No longer a rumour - Jay Tabb

216 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: No longer a rumour - Jay Tabb

by Royal Lady » 21 Jan 2009 14:20

Oooh - you're a clever little thing BOB!! Cheers for that.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 21 Jan 2009 14:25

We've also got Rosenior and Duberry making pretty regular starts and Henry, Karacan, Pearce all likely to be in the squad.

I can't remember the exact wording of the rule but almost all our players qualified. IIRC they reckoned only a couple of teams in the league might have struggled to have the right numbers (but I could be misremembering !!)

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 21 Jan 2009 14:46

Sun Tzu We've also got Rosenior and Duberry making pretty regular starts and Henry, Karacan, Pearce all likely to be in the squad.

I can't remember the exact wording of the rule but almost all our players qualified. IIRC they reckoned only a couple of teams in the league might have struggled to have the right numbers (but I could be misremembering !!)

The 'Home Grown Players' rule will require at least four players from clubs' sixteen man matchday squads to be registered domestically, for a minimum of three seasons, prior to their 21st birthday.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 21 Jan 2009 14:48

The more I hear about Tabby and what Cov and Brentford fans have to say about him, the more I like the fact we brought him here.

Now, if Hunt does stay, at least until the summer anyway, he has some serious competition for his place! Needed!!

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 21 Jan 2009 15:01

I don't know much about him, but if you get voted the fans' favourite at your last club that has to count for something, doesn't it?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 21 Jan 2009 15:12

Bill Oddie's Beard
Sun Tzu We've also got Rosenior and Duberry making pretty regular starts and Henry, Karacan, Pearce all likely to be in the squad.

The 'Home Grown Players' rule will require at least four players from clubs' sixteen man matchday squads to be registered domestically, for a minimum of three seasons, prior to their 21st birthday.

Thanks Bill !

Wasn't there also something that exempted current players if they had been in the country for a certain length of time ? In any case we should be comfortably within the regs

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 21 Jan 2009 17:37

Bill Oddie's Beard

Seeing as it only applies to the Football League it may turn out to be irrelevant anyway :wink:

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 22 Jan 2009 09:49

readingfc13
Bill Oddie's Beard

Seeing as it only applies to the Football League it may turn out to be irrelevant anyway :wink:

Ha, good point! I hadn't even thought about that!

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 24 Jan 2009 11:05

Just met a mate who is a Coventry City supporter. His view of Jay Tabb is that he is a good inventive midfielder, but plays at his best when there is a strong defensive midfielder alongside him. He is good going forward, but can't be relied upon to run the midfield. Also, his head tends to go down when losing.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this assessment, but it will be interesting to see how quickly SC brings him into the team, and what the favoured midfield pairing becomes.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 29 Jan 2009 14:38

i found out yesterday it was 200k up front and another 100k if we get promoted, so sounds like a good bit of business to me

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Jan 2009 14:40

gazzer, loyal royal i found out yesterday it was 200k up front and another 100k if we get promoted, so sounds like a good bit of business to me

that will be £300 k then :wink:

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 29 Jan 2009 14:44

loyalroyal4life
gazzer, loyal royal i found out yesterday it was 200k up front and another 100k if we get promoted, so sounds like a good bit of business to me

but technically not yet :wink:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 29 Jan 2009 14:53

gazzer, loyal royal
loyalroyal4life

If we donp;t go up some fule will claim it was a plot by JM to save the money !

Hungerford Bee

by Hungerford Bee » 29 Jan 2009 15:02

Not what I heard from Coventry souce - even at the numbers that I heard which are 2 or 3 times yours its still a bargain.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular

by gazzer, loyal royal » 29 Jan 2009 15:16

Hungerford Bee

Not what I heard from Coventry souce - even at the numbers that I heard which are 2 or 3 times yours its still a bargain.

my source is the guy who pays the money...

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Jan 2009 15:26

If we donp;t go up some fule will claim it was a plot by JM to save the money !

yes me :wink:

216 posts