hellopremiership

Re: Great News SHunt Stays

by hellopremiership » 03 Feb 2009 11:07

'greed

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

Great News Harper Stays

by SWLR » 03 Feb 2009 11:07

Great for the club - he epitmoises every thing about Reading. Shiny new stadium/ shiny new player. Both struggled to live up to initial billing. Has been the heartbeat of this club though its rise to the Premier League.
Great for the team - not his best season, but he gets on and does his job
Great goal - vs Liverpool.. we will be telling our grandchildren about that one!

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

Great News Doyle Stays

by SWLR » 03 Feb 2009 11:08

'Nuff said

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 03 Feb 2009 11:08

cheeky +1 for me

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 03 Feb 2009 11:11

chilipepper91 cheeky +1 for me

well spotted, good man

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Feb 2009 11:13

+ 1 - back of the net!

Just shows how much people care about Hunty - much more hits than the other two threads about Doyle and Harps!

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 03 Feb 2009 11:19

possibly because Doyler never really had any rumours about him and for some reason harper has taken osters role last season

hughsies no.1

Re: Great News Harper Stays

by hughsies no.1 » 03 Feb 2009 11:22

despite a few dubious performances this season I definatley agree with you. Harps is a big piece of the reading jigsaw and we really would miss him if he left us!

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 03 Feb 2009 11:23

+1

lets get into the prem!

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 03 Feb 2009 11:27

Good news.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Great News Doyle Stays

by rg6royal » 03 Feb 2009 11:27

He was never going to go anyway.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 03 Feb 2009 11:28

Good news.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 03 Feb 2009 11:34

Hopefully they can all get on with playing the game to the best of their ability now. Although I'm really aiming this at Harper and Hunt, not Doyle. This team should have the ability to win the league so now all this transfer idiocy is over let's go out there and prove it.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 03 Feb 2009 11:39

Glad Doyle and Harper stayed but indifferent about Hunt given that he made it so publically clear that he wanted to leave. Lets hope he put it behind him and finds his best form, unlike Shorey last year who we'd have been better off letting go in January as his subsequent performances were poor.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 03 Feb 2009 11:51

bottom left hand corner possibly because Doyler never really had any rumours about him and for some reason harper has taken osters role last season

Hardly!! The impOSTER was exactly that, whereas Harper is a completely different class.

I suspect Harper will be one of those RFC players that will only be appreciated for what he brought to the team once he's gone.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 03 Feb 2009 11:55

hughsies no.1 despite a few dubious performances this season I definatley agree with you. Harps is a big piece of the reading jigsaw and we really would miss him if he left us!

A few dubios performances!!! Have you been to any away games, I would say he's put in a few decent performances.

QPR must be the final straw, it's time to give Marek a run.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 03 Feb 2009 12:03

strap
bottom left hand corner possibly because Doyler never really had any rumours about him and for some reason harper has taken osters role last season

Hardly!! The impOSTER was exactly that, whereas Harper is a completely different class.

I suspect Harper will be one of those RFC players that will only be appreciated for what he brought to the team once he's gone.

Im a massive fan of Harpers!

I mean't it as he has got the fans on his back like oster had last season but luckly not as bad as he always got booed, and harper just gets moaned about on HNA

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Feb 2009 12:09

Scarface
hughsies no.1 despite a few dubious performances this season I definatley agree with you. Harps is a big piece of the reading jigsaw and we really would miss him if he left us!

A few dubios performances!!! Have you been to any away games, I would say he's put in a few decent performances.

QPR must be the final straw, it's time to give Marek a run.

No Marek is crap.

Play Karacan or Tabb if anyone.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Feb 2009 12:20

I am yet to see Harper have a stinker, he's been quiet on occasions and he's in a less obviously influential and positive role this season, but he is very important to the way we play.

Of course no player is irreplaceable, but we'd struggle a great deal to replace Harper over more than a few games without changing the way we play. It's not just how he plays, but his whole attitude and personality. The impact he has on other players.

Last season when Murty was out we lacked organisation and leadership. This season Harper has stepped up and is always on top of the formation and positioning of the team. The right decisions may not always be made, but that may be down to Coppell's guidance as much as Harper's implementation. There is certainly no lack of direction from our captain.

Karacan has been said by a few (who I take note of) to be similar to Harper. He's not ready to take over just yet, but if we can get him some more pitch time and maybe another loan for 6 months next season he could be soon.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Feb 2009 12:23

Ian Royal I am yet to see Harper have a stinker, he's been quiet on occasions and he's in a less obviously influential and positive role this season, but he is very important to the way we play.

Of course no player is irreplaceable, but we'd struggle a great deal to replace Harper over more than a few games without changing the way we play. It's not just how he plays, but his whole attitude and personality. The impact he has on other players.

Last season when Murty was out we lacked organisation and leadership. This season Harper has stepped up and is always on top of the formation and positioning of the team. The right decisions may not always be made, but that may be down to Coppell's guidance as much as Harper's implementation. There is certainly no lack of direction from our captain.

Karacan has been said by a few (who I take note of) to be similar to Harper. He's not ready to take over just yet, but if we can get him some more pitch time and maybe another loan for 6 months next season he could be soon.

I only saw one game Karacan played this season - vs. Watford away. I was really impressed with him, energy, speed and went in for tackles. I think he can be a premier league player.

121 posts