MERGED - QPR: Back from the game

Carlos

Re: MERGED - QPR: Back from the game

by Carlos » 31 Jan 2009 23:49

Terrible game i thought although it didnt help that it was very windy. back five did very well and not sure what someone on here was saying about pearce's distribution. if your going to have a go at anyones distribution it would be doobs, and was slightly disapointed with armstrongs final balls when in good positions in second half.

Cisse was very industrious and the wide men were very poor summed up by Hunts terrible cross field ball to know one. He thinks hes like david beckham but his corners were very poor today. Kebe needs space which he wasnt given by a five man midfield but he still created our best chance which somehow lita missed and i must admit thinking that long would of scored as his jump as shown by his last minute goal against derby afew years ago shows. people were chanting about marek around me and he must wonder why he doesnt play because harper was yet again atrocious. He shows no leadership other than flailing his arms around, his distribution, tackling and strength are miserably bad. he did do one good ball to lita but once a game is not enough for supposedly a quality player.

brilliant atmosphere today, shame we couldnt nick a goal but still a fun day out.

Royal-DLG

by Royal-DLG » 01 Feb 2009 00:27

EastStander i was dissapointed by the fans aroud me/us. Started numerous chants only no one was bothered to join in. Feel a bit let down, was in the upper towards the back and even though everyone stood thought out, no one wanted to sing.

You where on the right side i take it.. very poor performance from them ... the left side was good though :) Sung for the majority, and as long as the singing is better than at home its fine by me!

Performance on the pitch was not great to say the least, poor pitch and two even teams meant the game never flowed properly, and it was literally head tennis for 90% of the time. Missed NHunts energy, although Leroy tried chasing down most things... Doyle a little within himself, not chasing as much as normal? Harper may as well have been in Middlesborough, the number of times he gave the ball away, didnt intercept when he should of or let the ball roll passed him is extraordinary!

My MOTM is Leroy, continued to show his new attitude by showing a real effort lacking by the majority today. If he keeps it up would be very happy for him to stay.

Sussex exile

by Sussex exile » 01 Feb 2009 00:38

Oh how fun today was, my seat was exceptional the tin-pot ground decided to rain on me (or someone in the upper tier decided to have a slash or spilled a drink) here's to hoping it was just a leak :x The game overall was quite average thought we cancelled each other out really, Was amazed Kebe wasn't brought off earlier he really was shocking and bottling out of a header....Hopefully he's benched on sat or dropped completely!

Leroy had a good game was all over the pitch getting stuck in and chasing nothing balls, Doobs as usual solid.

All in all a fun day out despite the "leak" and the shockingly SLOW service getting a beer at H/T our lot could do a quicker job :roll:

Tacano

by Tacano » 01 Feb 2009 01:05

Awful, awful game. The only highlight was chuckling at QPR's village simpleton fan, who wore a sombrero and liked to play with his honka-honka horn.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 01 Feb 2009 01:44

There was a good atmosphere in the walkabout 8). Not a bad place inthere actually. We need one of those big screens in the hotel.

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 01 Feb 2009 01:54

Sussex exile Oh how fun today was, my seat was exceptional the tin-pot ground decided to rain on me (or someone in the upper tier decided to have a slash or spilled a drink) here's to hoping it was just a leak :x The game overall was quite average thought we cancelled each other out really, Was amazed Kebe wasn't brought off earlier he really was shocking and bottling out of a header....Hopefully he's benched on sat or dropped completely!

Leroy had a good game was all over the pitch getting stuck in and chasing nothing balls, Doobs as usual solid.

All in all a fun day out despite the "leak" and the shockingly SLOW service getting a beer at H/T our lot could do a quicker job :roll:

I'm afraid to say it probably was piss unfortunately. I was stood towards the back of the upper tier as one of the stewards made his way up looking a bit angry. We turned round to see what was going on, to hear the steward say, "Look, I don't know which one of you it was, but whoever's had a piss can they stop! It's leaking down below and someone's covered in piss down there now."

