Why Lita Doesn't Work

248 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Why Lita Doesn't Work

by Snowball » 25 Feb 2009 23:11

Ian Royal Let me get this straight. Your examples of Hunt playing really well recently are an own goal by a Wolves player, a miss he should have put away, a good pass that didn't result in a goal, a free kick that was saved, and header that was saved. In one game. I don't even need to put up a counter argument to that pathetic effort.

You're HILARIOUS. There's Lita getting praised for running around a lot and scoring once every fourteen shots and once a season, then Noel scored 11 goals in a half season, a goal every 3.8 shots, has been knocked out 2-3 times for his sheer guts, scored a brilliant goal away at Birmingham to put us on the road to the win that finally got us above Birmingham whose home record prior to the game was 9-0-2...

And it's his effort forces the OG that gives us the win against league-leaders Wolves, in between he scores against Watford and is sacrificed for Matejovsky to come on to make the fifth midfielder at Swansea.

The guy has guts and passion and a fantastic work-rate, scores goals almost at 1 every 2 games, makes chances for others and has 2 assists (3 if you consider his part in the OG) (Lita has zero)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 Feb 2009 23:12

Ian Royal Let me get this straight. Your examples of Hunt playing really well recently are an own goal by a Wolves player, a miss he should have put away, a good pass that didn't result in a goal, a free kick that was saved, and header that was saved. In one game. I don't even need to put up a counter argument to that pathetic effort.

Funny how you missed this bit

This was the last game where his efforts produced the winner, plus he scored v Watford, scored at Birmingham

you're a sad case

Fezza

by Fezza » 25 Feb 2009 23:15

How many goals has AFed scored per games played this season? If he played a full season how many could we then expect from him?

Also assists?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Feb 2009 23:29

Snowball

Funny how you missed this bit

This was the last game where his efforts produced the winner, plus he scored v Watford, scored at Birmingham

you're a sad case

Birmingham waspre Xmas!

It may have slipped your attention, but I didn't say he was playing badly. Just he wasn't playing fantastically. Therefore, enforced absence and replacement comes in and seems to be playing fairly well to start with = stick with the replacement for a few games.

Lita has still not scored and had poor finishing in the last game = either out for Forest, or on his last chance for this run.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Feb 2009 23:31

Fezza How many goals has AFed scored per games played this season? If he played a full season how many could we then expect from him?

Also assists?

goals per minute outside our penalty area. Must be about 1 every 10 minutes.

GET HIM UP FRONT NOW COPPELL!!!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Feb 2009 00:10

Ian Royal Birmingham waspre Xmas! It may have slipped your attention, but I didn't say he was playing badly. Just he wasn't playing fantastically. Therefore, enforced absence and replacement comes in and seems to be playing fairly well to start with = stick with the replacement for a few games.

The Birmingham game is in there because it should be.

3-1 W (Played 27 minutes) A Birmingham SCORED
1-1 D (Played 63 minutes) H Cardiff City
1-1 D (Played 11 minutes) A Southampton Came on as 79th minute sub, we scored 84th minute
4-0 W (Played 76 minutes) H Watford SCORED
0-2 L (Played 62 minutes) A Swansea City Sacrificed for Matejovsky to make 5-man MF
1-0 W (Played 80 minutes) H Wolves Forced OG

Played 329 minutes = 3.65 games, scored two goals, forced the crucial OG against Wolves and standing ovation

What more should a striker do than score a goal every couple of games, force a third goal.

In striking terms that is very good play and certainly doesn't warrant being dropped.

Hunt's strike rate is better than Lita's BEST season, a season that is a long time ago

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 26 Feb 2009 08:32

I thought NHunt was looking jaded before being replaced by Lita; that change needs to be reversed now as NHunt has had a rest and as Lita isn't delivering.

Tommy Youlden's Ears

by Tommy Youlden's Ears » 26 Feb 2009 11:09

Mr Angry I thought NHunt was looking jaded before being replaced by Lita; that change needs to be reversed now as NHunt has had a rest and as Lita isn't delivering.

It's the wingers who aren't delivering. Michael Owen in his pomp would struggle in our team in recent weeks. Same old same old, a) we've been sussed, b) the wingers have lost form & c) there's no alternative plan to wing play. Bickering about which centre forward is least well equipped to feed off scraps is entertaining but pointless.

I reckon that if we start creating, then either NH or LL are good enough to convert them in this league. It's the system, the moribund centre-mids and the wingers' form wot matter.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 26 Feb 2009 11:20

Tommy Youlden's Ears
Mr Angry I thought NHunt was looking jaded before being replaced by Lita; that change needs to be reversed now as NHunt has had a rest and as Lita isn't delivering.

