Coppell out!

532 posts
West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Coppell out!

by West Stand Man » 28 Feb 2009 14:34

Sun Tzu
Woodcote Royal Just to repeat

10 goal Hunt was dropped for one goal Lita.................fact.

I thought you were old enough to realise that putting '.......fact' after something that is wrong doesn't make it so.

Even our OS lists Leroy has having 8 goals.

You may Snowball look logical in his use of figures !!

The official government sources say that we have a strong economy - but it isn't true. The fact is that LL has one goal for us this year. You can argue to the death about whether he might have scored some more had he not been at Charlton and had been given a run in the 1st team here - but he didn't and he wasn't.

It is also arguable whether Hunt was dropped or had to be rested due to a culmination of injuries - but that is a totally separate discussion.

I do love the vitriol thrown at Snowball. Like many people who bring stats into the argument he (?) is slated for doing so, yet his numbers are all accurate. The issue is not whether the stats are true but more about whether some of them really support the case that they are being used to present. Those who claim stats as gospel to be obeyed are not looking at the whole situation (which is usually the case with stats addicts) but those who say that they are totally irrelevant are also off the mark by a long way. A well prepared set of stats can be used to demonstrate either side of a good argument if they are utilised properly.

For instance, the stats on our defence with and with Bikey could be saying that Bikey must start, or that even with him t is not good enough and that something should be done to improve the overall defence. (I could probably find other things that are justiied by the stats. What is inescapable is that the stats are there and are not Snowball's invention - so don't shoot the messenger.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 28 Feb 2009 15:22

As one who said Lita should never start for RFC after refusing a £1.2m move to Sheff I would not put myself in his fan club, however blaming him for the total failure to score is hardly fair, how many has Doyle got in the aforementioned games??

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 28 Feb 2009 16:58

Disaster result.
Forest should not have won.
oxf*rd.

Alivey

by Alivey » 28 Feb 2009 17:00

Our saviour Noel failed to deliever.

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 28 Feb 2009 17:09

Looks like the golden era is drawing to a rapid conclusion, but whatever the outcome of this season, I think it is a safe bet that Coppell will not be here for the next. The play-offs remain a possibility, for now, but given our record in such events, it is highly likely that Championship football beckons once more. We have very little to loose, so a change now may well enable us to start next season with a positive attitude and at least the nucleus of a new squad.

Personally I think Coppell should do the honourable thing and quit now rather than in May as he has to take most of the responsibility for the current free-fall situation. We have been ineffective for months, there is obviously something deeply amiss behind the scenes and given the undoubted quality of many of our players, we should be playing a far higher standard of football. Can a man who sets such a high standard for others live with his current level of performance? I for one doubt it.

Fezza

by Fezza » 28 Feb 2009 17:14

F*cking appalling management surely they have worked on how to play against 451?

Doesn't matter who they drop the problem still seems to be one of tactics, which were once again utterly paniced this afternoon. Yes a good first half, but, Doyle once again seems to be going through a barn door and banjo based issue.

Mr Mad grow some balls and ditch Captain Charisma.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 28 Feb 2009 17:15

Which players are these quality ones??

gav2085

RE: Coppell out

by gav2085 » 28 Feb 2009 18:10

do you think steve should go? will he be sacked? after todays game with forrest it just seems like he is just comming up with excuses now, thing is, we are playing well at times but cannot find the net. Ok i may be alone on this but i personally am wondering weather a new face will bring good things?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: RE: Coppell out

by John Madejski's Wallet » 28 Feb 2009 18:11

Oh do f*ck off and take this stupid thread with you :roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Feb 2009 18:12

Which new face would you put in his place then? We have 13 games left and only an ability to loan players - hardly time for anyone else to come in and make their mark.

I voted no. SSC is the best man for the job and the best manager we've ever had. I think he'll go at the end of the season and I think that will be our further downfall.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 28 Feb 2009 18:14

John Madejski's Wallet Oh do f*ck off and take this stupid thread with you :roll:

'greed

gav2085

by gav2085 » 28 Feb 2009 18:14

John Madejski's Wallet Oh do f*ck off and take this stupid thread with you :roll:
i am so sorry you feel like that, i simply have an opinion and am asking for others opinions, not foul and abusive language.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 28 Feb 2009 18:18

Royal Lady Which new face would you put in his place then? We have 13 games left and only an ability to loan players - hardly time for anyone else to come in and make their mark.

I voted no. SSC is the best man for the job and the best manager we've ever had. I think he'll go at the end of the season and I think that will be our further downfall.
Agreed. When Coppell leaves people will realise what a great manager he is after a few months.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 28 Feb 2009 18:20

Coppell to stay. That is all. There is no alternative.

gav2085

by gav2085 » 28 Feb 2009 18:20

yeah you can agree i was simply asking for opinions not to be told to f*ck off

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 28 Feb 2009 18:22

Anybody that thinks sacking Coppell now would be a good thing is an oxf*rd idiot.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 28 Feb 2009 18:24

Arnie_Pie Anybody that thinks sacking Coppell now would be a good thing is an oxf*rd idiot.

'greed

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 28 Feb 2009 18:39

I voted undecided.
He's been great in the past, but recently he seems to have made multiple excuses for losing, and it's quite clear he can't get his team confident again;
clearly not something he learnt from Fergie.
If he can't turn us around soon, I don't see how he's going to stay.
He'll know he can't do the job by the end of the season, and if he decides its time to go then he'll be right.
If, however, he does manage to turn us around then sure, I wouldn't mind him staying.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 28 Feb 2009 18:49

I couldn't give two shiny sh*ts whether he goes or not to be quite honest.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 28 Feb 2009 18:55

Coppell will have to stay to try and work this shit out

Its his team, his mess, and it will have to be him to fix it

Can he though? I cant really see it, but he has a better chance than anyone else though

532 posts