Mateovsky

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Mateovsky

by Snowball » 20 Jan 2009 00:04

I think we should play him or sell him. IMO he's true class but his body-language suggests he's fallen out with SC,

I really like Noel Hunt, great buy, brave, but I wonder if our best formation would be 4-5-1 with Matey
ahead of any two from five CMs...? or 4-4-1-1?

That might mean Noel would be sacrificed

or

Noel Hunt could play RW in the 4-5-1. Not as "brilliant" as Kebe but far more reliable and stronger at ball-winning
and of course, knows how to score goals.

As for Matey's form, I don't think it's fair to judge him. He's barely had a sniff and he probably can't believe he isn't
playing. Skill-wise he really has it. When I first saw him at the Madjeski I couldn't believe our luck.

So what if he isn't the best tackler in the world? Doesn't stop him playing for the Czech republic
and scoring against Germany (or scoring against Liverpool)

If he was the "free/attacking MF in 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 AND HE WAS GIVEN A RUN OF GAMES I think we'd be a better side

We have to get some real flair into the midfield, someone who can do something extra, especially against other teams
coming to Reading to play 4-5-1 and try to stifle the game.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Mateovsky

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Jan 2009 01:28

Coppell doesn't like talented players.

He likes hard working less talented players who he's managed at previous clubs, thought everyone accepted that?

Thats why people like fae and matejovsky don't get a game.

starbug

by starbug » 20 Jan 2009 06:45

Dont understand why Coppell bothered buying him, I do rate him but our system doesn't fit him at all. No point having a classy central midfielder if you lump it down the wings all the time. To get the best out of him we'd need to radically change the way we play (like passing to each other) and I dont think Coppell will ever change that, a total waste.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Jan 2009 09:07

FiNeRaIn Coppell doesn't like talented players.

:lol: :roll:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 20 Jan 2009 09:30

Snowball I think we should play him or sell him. IMO he's true class but his body-language suggests he's fallen out with SC,

I really like Noel Hunt, great buy, brave, but I wonder if our best formation would be 4-5-1 with Matey
ahead of any two from five CMs...? or 4-4-1-1?

That might mean Noel would be sacrificed

or

Noel Hunt could play RW in the 4-5-1. Not as "brilliant" as Kebe but far more reliable and stronger at ball-winning
and of course, knows how to score goals.

As for Matey's form, I don't think it's fair to judge him. He's barely had a sniff and he probably can't believe he isn't
playing. Skill-wise he really has it. When I first saw him at the Madjeski I couldn't believe our luck.

So what if he isn't the best tackler in the world? Doesn't stop him playing for the Czech republic
and scoring against Germany (or scoring against Liverpool)

If he was the "free/attacking MF in 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 AND HE WAS GIVEN A RUN OF GAMES I think we'd be a better side

We have to get some real flair into the midfield, someone who can do something extra, especially against other teams
coming to Reading to play 4-5-1 and try to stifle the game.

spell his name right 1st, then start your debate!! :roll:
Last edited by loyalroyal4life on 20 Jan 2009 09:33, edited 1 time in total.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 20 Jan 2009 09:33

starbug Dont understand why Coppell bothered buying him, I do rate him but our system doesn't fit him at all. No point having a classy central midfielder if you lump it down the wings all the time. To get the best out of him we'd need to radically change the way we play (like passing to each other) and I dont think Coppell will ever change that, a total waste.

Absolutely right.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 20 Jan 2009 09:38

Matejovsky's value will be more evident if we get back to the premier league - he is arguably the only central midfield player we have that can be as creative as we will need to make a good fist of it second time around.

Hoofing to the wings in premier league isnt going to work - so there will be a lot of reliance of centre midfield

He's a bit too much of a clever player for the championship

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 20 Jan 2009 09:43

starbug Dont understand why Coppell bothered buying him, I do rate him but our system doesn't fit him at all. No point having a classy central midfielder if you lump it down the wings all the time. To get the best out of him we'd need to radically change the way we play (like passing to each other) and I dont think Coppell will ever change that, a total waste.

A waste in the Championship, maybe, but we'll need his guile in the Prem. That's what he was bought for.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Jan 2009 10:02

If we play 4-5-1 away from home in the prem, that is where he will shine.

As it is we play 4-4-2 all the time and he doesn't work in that system.

Harry Carry

by Harry Carry » 20 Jan 2009 10:04

A good player can adapt his game to suit the team. He's obviously not good enough.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 20 Jan 2009 10:33

Harry Carry A good player can adapt his game to suit the team. He's obviously not good enough.

Good point

I haven't been impressed with him tbh but I know he would be better off at a better club!

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 20 Jan 2009 10:34

Harry Carry A good player can adapt his game to suit the team. He's obviously not good enough.

Bit like Lampard for England then?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 20 Jan 2009 10:42

Snowball but his body-language suggests he's fallen out with SC,

Do you watch them two in training every day?

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 20 Jan 2009 10:50

bottom left hand corner

Good point

:shock:

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 20 Jan 2009 10:53

Bill Oddie's Beard
bottom left hand corner

Good point

:shock:

Whats the shock for??

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 20 Jan 2009 10:55

bottom left hand corner Whats the shock for??

Harry Carry being told he made a good point :wink:

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 20 Jan 2009 10:57

Bill Oddie's Beard
bottom left hand corner Whats the shock for??

Harry Carry being told he made a good point :wink:

:lol:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 20 Jan 2009 11:17

CMRoyal

A waste in the Championship, maybe, but we'll need his guile in the Prem. That's what he was bought for.

who's to say he will even be with us next season even if we are in the prem. He couldnt get in the team this season, sure he wont walk in next season thus not getting backing by SSC of 1st team football so he may just leave

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 20 Jan 2009 11:24

loyalroyal4life
CMRoyal

who's to say he will even be with us next season even if we are in the prem. He couldnt get in the team this season, sure he wont walk in next season thus not getting backing by SSC of 1st team football so he may just leave

Wouldn't surprise me if he isn't with us next season

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 20 Jan 2009 12:06

Wouldn't surprise me if he isn't with us next season

dito