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 01 Feb 2009 02:04

I would like to claim my £30 back. On the grounds I could have spent it on something worth while. Not only that I have wasted 2 hours of my life watching that crap and I can't get that back. Christ if Harper and Hunt are worth 10 million between them then god help us.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 01 Feb 2009 08:16

It was a flat performance but you have to give QPR some credit for that, it's a tight old pitch at Loftus Road, and QPR flooded their midfield and kept their 4-5-1 all the way through the match, their Midfielders worked very hard to close us down, to rush us and deny us space, and their centre-backs played well.
In fact, QPR have a great record against the top sides in this division and their tactics gave us a clue why...
Perhaps, if QPR played 4-4-2 or changed the tactics rather than subs coming on like for like, it would have opened the match for them, indeed some QPR mates I chatted to felt that we were there for the taking if they had done so.
Who knows.

Anyway, Reading lacked that bit of quality, composure and guile to break down the puzzle offered by QPR and the performance from the team as a result led to the wrong option, silly mistakes and all round ineffective team performance.

On the upside, defensively another clean sheet, Fed is really looking like the number 1 and Doyle and Lita laboured, but never gave up for that ONE CHANCE with the scraps fed to them.
But the midfield really strugged to get a grip, just didn't happen today and it frustrated many fans looking for their rightful victory on what seemed to be their big day out...

I'm very pragmatic about it all, credit to QPR, nevermind RFC, we didn't lose.

Ashfordroyal

Re: QPR: Back from the game

by Ashfordroyal » 01 Feb 2009 09:25

SLAMMED
willz_royal BOOOBS.

What a boring game. Fans in lower Z3 were on form. And Winchester royal was wearing a lovely hat.

I was down there too. You see the old couple who moved after the first 10 minutes.

Boring game today. Birmingham scored a 93rd minute equaliser against wednesday as well :roll:

Pictures:

From these photos Slammed, you must have been behind me, I was sat next to the "odd couple" that moved in the first 10 mins. The reason they moved was because the idiot behind them kept efin and blinding continually.
But please tell me you are not the tosser who slagged the team off the whole game shouting,
"this is fkcin sh*t"
"fkcn sort it out"
"your all twats"
"fkc off to Spurs Hunt"
etc. etc. etc.
In fact I nearly saved the stewards a job.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Feb 2009 09:30

£25 to get hypothermia and frostbite whilst watching a team who thought hoofing the ball skywards was the name of the game is not my idea of fun in the slightest.

Coppell should have asked every single player at half time if they wanted to actually PLAY for our team or wanted to fck off elsewhere, because some of the performances out there were woeful. QPR were equally rubbish and that's what got us a point. A better team could have tonked us 3 or 4 nil. :evil:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 01 Feb 2009 09:56

why did we not invoke our right to wear our home kit :twisted: :evil:

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 01 Feb 2009 10:01

What exactly were the stewards trying to achieve by blocking off people getting back into lower Z3 at half time?

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 01 Feb 2009 10:26

readingbedding It was a flat performance but you have to give QPR some credit for that, it's a tight old pitch at Loftus Road, and QPR flooded their midfield and kept their 4-5-1 all the way through the match, their Midfielders worked very hard to close us down, to rush us and deny us space, and their centre-backs played well.
In fact, QPR have a great record against the top sides in this division and their tactics gave us a clue why...
Perhaps, if QPR played 4-4-2 or changed the tactics rather than subs coming on like for like, it would have opened the match for them, indeed some QPR mates I chatted to felt that we were there for the taking if they had done so.
Who knows.

Anyway, Reading lacked that bit of quality, composure and guile to break down the puzzle offered by QPR and the performance from the team as a result led to the wrong option, silly mistakes and all round ineffective team performance.

On the upside, defensively another clean sheet, Fed is really looking like the number 1 and Doyle and Lita laboured, but never gave up for that ONE CHANCE with the scraps fed to them.
But the midfield really strugged to get a grip, just didn't happen today and it frustrated many fans looking for their rightful victory on what seemed to be their big day out...

