Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: STEPHEN HUNT - IS HIS TIME UP?

by paultheroyal » 02 Feb 2009 15:26

He looks good as gone.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Feb 2009 15:33

Well the only place he's going IF he's going is Spurs. Wigan are signing N'Zogbia.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 Feb 2009 15:41

I'd be surprised now if he goes anywhere.

Everyone knows his situation, and that RFC don't want to lose him so will stick to the letter of his contract, so if he was going to go he'd of gone already.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 02 Feb 2009 15:43

LoyalRoyalFan BBC Website :

1512: Championship Mole has just sent me some odds on Stephen Hunt - the bookies are big-time backing him to be a Premier League player by tonight, probably at Spurs, but possibly at Wigan. "They're not often wrong are they?" says moley. No my friend, they aren't. More's the pity.

Bookies might not be wrong very often, but Championship Mole has been 100% wrong wrong wrong so far. Clearly "mole" as in "blind as a".

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 02 Feb 2009 15:45

Brett Emerton has been ruled out of the rest of the season by injury, perhaps Big Sam could be interested in Hunt

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Feb 2009 15:48

Huntley & Palmer Brett Emerton has been ruled out of the rest of the season by injury, perhaps Big Sam could be interested in Hunt

Emerton plays at right back or right wing - so probably not.

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 02 Feb 2009 15:51

OS says no more deals, except McCarthy to Aldershot

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 02 Feb 2009 15:52

Stephen Hunts Club 3rd Feb 2009 - Win Special
Refresh odds Add to Basket Bet now
Reading 1/5
Wigan 7/1
Tottenham 10/1
Aston Villa 14/1
Portsmouth 14/1

Odds.
Lets be honest, the OS often lies to us.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Oi SHunt...

by Terminal Boardom » 02 Feb 2009 17:04

... Get a new agent.

I wonder how it feels not to be wanted by a Premier League club?

I wonder how it feels to be perceived as a pr1ck for prostituting his services to all and sundry with no return?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

Re: Oi SHunt...

by Alan Partridge » 02 Feb 2009 17:05

Terminal Boardom ... Get a new agent.

I wonder how it feels to be perceived as a pr1ck for prostituting his services to all and sundry with no return?

Can promote yourself as much as you like but the problem being he just isn't that good at football. Always a slight hindrance. Not surprising no one came in with the £5million when you can get the likes of Kevin Nolan for £4million or Bullard for the same price.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Feb 2009 17:33

Alan Partridge

Can promote yourself as much as you like but the problem being he just isn't that good at football. Always a slight hindrance. Not surprising no one came in with the £5million when you can get the likes of Kevin Nolan for £4million or Bullard for the same price.

Agreed.
Would love to have egg on my face and see the little man go but could any Reading fan who has been watching our team over the past 2 months seriously believe that Harry who is so good at spending other people's money would pay £5 million when he already has
Lennon
Bentley
Bale
Geovani
O'Hara
who can all play wide left.
Another clever operator in the transfer market Steve Bruce has persuaded his bosses to pay out £6 million for the athletic and skillful N'Zogbia.
They aren't daft nor are most of the Premier League clubs-Stephen Hunt is a run-of-the-mill Championship player who must have some hold over his manager as he never gets dropped regardless of how badly he plays.

y26 royal

by y26 royal » 02 Feb 2009 17:33

MR. CYNICAL After another shocker by him yesterday,wondered if it was time to cash in.
Can be a liability at times and probably getting too big for his boots.

Obviously not!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Feb 2009 17:41

Victor Meldrew
Alan Partridge

Agreed.
Would love to have egg on my face and see the little man go but could any Reading fan who has been watching our team over the past 2 months seriously believe that Harry who is so good at spending other people's money would pay £5 million when he already has
Lennon
Bentley
Bale
Geovani
O'Hara
who can all play wide left.
Another clever operator in the transfer market Steve Bruce has persuaded his bosses to pay out £6 million for the athletic and skillful N'Zogbia.
They aren't daft nor are most of the Premier League clubs-Stephen Hunt is a run-of-the-mill Championship player who must have some hold over his manager as he never gets dropped regardless of how badly he plays.

The last resort of someone desperately trying to undermine his post and show he has no ability to see past his own prejudice and blinkers.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 02 Feb 2009 18:43

I thought I wouldn't post this during the window, but here is my insider info on Stephen Hunt.

