duberry's tackle

gonesy

Re: duberry's tackle

by gonesy » 04 Mar 2009 18:45

Snowball Last night I was pleased for Doobs, and chuffed we won

but let's be clear, speed-wise Pearce and Doobs would be ripped to shreds by Agbonglahor (sp?) and company in the Prem

As would most Premier league centre-backs! That's where positioning comes in :mrgreen:

gonesy

by gonesy » 04 Mar 2009 18:49

Sun Tzu
Focher he still can't play 'football' though, but his attitude and defensive attributes are unquestionable.

Doyle doesn't block shots on the line

Super-sub Long does! Fair point though :)

gonesy

by gonesy » 04 Mar 2009 18:58

Starfish Doobs is a pretty awful nickname though. In fairness.

Especially when the away fans think we're booing him!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Mar 2009 19:05

I'v been saying for a while I'd give Doobs an extension. I feel he'd have more to offer as a squad Prem defender than Ivar would.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 04 Mar 2009 20:57

Ian Royal I'v been saying for a while I'd give Doobs an extension..

The way he's playing I'd tarmac his drive and paints his guttering as well !

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 05 Mar 2009 00:58

Sun Tzu
Vision
Starfish Doobs is a pretty awful nickname though. In fairness.

I've heard some people calling him "Grass" but I'm not sure if that will catch on though.

It might grow on me.....

No chance of tit happening. It's a forlawn hope I'm afraid

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 05 Mar 2009 07:59

Snowball No chance of tit happening. It's a forlawn hope I'm afraid

BOOOBS!!! :oops:

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 05 Mar 2009 08:55

Looking at Doobs' chalenge and those that were punished last night in the game between Wigan and West Ham (albeit by the incompetent Attwell), I am incredibly relieved that the ref waved play on. I reckon ninety nine out of a hundred of those would be punished in the Premier League.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 05 Mar 2009 10:24

I'd have been delighted if Doobs tackle had been punished in the Premier League.

Dan - B15 Royal

by Dan - B15 Royal » 05 Mar 2009 10:42

Archie's penalty Rosey's passion was great as well - did you see the paddy he had when we let in the goal? Him and Doobs my MOM's last night.

yeah, Liam was fuming when Wednesday scored. Fed chucked the ball out the net to restart the game and from around 6 yards Rosenior thumped the ball onto the crossbar, think he was aiming for the goal but missed, however it was so good to see this passion, and it clearly was released at the end with his celebrations infront of us fans along with Dooooobs who was punching the air and generally delighted after a great team and personnal performance!

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 05 Mar 2009 11:51

Great to see Rosenior's passion for the team.

Reminds me of when Andy Gurney scored a free-kick at the Madejski, he came racing over to the East Stand and I think released all his pent up frustration at being in and out of the team, and genuinely being considered crap.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 05 Mar 2009 13:20

CMRoyal Looking at Doobs' chalenge and those that were punished last night in the game between Wigan and West Ham (albeit by the incompetent Attwell), I am incredibly relieved that the ref waved play on. I reckon ninety nine out of a hundred of those would be punished in the Premier League.

I've seen the tackle a few times on video and although it only shows it from one angle it seemed fair to me, got the ball and that in itself is a big indicator.

Listening to Brian Laws' radio interview though he was calling it as a two footed challenge that should have been punished...

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 05 Mar 2009 13:23

Muskrat
CMRoyal Looking at Doobs' chalenge and those that were punished last night in the game between Wigan and West Ham (albeit by the incompetent Attwell), I am incredibly relieved that the ref waved play on. I reckon ninety nine out of a hundred of those would be punished in the Premier League.

I've seen the tackle a few times on video and although it only shows it from one angle it seemed fair to me, got the ball and that in itself is a big indicator.

Listening to Brian Laws' radio interview though he was calling it as a two footed challenge that should have been punished...

Yeah, and to clarify: I wasn't commenting on whether it was fair - I played park football in the days when you could jump in feet first at kneecap level, bite the forward's goolies off, get up, call the linesman a cnut and still not get penalised so long as you came away with the ball. So as far as I'm concerned, a perfect tackle from Doobs.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Mar 2009 13:40

Muskrat

lots of crap about that in the papers too, when it looked totallyfine to me
even considering my bias

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Mar 2009 14:03

Doobs is playing well thus far but come next season in the prem he just shouldnt warrant a starting berth!!

It is up to management to realise real investment is needed including at centre back

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Mar 2009 14:12

he'll still be good enough for a back up berth at least in my eyes

bigshaka'away'

by bigshaka'away' » 05 Mar 2009 18:24

cmonurz Great to see Rosenior's passion for the team.

Reminds me of when Andy Gurney scored a free-kick at the Madejski, he came racing over to the East Stand and I think released all his pent up frustration at being in and out of the team, and genuinely being considered crap.

He was crap. He was really really crap. Whereas Rosenior is class. I agree it was nice to be rewarded for the long trip to wednesday with the players coming over and showing how much they cared. Not sure if anyone else went up the M1, but for the life of me, why are they doing roadworks at the same time over a 65 mile stretch? why not do a bit then move on to the next? its nuts. Bloody northerners

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 05 Mar 2009 19:22

This should cheer a few up.

I went to Sheffield to pick up an exchange (company) car for my Mrs, fixed it so I could get to the game.

Filled it up with juice and got all the way back (sounded a bit rough)

Conked out in Tesco Wednesday morning. I had filled her DIESEL car with petrol. (Nobody told me!)

Cost £180 to fix and I can't claim it back.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Mar 2009 21:00

Snowball This should cheer a few up.

I went to Sheffield to pick up an exchange (company) car for my Mrs, fixed it so I could get to the game.

Filled it up with juice and got all the way back (sounded a bit rough)

Conked out in Tesco Wednesday morning. I had filled her DIESEL car with petrol. (Nobody told me!)

Cost £180 to fix and I can't claim it back.

FYI it usually says on the keys somewhere for hire cars if it's a diesel. Not sure if this is exactly the same as your situation though.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 05 Mar 2009 23:03

This was a Renault Scenic, doesn't have a key, it has a card thingee.

Funny thing is, I drive a Nissan Navarra P/U (Diesel)
so as I went to fill up I was chanting,
"Don't put diesel in it. Don't put diesel in it."

The amazing thing is I managed to drive it all the way from Sheffield to Newbury on the wrong fuel