Back from the Preston game

190 posts
Thou Voice

Re: Back from the game

by Thou Voice » 07 Feb 2009 18:52

It frustrates the hell out of us supporters. Marek coming on actually showed a bit of class amongst the dross. If you look out at the team, and were not a Reading supporter, you'd also be hard pushed to tell who was the captain.

...look at it this way, he was that BAD he was subbed.

How many games do you see the TEAM CAPTAIN subbed when it's not an injury based sub or he's being saved for a bigger match.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 07 Feb 2009 18:52

Greatwesternline Coppel has said on the OS that he was dissapointed with the Ref stop-starting the game

Indeed. He should have just stopped it and saved us 2 hours of boredom.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Feb 2009 18:56

A pretty dull affair. We spent the most boring parts trying to think up commentary puns for Parkin:

That's a heavy challenge from Parkin.
Are you sure he's not called Pie King, rather than Parkin?
Preston are asking Parkin to drop into the hole but, to be honest, I'm not sure the hole is big enough.
Parkin needed to put a bit more weight onto that pass.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 07 Feb 2009 19:04

Rosenior is overrated and Kebe is no Glen Little.

That is all I have to say...............

West Sussex Royal

by West Sussex Royal » 07 Feb 2009 19:11

It's not that bad - We have played most of the top sides twice now and have not got a bad run in.

Still think Birmingham & Wolves are main threat - Cardill have a lot of games to play and do not have stregth in depth so will fall away.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 07 Feb 2009 19:11

FiNeRaIn Same old im afraid, the bubble really has burst.
We haven't put a dominating performance in at home for months, excluding watford as the scoreline didn't reflect the game.
We have no pace, tempo, fluidity or rhythm anymore. Our midfield was abysmal until marek came on. Harper was the best of a bad bunch in there so suprised he was dragged off.

Federici 6- Solid, good distrubtion, no qualms.
Rosenior 6- Not helped by kebe but well below par in every aspect
Pearce 8- A rock, sensible headers and passes and looks very mature, great prospect. Man of the match.
Doobs- 6- Defended well but distrubtion of ball was sunday league as usual
Armstrong 5 - Didn't put a foot wrong defensively but is awful going forward, rubbish crosser of the ball and can't pass.
Harper 6- Best of the midfield but needs to be more ambitious going forward
Cisse 5- Gave the ball away a lot and wasn't dominating enough
Kebe 4- Woeful, one good game in 4, crossing and control wasn't good enough.
Hunt-4- Left wing version of kebe but with better control
Lita- 7- Did well, worked the hardest in the team today, encouraged by his attitude.
Doyle-6- Took a knock and it shook him, looked very slow both mentally and physically second half.

Nice to see January's investment in the squad making an impact, oh wait, neither on the bench.

HARPER 6??? YOU OBVIOUSLY WATCHED THE GAME ON BBRB!!!!! - Coppell takes off Captain!

The bloke was , for the umpteenth time this season, absolute dross - he's supposedly, the captain and his captain's performance was on a par with the captain of the Titanic -- he is so over-rated and he is the link that could see us not getting promoted this season - get him out, give the captaincy to Doyle and get Marek in ...before its too late....waiting now for the RTGs to scramble to their keyboards

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 07 Feb 2009 19:12

West Sussex Royal It's not that bad - We have played most of the top sides twice now and have not got a bad run in.

Still think Birmingham & Wolves are main threat - Cardill have a lot of games to play and do not have stregth in depth so will fall away.

The 'f' and the 'l' are miFOFes apart!

OzBiscuit2004
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by OzBiscuit2004 » 07 Feb 2009 19:13

Row Z Royal
West Sussex Royal It's not that bad - We have played most of the top sides twice now and have not got a bad run in.

The 'f' and the 'l' are miFOFes apart!

FOF :lol:

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 07 Feb 2009 19:14

How many cautions has Marek picked up?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 07 Feb 2009 19:15

RoyalBlue A pretty dull affair. We spent the most boring parts trying to think up commentary puns for Parkin:

Preston are asking Parkin to drop into the hole but, to be honest, I'm not sure the hole is big enough.

Christ, you were bored weren't you?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 07 Feb 2009 19:16

Schards#2 Franchise, those that don't go to the game are entitled to an opinion but IMHO it's not worth a lot.

Unless, according to your goodself, the full 90 minutes are on sky, in which case our opinions are actually worth MORE than those that went to the game.

But as it wasn't I'm not offering any opinions on the game, more an observation at the sheer delight in which some supporters view a 0-0 draw against a decent team who beat the Championship leaders 3-1 at Molineux a few weeks back. I can almost feel the happiness exuding from their keyboards as they type. As I said, it's just an observation.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 07 Feb 2009 19:17

glass half full How many cautions has Marek picked up?

2 on the OS stats: http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/Injurie ... 06,00.html +the one today.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 07 Feb 2009 19:19

Royal With Cheese
Schards#2 Franchise, those that don't go to the game are entitled to an opinion but IMHO it's not worth a lot.

Unless, according to your goodself, the full 90 minutes are on sky, in which case our opinions are actually worth MORE than those that went to the game.

But as it wasn't I'm not offering any opinions on the game, more an observation at the sheer delight in which some supporters view a 0-0 draw against a decent team who beat the Championship leaders 3-1 at Molineux a few weeks back. I can almost feel the happiness exuding from their keyboards as they type. As I said, it's just an observation.

Why are you on this thread?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 07 Feb 2009 19:20

Schards#2
Royal With Cheese

Why are you on this thread?

The same reason you are posing on the Preston match Thread - a thread designed specifically for people who can't get to the games to comment on.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 07 Feb 2009 19:22

To give worthwhile opinions.

You haven't answered my question.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 07 Feb 2009 19:23

I've changed my original post as I thought it was a knee jerk reaction. Therefore your answer does not make sense.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 07 Feb 2009 19:26

Royal With Cheese I've changed my original post as I thought it was a knee jerk reaction. Therefore your answer does not make sense.

Well done. Any chance of restricting your ill informed, second hand bilge to the one thread?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 07 Feb 2009 19:26

Row Z Royal
glass half full How many cautions has Marek picked up?

2 on the OS stats: http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/Injurie ... 06,00.html +the one today.

Thanks for that. He has to be a bit careful, then.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Feb 2009 19:30

Norfolk Royal
RoyalBlue A pretty dull affair. We spent the most boring parts trying to think up commentary puns for Parkin:

Christ, you were bored weren't you?

Yes. Poor though they might be, they still gave us more entertainment than a lot of what was on the pitch - apart from Parkin of course!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 07 Feb 2009 19:37

Royal Lady Marek coming on actually showed a bit of class amongst the dross.

I beg to differ. He showed that he can deliver a quality pass if given time and space by the opposition and that he hasn't got the strength on the ball to make that space and time very often. Sad, but true. I'd love to see him succeed as he clearly has something but we haven't seen it very often.

190 posts