He had it in his head, since paper talk came out, that he was going to Spurs. He was convinced they would come in for him

I also know something else that happened in December about Hunty, but the club didn't release it as they though, and still do that it will have an adverse reaction about the relationship he shares with the fans

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Feb 2009 18:49

gazzer, loyal royal I thought I wouldn't post this during the window, but here is my insider info on Stephen Hunt.

He had it in his head, since paper talk came out, that he was going to Spurs. He was convinced they would come in for him

I also know something else that happened in December about Hunty, but the club didn't release it as they though, and still do that it will have an adverse reaction about the relationship he shares with the fans

As long as he gets on with it and carries on in his normal style, I couldn't give a monkey's. Assuming Coppell still wants him here and playing.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 02 Feb 2009 19:02

Let's just hope, that as other have said, he realises his best chance of getting back to the Prem is with us.

I think Hunt has become underatted by some on here. However I really resent some of the comments he has come out with in the last few months. The comments about the club owing it to him to let him move and basically accusing the club of not telling the truth about bids made for him. I think to an extent he's fallen victim to Harry's games, he tells loads of players he wants them, but just drops them when he gets who you really want. You can imagine him going to Levy and saying well if you don't give me the money I need for Keane, I can Stephen Hunt for £5m. Here's the cheque book 'arry!!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 04 Feb 2009 10:52

I was tempted to start another thread for this but it's not really worth it!

I saw the highlights of Southampton's game last night and Andrew Surman scored an excellent volley to level the scores briefly in their game with Sheffield Utd.It got me thinking has Stephen Hunt ever scored a 'wow' goal? By that I mean has he ever scored a 'screamer' or a goal that you have just thought was brilliant? Surman's goal a little bit reminded me of Convey's volley v Liverpool, I remember as soon as he scored it saying 'you know Hunt could never score that goal'.

Midfielders but mainly wingers usually score a goal or two a season that is goal of the season candidate, just thinking back to a few in recent years, Seol's goal(s) v West Ham and Sheff Utd, Convey v Millwallx 2 with the free kick, Burnley and that Liverpool game, even Little scored a lovely goal in the 3-1 win against Hull. I can't think of Hunt ever scoring a brilliant goal. Be it a mazy dribbleand finish, a 25 yard shot or even a free kick (one that he's meant before someone nominates Robinson's howler at Spurs!!)

It's not really a criticism but an observation, for someone who is meant to be worth another new contract (I can think of him signing 3 or 4 in the space of 3 years of being here) it's a slightly interesting one that he's never produced that wow factor if you like.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 04 Feb 2009 10:59

Alan Partridge I was tempted to start another thread for this but it's not really worth it!

I saw the highlights of Southampton's game last night and Andrew Surman scored an excellent volley to level the scores briefly in their game with Sheffield Utd.It got me thinking has Stephen Hunt ever scored a 'wow' goal? By that I mean has he ever scored a 'screamer' or a goal that you have just thought was brilliant? Surman's goal a little bit reminded me of Convey's volley v Liverpool, I remember as soon as he scored it saying 'you know Hunt could never score that goal'.

Midfielders but mainly wingers usually score a goal or two a season that is goal of the season candidate, just thinking back to a few in recent years, Seol's goal(s) v West Ham and Sheff Utd, Convey v Millwallx 2 with the free kick, Burnley and that Liverpool game, even Little scored a lovely goal in the 3-1 win against Hull. I can't think of Hunt ever scoring a brilliant goal. Be it a mazy dribbleand finish, a 25 yard shot or even a free kick (one that he's meant before someone nominates Robinson's howler at Spurs!!)

It's not really a criticism but an observation, for someone who is meant to be worth another new contract (I can think of him signing 3 or 4 in the space of 3 years of being here) it's a slightly interesting one that he's never produced that wow factor if you like.

Don't forget Little's wonder goal at Plymouth! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q68ch5w8sFY

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 04 Feb 2009 12:36

Can't believe i forgot that one!! That or Kitson's overhead at Bradford is the best goal I've seen by an RFC player. :oops:

Again, Hunt could never do that.

jollyjiminy

by jollyjiminy » 04 Feb 2009 12:39

Bill Oddie's Beard
Alan Partridge I was tempted to start another thread for this but it's not really worth it!

Don't forget Little's wonder goal at Plymouth! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q68ch5w8sFY

Hunt scored a brilliant goal against Brum in the FA cup a few years ago. Plus he's had some top quality efforts hit the bar.

831 posts