To the East Stand: please stop 'supporting' my club

163 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

To the East Stand: please stop 'supporting' my club

by Millsy » 21 Feb 2009 18:03

This is coming across angry because I think I've not taken today's defeat and dire performance well and I'll probably regret the tone later when I'm a bit calmer.

But I'm glad I'm angry enough to come out with what I've felt for many years:

TO THE EAST STAND

IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO SING, CHANT, AND SUPPORT our club like we used to before we became infiltrated with plastic glory hunting pathetic excuses of Reading fans... then please kindly f*ck off and stop turning up.

It's games like this where the fans would've made all the difference and East Stand was SILENT the WHOLE GAME (except for when the ref made a howler). And in this game the usual stupid excuse of "the team has to give us something to chant for" is not applicable as we started off outplaying them but were still silent. And just a reminder: back in the pre-plastic days we still kept up the chanting even when we watching the likes of Gurney, Bodin, Brayson and on the verge of being relegated to Tier 4. Because we were Reading through and through. We were player 13, not silent spectators.

We'll never have the Southbank atmosphere but we sure as hell (when I used to be a chantstarter at least) used to support our boys game in game out at the Madstad in the past and there is no excuse not to now.

EAST STAND = DISGRACE

Some players let us down today, but not as much as you did.

WE DO NOT DESERVE TO BE ANYWHERE NEAR THE TOP OF THE TABLE WITH THE SUPPORT WE HAVE

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: To the East Stand: please stop 'supporting' my club

by floyd__streete » 21 Feb 2009 18:06

2 world wars, 1 world cup It's games like this where the fans would've made all the difference

Utter utter utter utter utter utter utter B*LLOCKS.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 21 Feb 2009 18:07

Sounds a fair comment in all honesty.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 21 Feb 2009 18:07

:lol: :shock:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Feb 2009 18:10

2 world wars, 1 world cup And just a reminder: back in the pre-plastic days we still kept up the chanting even when we watching the likes of Gurney, Bodin, Brayson

And that bit was b*llocks too. And you know it. Take the RTG's off.

Disappointing thread from a normally excellent contributor.
Last edited by floyd__streete on 21 Feb 2009 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Feb 2009 18:10

The 17 Bus Sounds a fair comment in all honesty.

The team got support from the fans for the first part of the game but completely failed to respond. It's very difficult to keep the support going when so many of the players look like they can't be bothered and/or are playing like Sunday pub players!

And just how did we start off by outplaying them?!! Only Steve Coppell and his management team can have seen the game that way, hence waiting until we were 2-0 down and out before changing anything!!

Alivey

by Alivey » 21 Feb 2009 18:13

I suggested that the club print the chants into the programmes and also have pages of masks that you can rip out of your favourite players but it looks like the powers to be decided that the current atmosphere is sufficient.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 21 Feb 2009 18:32

The team were rocked for the first 10 minutes. We never looked like playing any part in the game, BC were frankly taking the proverbial at the end. The support couldn't comprehend such a turnaround after the away game. The team looked apathetic, didn't chase the ball / players/ string passes together/ played too much in the air/ certain RFC players tempers frayed, mugged off the ball too easily / lightweigh on the ground / in the air/ and played how BC wanted us to play.

It's no real surprise the support were stunned into silence.

Booing the team despite the expectation and anticipation of a result is disgusting.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Feb 2009 18:38

Am I right in thinking we only picked up one yellow card today and that was for dissent?

I'm not advocating that we become a kicking/clogging team but I would have expected that in a game like today we would have picked up at least one yellow for an 'over meaty' challenge had our team cared and put as much passion, fight and pace into their performance as Bristol did.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Feb 2009 18:44

Did we even get one yellow card? I know Harper was spoken to but was he actually booked?

A player would have needed to have taken someone's head off to get booked with today's ref - the first scorer wasn't even booked for going into the crowd and that's a mandatory yellow card. It was only the cynical hacking down of Kebe at the end that got a card, though.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Feb 2009 18:47

Ref definitely waved a yellow card after talking to Harper, but I didn't see him write his name down!

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 21 Feb 2009 18:50

i couldnt agree with you more, at home and away games
most people go to away games for the atmosphere but still it is crap and so is our support, its so embarassing when clubs like bristol city come down and see how quiet we are!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Feb 2009 18:54

floyd__streete
2 world wars, 1 world cup And just a reminder: back in the pre-plastic days we still kept up the chanting even when we watching the likes of Gurney, Bodin, Brayson

And that bit was b*llocks too. And you know it. Take the RTG's off.

Disappointing thread from a normally excellent contributor.

Thanks for your kind words. Reminds me it's never personal. If anger ever makes me have a go at you feel free to remind me to calm down. Your contributions are normally excellent too.

But with respect I'm talking with a lot of experience.

I should know because I used to start the chants and I, along with many others in the middle (or 'right side' as we were bizarrely called) of East stand, would get the crowd chanting however we were playing. That's why I'm so upset about it.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Feb 2009 18:55

And did you try and start a chant today?

Joe 90

by Joe 90 » 21 Feb 2009 19:04

The whole East Stand thing is crap anyhow. The club needs to make the North Stand the chanting/singing end. It would concentrate the noisier fans in one place and make it a lot easier for chants and songs to catch on. As it stands at the moment the North Stand and East Stands often chant/sing different from each other.

This would also place the families and silent types away from the more boisterous fans which will go down well with the club. It would also put distance between the home and away support which would make the club happy as well.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 21 Feb 2009 19:09

probably right Joe, it might also mean that the safety gate could be removed, as the silent fans in the east would not be looking to confront the away fans, and the homers from the North would have the same distance to walk either way.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 21 Feb 2009 19:13

Joe 90 The whole East Stand thing is crap anyhow. The club needs to make the North Stand the chanting/singing end.

Thank You.

ive being saying that ever since we moved but the gay plastic mongers that populate Y25 will tell you how amazing their support is already.

BallRoyal

by BallRoyal » 21 Feb 2009 19:31

You're having a real laugh mate, when Reading were outplaying, which bloody game you go to.
I drove all the way from Bristol among the Shitheads, took loads of abuse from them, and saw one of the worst displays of football for ages. Then I get some crap off a tit like you .
I've been a Reading fan for 40yrs my son, I pay my money, Isat in the East Stand, and I booed,
What the f are you going to do about it. PRRRRRICK.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 21 Feb 2009 19:36

The Reading support always reflects what's happening on the pitch. Today we weren't so good. The team wasn't good, the support wasn't good and the fact that the away support sang their little 4,000 hearts out......well it's been stated on here before that teams who come to Reading, and win, think they've won a Cup Final.

Plus, as we all know, the acoustics are set up for the ends of the ground. As for the songsters all going to the North Stand?? Nah,as mebruv always says "we've got to see the whites of the opposition's eyes". So it's got to be East Stand all the way.

I trust Copps has finally seen the light and will make the relevant changes for the Robin Hood Rangers. Mind you, wouldn't Tyson just love to make a point or two? Maybe three if we play like we did today. :wink:

boyal royal

by boyal royal » 21 Feb 2009 19:39

idiot, the team were shit east stand irrelevant

163 posts