rarely makes for a good situation.

Yep Kits and Shory have done really well - perhaps we should have saved them from themselves!

I think we tried to save Shorey, but he was a very silly boy and would not listen.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Steven Hunt is a good player, sign in

by Chaney » 18 Jan 2009 14:12

ok since we have a 34 page thread dabating that good and not so good atributes of our right winger, lets have your opinions on our left sided player that contributes much to set pieces but virtually sod all apart fron running around alot in open play!

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Steven Hunt is a good player, sign in

by Royal With Cheese » 18 Jan 2009 14:15

Chaney ok since we have a 34 page thread dabating that good and not so good atributes of our right winger, lets have your opinions on our left sided player that contributes much to set pieces but virtually sod all apart fron running around alot in open play!

You must be a Swindon fan. Go home.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Steven Hunt is a good player, sign in

by Victor Meldrew » 18 Jan 2009 20:10

Chaney ok since we have a 34 page thread dabating that good and not so good atributes of our right winger, lets have your opinions on our left sided player that contributes much to set pieces but virtually sod all apart fron running around alot in open play!

I think you have summed up the situation pretty well and there's not much more to say apart from the fact that some club may still pay some ludicrous amount of money but none seem in any great hurry to do business.
The last thing we want is the player that he was for the second part of last season performing just as badly for this just because he rates himself so highly,more highly I guess than Premiership managers do.
We all know that, if he stays, our manager won't drop him so if he plays like he did in the first part of last season for us fine otherwise I wish he would leave.

831 posts