Hob Nob Regular

Favourite current Reading player?

by Deathy » 03 Feb 2009 12:12

And why?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Favourite current Reading player?

by Archie's penalty » 03 Feb 2009 12:16

1. Doyler - He is just great. Great attitude, work rate, scores goals and just an overall nice guy.

2. Harps - attitude, energy and has given great service to the club.

3. Hunty - 100 % application which has made him a far greater player than he ever should have been - read Kevin Keegan.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 03 Feb 2009 12:18

Don't have a favourite RFC player.
Moved on.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 03 Feb 2009 12:22

Bikey. I'm infatuated with him.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Feb 2009 12:23

Harper - used to really frustrate me and I wasn't keen. But his attitude is second to none and his commitment and willingness to do the background, often thankless (from a fans perspective) job of organising and keeping the team ticking over is impressive.

Scored some great goals, and he just looks like he's enjoying himself so much. What being a professionl footballer is all about IMO.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Feb 2009 12:28

Kebe, even though I don't think he's that good, all three youngsters (sorry Kelly), and Bikey are my current favourites. Murty is probably my favourite overall but he's not playing. I think all six are pretty self explanitory.

gods a reading fan

by gods a reading fan » 03 Feb 2009 12:38

Kebe - may not always produce all the goods, but he's fun to watch. little used to be my favourite player, so when he left i was thinking kebe would be a bore so i'm pleasantly suprised.

Bikey - on his day he can contain any championship striker with little fuss, sometimes his temper gets the better of him but i think that just makes him more entertaining to watch.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 03 Feb 2009 12:40

Archie's penalty 1. Doyler - He is just great. Great attitude, work rate, scores goals and just an overall nice guy.

Agreed.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 03 Feb 2009 12:42

1. Doyler just an amazing buy 75k :shock: and he is now worth 5, 6, 7, 8m unbelievable

2. Hunty bags of energy, enjoyable to watch. Bounces straight up unlike any prem player when has been hacked. Another cheap buy and now worth 4 -5m

3. Tough
Think it might have to be Harper always rallies the team on what ever the score. He also gets on the score sheet.
And also has loyalty he could have gone to Feyenoord or who ever were interested in him the season before we went up to the prem. also he could have gone to Middlesbrough this transfer window.

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 03 Feb 2009 12:44

Bikey . No reason.

boy1985

by boy1985 » 03 Feb 2009 12:46

The Rouge
Archie's penalty 1. Doyler - He is just great. Great attitude, work rate, scores goals and just an overall nice guy.

Agreed.

+2

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Feb 2009 12:48

Bikey - he makes me gasp, laugh and tear my hair out at various times during most games I see him play but overall plays football with a smile on his face, despite being massively under-used imo, and cares passionately about the team winning.

Doyle - because he's hard as nails but a true gent, and has shown a degree of loyalty to the club that is unusual in this day and age. Plus he's a fine player of course.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 03 Feb 2009 12:52

ALOL @ anyone over the age of 10 that has a 'favourite player'

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 03 Feb 2009 12:54

Royal Rother Bikey - he makes me gasp, laugh and tear my hair out at various times during most games I see him play but overall plays football with a smile on his face, despite being massively under-used imo, and cares passionately about the team winning.

Doyle - because he's hard as nails but a true gent, and has shown a degree of loyalty to the club that is unusual in this day and age. Plus he's a fine player of course.

He said favourite, not favouriteS. Please choose.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Feb 2009 13:00

Alan Partridge ALOL @ anyone over the age of 10 that has a 'favourite player'

You WUM you.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 03 Feb 2009 13:03

Ingimarrsson - great attitude.

(2nd choice - Shane Long, really hope he makes it.)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Feb 2009 13:03

Great Knolly
Royal Rother Bikey - he makes me gasp, laugh and tear my hair out at various times during most games I see him play but overall plays football with a smile on his face, despite being massively under-used imo, and cares passionately about the team winning.

It's important to you is it? :lol:

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 03 Feb 2009 13:04

Royal Rother
Great Knolly

It's important to you is it? :lol:

It's the rules

Crowthorne Royal

by Crowthorne Royal » 03 Feb 2009 13:09

Me = Chris Armstrong - Has seamlessley fitted in for Shorey and is quite similar in lots of ways - Reliable, skilful, dependable and has started scoring too !

On behalf of Mick Gooding...

'Stephane Andre Bikey' surely ? :) :)

I will always be thankful for watching Glen Little in a Reading shirt - especially in the 106 season where he was immense. I was kinda hopeful we might get him back on loan....no such luck !

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Feb 2009 13:11

Alan Partridge ALOL @ anyone over the age of 10 that has a 'favourite player'

I agree, but at the same time I also watch some players and think "in 10 years time I'll really appreciate just how good they were" and for me, Kevin Doyle is one of those players

When the time comes for him to close his chapter at RFC, his subsequent replacement will barely be a close match to him...I certainly can't think of any other strikers in the same mould as him ?