Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Oi SHunt...

by Woodcote Royal » 05 Feb 2009 11:13

Alan Partridge
Woodcote Royal
Alan Partridge

Can promote yourself as much as you like but the problem being he just isn't that good at football. Always a slight hindrance. Not surprising no one came in with the £5million when you can get the likes of Kevin Nolan for £4million or Bullard for the same price.

What's the most anyone has spent on Glen "Wonder Goal" Little?

As far as I can see he scored 5 goals for us in 80 odd starts.........................which, all things being equal, places his skill set in front of goal somewhere below Adam Federici's.

On the other hand, Stephen "he just isn't very good at football" Hunt has already scored 7 this season. And, yes :roll: , we know some of them are from the spot but is it Hunty's fault that, apart from one nice chip down at Plymouth, Glen usually couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo so was always at the back of the queue for any pens?

However, there's no doubting Glen's prowess on the right wing and his delivery into the box but even here, who has more assists this season than Hunt and who cried like a baby on the one occasion he was asked to switch flanks (because his left foot isn't as good as Hunt's right)

As others have observed, you clearly don't like Hunt but that hardly excuses some of the nonsense you've written about him here. If Convey has so much more skill where the fcuk is he :roll:

Basically, Hahnemanns cr@p because he's got shorts arms and Hunty's cr@p because AP doesn't like him.

He doesn't offer as much to the team philosophy that is so important to the way Reading play, already stated, by me.

Dunno where you got the 'cried like a baby' bit about Little, fact remains that Little and Convey's extra bit of quality with a ball at their feet played a major part to 106 points and 99 goals. Injuries ruined the rest of their RFC careers, but in that 1 season when they were both fit and firing they were both superb, in Little's case that season he was the best player in the league.

What's the most anyone ever spent on Little? Think Burnley took him for a small fee, Palace or was it Man city rings a bell? bid well over £2million I think it was for him in his Burnley days but it was rejected.

What's the most anyone's spent on Hunt if you want to go down that road?

Here you go again :|

I've not said that Little had no quality; I'm taking issue with your total disregard for Hunt's.

I mentioned Little's value because you insist on tellling everyone that Hunt is not very good and no one would spend £5m on him when no one, as far as I know, has spent more than loose change in footballing terms on Glen Little.

Furthermore, despite Glen Little's undoubted ability as a winger, his goals/games ratio has invariably been p*ss poor wheras Hunt's assists this season put's him in the same league as Glen whilst hitting the back of the net 7 times.

Convey, as much as I like him, was found wanting at the top level whereas as Hunt more than held his own..........................and that says everything about why Hunt is our only player with a "get out" in his contract and your perception of quality remains highly suspect.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 05 Feb 2009 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

BarryWhiteRFC

Re: STEPHEN HUNT - IS HIS TIME UP?

by BarryWhiteRFC » 05 Feb 2009 11:16

Snowball Mention of Glen Little reminds me of an "issue" with RFC

When it goes well, the fast passing, the flicks, the energy is great,
but when it DOESN'T go well and other sides pick the ball up, hold it,
we look in trouble.

One thing about Little was you could give him the ball for a breather

We have nobody who can just HOLD the damn ball and sometimes you need that

Quite, his skill put the fear of God into defenders in this division and they would stand off him giving the team time to re-organise. Good point well made.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 05 Feb 2009 14:28

Snowball
we look in trouble.

In a lot of games it's been quite easy for us to get a breather - you just let the other team have the ball and they'll pass it around in midfield for 5 mins and then when we're feeling fresh we just take it back off them.

Our back 4 is pretty solid and it's been a consistent pattern that teams have fannyed around in midfield without us having to really work hard to defend our goal, and inevitably they make a mistake and we regain it.

However I do agree that Little was a joy to have as part of the team and would love a player of his class again.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 05 Feb 2009 17:21

Alan Partridge
The whole year inn I'm sorry, but :lol: and :shock: at moaning that goals scored by a player are not good enough

I honestly could not give a shit how a RFC player legally chooses to put the ball into the opposition goal. Utterly absurd point

It wasn't a 'moan'or a point, just an observation that I personally can't remember a really good goal from the bloke, that's it.

and that clouds your judgement of his goals and assists this season why exactly? 7 goals, 16 odd assists for Hunt isnt it? Numbers dont lie

Put that can of Special Brew down and watch him have a superb game against Preston

Cemy Junction Expat

by Cemy Junction Expat » 06 Feb 2009 00:06

and lets not forget that he did cast the Ring of Power back into the fiery pit where it was forged, after all

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 07 Feb 2009 14:03

Cemy Junction Expat and lets not forget that he did cast the Ring of Power back into the fiery pit where it was forged, after all

I think you'll find that he wouldn't have managed it if he hadn't been blatantly fouled by Gollum (what club is he with now?).

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Feb 2009 15:26

Elm Park Old Boy
Cemy Junction Expat and lets not forget that he did cast the Ring of Power back into the fiery pit where it was forged, after all

I think you'll find that he wouldn't have managed it if he hadn't been blatantly fouled by Gollum (what club is he with now?).

Managing Everton I believe.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Feb 2009 18:04

I haven't read all 42 pages, but is it correct that it was stated in the press that Hunt was offered this contract on Jan 1, but he decided to wait until after the window closed before he put pen to paper? Nice to see some loyalty there. :roll:

He had another below average game today.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Feb 2009 18:07

BarryWhiteRFC
Snowball Mention of Glen Little reminds me of an "issue" with RFC

we look in trouble.

One thing about Little was you could give him the ball for a breather

We have nobody who can just HOLD the damn ball and sometimes you need that

Quite, his skill put the fear of God into defenders in this division and they would stand off him giving the team time to re-organise. Good point well made.

Cheers, is that a first?

Personally I think Little not being there was why we went down last year.

We never had that chance of a breather

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Feb 2009 18:10

Sun Tzu

However I do agree that Little was a joy to have as part of the team and would love a player of his class again.

It's not just class or no class but style. As another poster said, defenders backed off and he could control the time a little.

Kebe has shown brilliance at times, but the idea of him really slowing the game down out there on the wing? Nah.

831 posts