Interesting to think of it from QPR fans perspective. If my team played 4-5-1 at home I'd be okay with it so long as the spare man played off the front man. To play the spare man (Mahon) in front of the back four would drive me nuts. Especially on such a narrow pitch when 4 can cover the space of 5 in any case.
But, the QPR fans are probably right in that we'd have won against 4-4-2 (look what happened when Watford changed to 4-4-2) and I'm afraid we're just going to have to put up with it for the rest of the season. Our CM will never look good in 3 v 2 (as would be the case for any other team), our wide men will be denied space constantly and we'll see lot's of hoofball.
BUT...not many sides are going to score against us with 4-5-1 and we're capable of nicking goals to win games. So, promotion beckons but it won't be pretty !!

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 01 Feb 2009 10:29

Irvinchangeyaname What exactly were the stewards trying to achieve by blocking off people getting back into lower Z3 at half time?

The stewars got funny about the lads at the back and some of their more 'blue' chants towards the end of the first half. Thats when the stewards got a bit funny. Dunno if its linked but bloody idiots them stewards.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 01 Feb 2009 10:40

Only thing we'll remember from the game was the cold . Talk about extremes , last time we went to QPR I remember it be like an oven upstairs in the upper stand and the cladding too hot to touch !!

Only colder game I can ever remember was Blackpool away about ten years ago on a Tuesday night , we won 2-0 but it was about minus 10 and a gale blowing !! Anyone else remember ? Doubt it :roll:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 01 Feb 2009 11:16

OLLIE KEARNS
readingbedding It was a flat performance but you have to give QPR some credit for that, it's a tight old pitch at Loftus Road, and QPR flooded their midfield and kept their 4-5-1 all the way through the match, their Midfielders worked very hard to close us down, to rush us and deny us space, and their centre-backs played well.
Who knows.

Interesting to think of it from QPR fans perspective. If my team played 4-5-1 at home I'd be okay with it so long as the spare man played off the front man. To play the spare man (Mahon) in front of the back four would drive me nuts. Especially on such a narrow pitch when 4 can cover the space of 5 in any case.
But, the QPR fans are probably right in that we'd have won against 4-4-2 (look what happened when Watford changed to 4-4-2) and I'm afraid we're just going to have to put up with it for the rest of the season. Our CM will never look good in 3 v 2 (as would be the case for any other team), our wide men will be denied space constantly and we'll see lot's of hoofball.
BUT...not many sides are going to score against us with 4-5-1 and we're capable of nicking goals to win games. So, promotion beckons but it won't be pretty !!

Yeah, 4-4-2 vs 4-4-2, could have been us, could have been them.
Would have been a more open game, that's for sure, perhaps QPR gave us respect as a decent side, and decided to KEEP IT TIGHT.
QPR mates were not very impressed with their manager subbing Mahon and replacing him for the same type of player, and then again Blackstock for Helguson...
But we've done the old 4-5-1 against sides we feared in the past, and we'll do so again.
Anyway

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 01 Feb 2009 11:39

Another very late goal for Brum to draw 1 - 1. Have they used up all their good luck?

royalguy

by royalguy » 01 Feb 2009 11:45

Yep it was frickin cold and the wind was bad where I was. Good atmosphere where I was sitting in lower Z4 though and stood through out the game.

Thought the first half was poor but although they had a lot of posession they couldn't seem to do much with it. Second half was a lot better and I thought we may well of nicked it but in the end was happy with the point.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 01 Feb 2009 11:47

That was the coldest game i've been to this season and Watford was frikin cold!
I thought Harper and Hunt were playing like they couldn't be bothered. It's so clear that they want to leave, so please just go.
First half performance was utter rubbish. WHY couldn't we play the same way we played against Wolves on Tuesday?!

Taken from http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A46784316
QPR FAN

"Although not on the official stats Reading were the dirtiest side to have come to Loftus this season so far. Numerous ankle taps, kicks, studs being raked down peoples legs, pulls, tugs and pushes went unnoticed by a poor referee who penalised Rangers for many a fair tackle.

Reading then topped it all off by not returning the ball after Rangers had let it run out of play due to a Reading player theatrically falling to the floor then getting straight up again as soon as the ball was out of play.

I thought the refereeing was week and I desperately, desperately hope that Reading don't get promoted this year. Poor football, poor sportmanship and a poor mentality from a team that is obviously far too arrogant and petulant than it should be."

:roll:

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 01 Feb 2009 12:20

Didnt they put the ball out of play by accident??