Rumour - SHunt off

688 posts
gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

Re: Rumour - SHunt off

by gazzer, loyal royal » 18 Jan 2009 19:45

Hunty now, as a far as I'm concerned, can go. He has his head turned by fictional newspaper stories, and thinks he is better than what he actually is. However, £5m is a great price for a player who can only play to that price tag once every 6 games.

Coppell has said that Kebe, naturally is a left sided midfielder, so if it is true that Condolisa Ryce is on his way in, along with a striker for that £5m we made, would be brilliant.

mikey0406

£200 A safe bet???

by mikey0406 » 20 Jan 2009 00:27

i have a bet on with a friend who shall remain nameless (ahem) and he has bet me £200 that Stephen Hunt will not leave this transfer window.

Safe bet or not????

I think that Tab has been pulled in as his replacement and a deal is close

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 20 Jan 2009 00:41

http://www.fansfc.com/SpeculationDetails/184.html

£6 million. I'm bored and should be in bed!!

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: £200 A safe bet???

by Deathy » 20 Jan 2009 08:05

Not safe.

Hopefully Wigan will pay the £5m he isn't worth.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Jan 2009 13:23

I don't see the point in leaving Reading to join Wigan.

What a waste of time that would be.

If Hunt leaves Reading it should be to join Everton or Spurs or Newcastle..... At least go to a decent club.

He is no more likely to achieve his footballing ambitions at Wigan than he is if he were to stay with Reading.
He would actually be taking a huge risk going to Wigan. They are now at the stage of their development where their squad is about to be pulled apart by wealthier clubs and Wigan could be on their way back down again.

Very few players go on to better things after leaving Reading. Hunt will be no exception if he goes somewhere like Wigan.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 20 Jan 2009 13:37

Top Flight I don't see the point in leaving Reading to join Wigan.

What a waste of time that would be.

If Hunt leaves Reading it should be to join Everton or Spurs or Newcastle..... At least go to a decent club.

He is no more likely to achieve his footballing ambitions at Wigan than he is if he were to stay with Reading.
He would actually be taking a huge risk going to Wigan. They are now at the stage of their development where their squad is about to be pulled apart by wealthier clubs and Wigan could be on their way back down again.

Very few players go on to better things after leaving Reading. Hunt will be no exception if he goes somewhere like Wigan.

Whenever did sense come into this type of decision?
You could further argue that he is bound to play every week at Reading but might only be a sub at another club.
Despite the fact that this speculation has been going on since last summer I will be mildly surprised if any club is prepared to pay as much for him as they would have to pay for Jimmy Bullard.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 20 Jan 2009 13:42

I have heard from the same source that so reliably informed of Tabb's imminent arrival, that SHunt has been the subeject of offers of 5 mill from both Wigan and Spurs.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 20 Jan 2009 13:45

winchester_royal I have heard from the same source that so reliably informed of Tabb's imminent arrival, that SHunt has been the subeject of offers of 5 mill from both Wigan and Spurs.

Then its just a case of slate roof or penthouse flat i guess! :)

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 20 Jan 2009 13:47

winchester_royal I have heard from the same source that so reliably informed of Tabb's imminent arrival, that SHunt has been the subeject of offers of 5 mill from both Wigan and Spurs.

he is off to spurs!!

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 20 Jan 2009 13:55

I know Spurs are struggling but I think Hunt will struggle there - small fish in ocean!

He was a big fish in small tank with us!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 20 Jan 2009 15:09

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY I know Spurs are struggling but I think Hunt will struggle there - small fish in ocean!

he will struggle for sure but he is off to SPURS

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 20 Jan 2009 15:10

loyalroyal4life
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY I know Spurs are struggling but I think Hunt will struggle there - small fish in ocean!

he will struggle for sure but he is off to SPURS

I don't get it. :|

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 20 Jan 2009 15:14

Hunt needs to buy a pair of tweezers if this is the case - splinters can play havoc especially in your arse!

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 20 Jan 2009 16:32

I could see him at Wigan. I just can't see Spurs - though if he has a choice I'm sure he'll choose Spurs.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jan 2009 18:10

Royal With Cheese I could see him at Wigan. I just can't see Spurs - though if he has a choice I'm sure he'll choose Spurs.

Be hilarious if he did and they got relegated.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Jan 2009 08:33

Looks like Spurs have secured Palacios.

So probably its Wigan that will try to get Hunty.

But why would Hunt want to play for the one team that plays in front of an empty stadium each week in the Premier League.

As I already mentioned Wigan are particularly vulnerable to losing their best assests over the next two transfer windows. Heskey, Valencia, Palacios, Kirkland and others could all be gone soon leaving Wigan vulnerable to a relegation next season.

Hunt has the same chance of regular Premier League football at Reading as he does at Wigan. So If I were Hunt, I would not leave Reading to join as boring and dull a club as Wigan Athletic.

Go to Everton, Go to Villa, Go to Spurs, Go to Newcastle. For those teams Hunt has my blessing but going to Wigan is madness and I'll think Hunt is a right numpty if he joins the Latics.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 21 Jan 2009 10:06

Top Flight Hunt is a right numpty if he joins the Latics.

Sounds like a new chant to me...

Altogether now

Tommy Youlden's Ears

by Tommy Youlden's Ears » 21 Jan 2009 11:14

Top Flight Hunt is a right numpty if he joins the Latics.

Nail on the head. Hunt is a numpty. It's why his play lacks vision, his mouth spouts nonsense, and the grass is always greener. Numptyness abounds. Rather like Splodgeness.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 21 Jan 2009 11:30

Look's like Hunt will leave anyway.

The question is, have we already got his replacement or will we buy somebody else, Campbell-Ryce for example?

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 21 Jan 2009 11:35

If Hunty goes for £5 million then it would be a good deal for us, his mind isn't on Reading anymore and as some people have stated his head has been turned by all the rumours. It's a shame that he doesnt want to give us till the end of the season, but if he goes to Spurs it will fulfill his big club mentality that he has. I can't understand why he would want to go to Wigan though other than cash, I believe he is one of the highest paid people at the club now so unless he really is going to get alot more by moving to Wigan I don't see the point. He'd be better of sticking with us and hoping he can help get us up into the premiership again.

My only concern with all of this is that it happens at the last minute again and we don't get cover in for him, I just hope that doesnt happen again like it did with Shorey and we ended up playing hunt as a left back !!!

688 posts