It's the wingers who aren't delivering. Michael Owen in his pomp would struggle in our team in recent weeks. Same old same old, a) we've been sussed, b) the wingers have lost form & c) there's no alternative plan to wing play. Bickering about which centre forward is least well equipped to feed off scraps is entertaining but pointless.

I reckon that if we start creating, then either NH or LL are good enough to convert them in this league. It's the system, the moribund centre-mids and the wingers' form wot matter.

Agreed TYE, and in other threads I have expressed why I think that is, but IMHO, I thought NHunt was looking a bit jaded, whereas Lita had come back looking very lively, so I can quite understand why Coppell made he change.

I also agree 100% that we need to employ an alternative to the style of play that we have employed for the whole of the season and which, though succesful for the first half of the season has been so unsuccesful thus far in the second half. Ironically, by changing the tactics, Lita MAY be more effective; however, I would be surprised if NHunt isn't in the starting 11 on Saturday regardless of the tactics employed on the day.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 26 Feb 2009 12:10

Unfortunately I'm expecting Leroy to be given at least one more chance.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Feb 2009 12:15

argh!

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 26 Feb 2009 12:23

Man Friday Unfortunately I'm expecting Leroy to be given at least one more chance.

No chance. Noel Hunt will be starting on Saturday.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Feb 2009 13:18

Snowball
CMRoyal
Shane had a purple patch this season, but recently his control has started letting him down again.

38 league minutes in 2009

Speaks volumes doesn't it....

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 26 Feb 2009 13:34

Tommy Youlden's Ears

This is a really valid point. You can add to this the poor distribution of the centre backs who simply hoof it up field most of the time time.How many headers did Doyle and Lita win last Saturday from aimless balls punted forwards? We are really missing Ingimarrson who distributes the ball really well and Bikey's distribution must be better than the current two CBs.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 26 Feb 2009 13:39

Tilehurst Mike
Tommy Youlden's Ears

This is a really valid point. You can add to this the poor distribution of the centre backs who simply hoof it up field most of the time time.How many headers did Doyle and Lita win last Saturday from aimless balls punted forwards? We are really missing Ingimarrson who distributes the ball really well and Bikey's distribution must be better than the current two CBs.

Whilst I am a big fan of Ingimarsson, I must say that before his injury his distribution was equally as poor. He had been the better of the two with Sonko or Doobs but in recent weeks it had been really poor.

It's ok having defenders who aren't great as long as you have an Adebola or Burgess or someonelike that up top, who is 6'3 probably 14 stone and is your target man. If you are launching balls up to two strikers well under 6ft tall up against 6ft+ centre halves, there is only one winner.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 26 Feb 2009 13:45

Snowball
CMRoyal
Shane had a purple patch this season, but recently his control has started letting him down again.

I meant recently as in 'his most recent appearances'.

There's a point at which cold logic tips over into borderline autism...

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Feb 2009 15:32

CMRoyal
Snowball
CMRoyal

I meant recently as in 'his most recent appearances'.

There's a point at which cold logic tips over into borderline autism...

What does "his most recent appearances" MEAN then?

He got the crucial goal away to SAINTS when the whole team was off-colour.

He played well at Birmingham and won the free-kick for Doyle's goal

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Feb 2009 15:34

Stranded
Snowball
CMRoyal

Speaks volumes doesn't it....

Not really. Doyle and Hunt are a great partnership,
Lita gets a few goals at Norwich and "is a changed man"
so gets his chance and blows it.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 26 Feb 2009 18:13

Lita's hummer also wasn't working this afternoon as i drove past his house after training

Poor AA man did not have a clue

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Feb 2009 18:56

Snowball
Ian Royal Birmingham waspre Xmas! It may have slipped your attention, but I didn't say he was playing badly. Just he wasn't playing fantastically. Therefore, enforced absence and replacement comes in and seems to be playing fairly well to start with = stick with the replacement for a few games.

The Birmingham game is in there because it should be.

Played 329 minutes = 3.65 games, scored two goals, forced the crucial OG against Wolves and standing ovation
What more should a striker do than score a goal every couple of games, force a third goal.
In striking terms that is very good play and certainly doesn't warrant being dropped.
Hunt's strike rate is better than Lita's BEST season, a season that is a long time ago

Lita had a standing ovation when he came on in the Watford game where he scored. Does that mean he's playing fantastically?

"Because it should" is hardly a good reason to include a game that occured 2 months and 10 games ago, which just happens to include a a goal from the player you are saying has been fantastic recently.

Regardless of whether you include B'ham or not, Hunt not immediately coming back into the team makes perfect sense. Hindsight suggests that maybe he should have as Lita is currently wasting more opportunities to prove himself again, but the decisions made at the time were quite possibly the best one with the available information.

248 posts