Vote for Doyle!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The Football League Awards

by SCIAG » 05 Feb 2009 16:18

moo
moo
SCIAG Remember a few years ago when we fixed the Barclays Player of the Month? Peter Mate ran away with it and Oliver Bozanic came second iirc. :lol: :

Prove it

PROOOOOOVE IT :arrow:

Thread from some years back, somebody worked out how we could vote multiple times. I voted a few times but I was a viewer rather than a poster then.

Proof? The award is no longer voted on by fans.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 05 Feb 2009 16:28

Doyle

Mr. Reading

by Mr. Reading » 06 Feb 2009 12:04

SCIAG Remember a few years ago when we fixed the Barclays Player of the Month?

Did Barclays sponsor the championship back then?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 Feb 2009 20:05

Mr. Reading

Two years back, when we were in the PL. I thought the "Peter Mate won it" part would make that obvious?

Mr. Reading

by Mr. Reading » 06 Feb 2009 22:05

SCIAG
Mr. Reading

Two years back, when we were in the PL. I thought the "Peter Mate won it" part would make that obvious?

The words "a few years ago" coupled with "Peter Mate won it" made me realise you were talking complete bs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Premier ... E2.80.9307

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Feb 2009 12:43

Mr. Reading
SCIAG Two years back, when we were in the PL. I thought the "Peter Mate won it" part would make that obvious?

The words "a few years ago" coupled with "Peter Mate won it" made me realise you were talking complete bs:

That article fails to acknowledge that the award is no longer voted on by the general public. It was back then, we got five Reading players in the top five and Mate in the top one. Barclays/the FA/whoever noticed that Mate hadn't made an appearance and gave it to somebody else. HTH.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 07 Feb 2009 14:47

Mate in the top one

:lol:

Mr. Reading

by Mr. Reading » 07 Feb 2009 18:15

SCIAG
Mr. Reading
SCIAG Two years back, when we were in the PL. I thought the "Peter Mate won it" part would make that obvious?

That article fails to acknowledge that the award is no longer voted on by the general public. It was back then, we got five Reading players in the top five and Mate in the top one. Barclays/the FA/whoever noticed that Mate hadn't made an appearance and gave it to somebody else. HTH.

Sorry, no; doesn't help at all. Where's the newspaper report, HNA thread etc.?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Feb 2009 08:52

Mr. Reading
SCIAG That article fails to acknowledge that the award is no longer voted on by the general public. It was back then, we got five Reading players in the top five and Mate in the top one. Barclays/the FA/whoever noticed that Mate hadn't made an appearance and gave it to somebody else. HTH.

Sorry, no; doesn't help at all. Where's the newspaper report, HNA thread etc.?

I've been trawling through the back pages of HNA? for it. If I don't find it then it was probably on the our 606 forum, which I think deletes threads pretty regularly. If I don't find it then I have no proof. Suppose I could register on 606 and ask them if they remember it.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Feb 2009 10:50

Mr. Reading

by Mr. Reading » 08 Feb 2009 13:00

SCIAG http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56155&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

That will do. :lol:

Edit: As will this

And viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57666&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Sorry, I couldn't be bothered to trawl through all the pages, but did any of those links mention the Barclays player of the month award, or Peter Mate?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Feb 2009 14:49

Mr. Reading

Sorry, I couldn't be bothered to trawl through all the pages, but did any of those links mention the Barclays player of the month award, or Peter Mate?

No, but the principle applies- three times in a few months, our players won awards due to our mass voting (della and Sidwell winning goal of the week, Federici winning player of the round). Look, I'm not making stuff up, I simply wouldn't see the point. I distinctly remember the voting- there was one drop down where you selected a side, then that activated another drop down where every player was listed. Initially Mate was second bottom as it was ranked by squad number, but then Bozanic, who hadn't been given a squad number, was moved to the top. Some bright spark said "let's do what they want, vote Bozanic!" but he didn't get above Mate. Whoever was in charge of the award saw sense and gave it to somebody more deserving.

If you don't believe me, fine. I won't be in the dock over this. I know what happened, and I don't really care whether a few users on an internet forum don't believe me.

Alivey

Re: Vote for Doyle!

by Alivey » 08 Feb 2009 14:56

Mr. Reading

by Mr. Reading » 08 Feb 2009 14:56

Fair enough if you know it happened. Just would have been interested to see any sort of response from the Premier League!

I think Fedders and Sidwell would have won those awards anyway, but was good work by the Reading fans to get DLC's goal to the top!

Mr. Reading

by Mr. Reading » 08 Feb 2009 14:59

Alivey http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57196&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

:?:

That's better :)

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 08 Feb 2009 15:31

SCIAG
Mr. Reading

No, but the principle applies- three times in a few months, our players won awards due to our mass voting (della and Sidwell winning goal of the week, Federici winning player of the round). Look, I'm not making stuff up, I simply wouldn't see the point. I distinctly remember the voting- there was one drop down where you selected a side, then that activated another drop down where every player was listed. Initially Mate was second bottom as it was ranked by squad number, but then Bozanic, who hadn't been given a squad number, was moved to the top. Some bright spark said "let's do what they want, vote Bozanic!" but he didn't get above Mate. Whoever was in charge of the award saw sense and gave it to somebody more deserving.

If you don't believe me, fine. I won't be in the dock over this. I know what happened, and I don't really care whether a few users on an internet forum don't believe me.

Lol calm down. If it means anything, i believe you :D