Wolves fans- Hungry Tonight!

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Peckham Wolf

by SteveRoyal » 28 Jan 2009 20:36

He's ashamed of his team's performance against a makeshift defence yesterday.
He won't show his face around here for at least a week.

bishbosh92

Re: Wolves fans- Hungry Tonight!

by bishbosh92 » 28 Jan 2009 22:09

I thought the Wolves fans were shit tbh!

we scored early and they kept responibly quite!

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 28 Jan 2009 22:11

What was the "grassed your mate to save yourself" chant for?

Yes, Duberry did "grass" but, as I understand it, it wasn't in an effort to save himself from a custodial sentence.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 29 Jan 2009 08:44

Interesting to me is how criminals see it as 'grassing' and honest decent people see it as 'giving valuable evidence'! :oops:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 29 Jan 2009 08:48

Original chant for Duberry again I see.
I would imagine it's water off a duck's back to him.
No problem.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 29 Jan 2009 08:50

The red seats in the Upper West were full of Wolves fans on Tuesday night; the most noise they made was applauding the ref's decision to red card Collins!!!!!

:mrgreen:

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 29 Jan 2009 10:41

Compared with what passed as our "away support" at Saints last month, and most other away days to be fair, on balance I think I would prefer to be associated with a type that are moody, loud, aggressive, original, pissed up and uncooperative with stewards and police. I suppose I shall have to improve, I don`t yet tick every box from the above.
I don`t believe the popular excuse on here that the crowd does not make a difference, otherwise why do so many managers say the opposite.

boy1985

by boy1985 » 29 Jan 2009 10:46

Negative_Jeff Compared with what passed as our "away support" at Saints last month, and most other away days to be fair, on balance I think I would prefer to be associated with a type that are moody, loud, aggressive, original, pissed up and uncooperative with stewards and police. I suppose I shall have to improve, I don`t yet tick every box from the above.
I don`t believe the popular excuse on here that the crowd does not make a difference, otherwise why do so many managers say the opposite.

Because fans do 'make a difference' to their payslips

Whistle

by Whistle » 29 Jan 2009 10:59

T.R.O.L.I. One thing (and one thing only) sums up Wolves fans:

As you can see from his banner this poor young gentleman comes form Gornal which is not the best start in life.

This quote is from JB Priestley's 'English Journey' (1933).

"I remember arriving at the very end of the earth where the land appeared to have been uproooted by a giant pig and where there were cottages so small and odd they must have been built for gnomes, and this end of the earth was called Gornal."

In case you're wondering about regional bias Priestley was a Yorkie!

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 29 Jan 2009 14:43

Negative_Jeff Compared with what passed as our "away support" at Saints last month, and most other away days to be fair, on balance I think I would prefer to be associated with a type that are moody, loud, aggressive, original, pissed up and uncooperative with stewards and police. I suppose I shall have to improve, I don`t yet tick every box from the above.

Definitely agree with that. Although I've learned to live with what we've got as support, I can't help but get jealous when I see a crowd similar to what you described. Fair enough, Football is just about sitting in a stand and watching the game then going home to some fans, although I think there's also a hell of a lot of people that enjoy it for the days out, the banter, the more blokey side of it all I suppose.
People completely disagree with rowdyness makes a good atmosphere, yet Reading fans have always seemed to react and make a cracking atmosphere when they're faced with a more aggressive away support.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 29 Jan 2009 15:11

Zzzzzzzzzz.............

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 29 Jan 2009 15:18

Well done for not forgetting the capital letter.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 29 Jan 2009 15:19

Ta.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Jan 2009 15:27

FiNeRaIn I am urging readings fans to take note tonight, you'll be seeing one of the divisions top away followings. Expect them to be;

Moody
Loud
Agressive
Original
Pissed up
Uncooperative with stewards and police.

All the attributes that equate to a top away following. Maybe one day we might have a quality away support like this?

think they failed in all departments, their fans were....SHIT even we outsung them and at HOME

boy1985

by boy1985 » 29 Jan 2009 15:30

boy1985
FiNeRaIn I am urging readings fans to take note tonight, you'll be seeing one of the divisions top away followings. Expect them to be;

Moody because they haven't had any off their sister in days
Louder on the train than they will be in the stadium
Agressively bashing one off over McCartheys hooter at half time.
Originally from Birmingham
Pissed up after one can of shandy
Uncooperative with stewards and police when asked to stop licking each other

All the attributes that equate to a top away following. Maybe one day we might have a quality away support like this?

I think it was spot on

peckhamwolf

by peckhamwolf » 09 May 2009 19:56

Chuckle Brother Anyone heard anything from him this week ?

Or can we assume he is yet another knife crime statistic ?

I thought I'd bide my time before making a reappearance, and your toothless showing today seemed the perfect opportunity to bid you a good bye and good luck for next season, as true order appears to be in the process of restoration with another of the football leagues founder members joining us amongst the upper echelons of English football.

Adios amigos x

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 09 May 2009 20:00

peckhamwolf

I thought I'd bide my time before making a reappearance, and your toothless showing today seemed the perfect opportunity to bid you a good bye and good luck for next season, as true order appears to be in the process of restoration with another of the football leagues founder members joining us amongst the upper echelons of English football.

Adios amigos x

Now you've done it. We'll only go and win 2-0 next Tuesday. Idiot. I'm wondering if Floyd's did a sex wee when the penalty was given?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 10 May 2009 01:07

peckhamwolf

Adios amigos x

Don't be fooled though, you are an absolute nothing club as well. You'll be back down in a year or two and will be doing it all over again like we will. A club like you will never achieve anything.
Blame football itself...for being a businessman's playground with no soul.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 10 May 2009 01:49

peckhamwolf

Adios amigos x

12 points is the target. I'm confident you guys can pull it off.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 10 May 2009 02:00

Royal With Cheese
peckhamwolf

Adios amigos x

Now you've done it. We'll only go and win 2-0 next Tuesday. Idiot. I'm wondering if Floyd's did a sex wee when the penalty was given?

TBF Floyd was in fine fettle tonight, singing and voicing his opinions. It doesn't mean he lacks passion - just realism.