CONFIRMED - Glenn Little Loan move

334 posts
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CONFIRMED - Glenn Little Loan move

by Terminal Boardom » 08 Mar 2009 18:12

Scrappy Admittedly you can be scepticle about the move but for both parties this surely has to be a good thing. Little has the experience of this time in the season, which is what we need right now. The wingers will play an important role between now and the end of the season and I would rather have Little in the side, someone who we know can cope under pressure, rather than Kebe who is relatively inexperienced.

Not only that but we have plenty of players still at the club who KNOW what Blakey is all about. The trouble with Kebe is that he is too much like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates. Who knows, we might see an improved James Harper.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 08 Mar 2009 18:28

Ian Royal It's not a great deal of a slap for Henry, he's on loan getting games and scoring. Little is unlikely to be playing more than cameos which isn't what Henry needs.

He didn't need pace, his control and brain were his best assets, I expect him to offer better crossing and ball retention.

Little came back last season and played the grand total of 59 minutes (not including injury time). Bit of an over-reaction Dirk. Most people are capable of realising one player (who won't play every game, let alone every minute) won't suddenly make us world beaters.

If it was satire it was piss poor satire. He'll offer us something we don't already have on the wing, experienced intelligence.

I'm happy Little has come back BUT he has to be fit

These "he didnt have pace before" comments must be coming from people who have never played the game. You have to have a general level of fitness to be able to handle the game. If Little has serious knocks that are stopping him from playing then it doesnt matter and his lack of pace, he will just be off the pace and carry those knocks

If he is fit to play though its great news. He is the exact opposite of Kebe, and thats what we need, a proper footballer and not just a sprinter who will do something with the ball every now and again

I do feel its a big kick in the teeth for Henry though. I hope he doesnt go the way of Cox and is forced out of the club by Coppells lack of trust before really giving him a chance. I think he was due back from Millwall this week and Coppell has basically just said that he doesnt see him as being good enough. I hope he stays at Millwall for the rest of the season now, and then comes back in the summer ready to win a place in the side

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Mar 2009 18:29

Terminal Boardom What we have here is good old fashioned evidence that Jimmy Kebe is NOT good enough. Bringing back Blakey is low risk. However, like most others on here, give it a week and I will be saying that we should never have got Blakey on loan and that he is past it !!! :mrgreen:

Not evidence of much, really.

It could be to take the RW spot from Kebe
It could be as cover for Kebe to allow Henry another month on loan
It could be to take the RW spot and allow Kebe to go LW
It could be to create competition and a kick up the backside for Kebe
It could be to play RW and shift out SHunt as a kick up the backside

and probably other things too.

SSC has an opportunity, thinks, yeah we can afford that, we know the player, why not?

If Dave Kitson came back on loan it wouldn't have to mean Doyle and Hunt are not good enough

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 08 Mar 2009 18:31

"I said to my mum, the other day......."

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Glenn Little Loan move

by Royal With Cheese » 08 Mar 2009 18:38

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
Terminal Boardom I have heard that he jwill oin us on loan today in time to be elligible for tomorrow.

Coppell wont have him back - he burnt his bridges with Coppell when he said he would sign only to change his mind (which he is entitled to of course) - Coppell was none too pleased at time and for that reason Little in a Reading shirt is not going to happen

Post of the Century.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Mar 2009 18:43

Shorey will be back next. :roll:

fordman

by fordman » 08 Mar 2009 19:06

everyone was let down

club let down when little went
little let down when rednapp went to spurs

TIME TO MOVE ON.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Mar 2009 19:06

Add me to the list of those welcoming him back.
My only worry is that Coppell usually waits about 3 months before putting a new player in the side and by then the season will be over. :D
We will at least now have two passers in the side in Marek and Little.
As for Henry he's got plenty of time and Kebe and S Hunt may no longer be automatic selections which has to be a good thing.
BTW as Sun Tzu said Kebe has played a lot on the left recently during games so maybe just maybe Coppell has finally seen the light about the little Irishman (but I won't be holding my breath).
The best of it is that Coppell has actually done something rather than "we will go with what we have got".

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 08 Mar 2009 19:09

Southbank Old Boy
Ian Royal It's not a great deal of a slap for Henry, he's on loan getting games and scoring. Little is unlikely to be playing more than cameos which isn't what Henry needs.

He didn't need pace, his control and brain were his best assets, I expect him to offer better crossing and ball retention.

Little came back last season and played the grand total of 59 minutes (not including injury time). Bit of an over-reaction Dirk. Most people are capable of realising one player (who won't play every game, let alone every minute) won't suddenly make us world beaters.

If it was satire it was piss poor satire. He'll offer us something we don't already have on the wing, experienced intelligence.

I do feel its a big kick in the teeth for Henry though. I hope he doesnt go the way of Cox and is forced out of the club by Coppells lack of trust before really giving him a chance. I think he was due back from Millwall this week and Coppell has basically just said that he doesnt see him as being good enough. I hope he stays at Millwall for the rest of the season now, and then comes back in the summer ready to win a place in the side

henry's current situation is a bit concerning..he is obviously doing the business at the top of League one and let's be honest, that is hardly a million miles away from our level right now..

He can hit the ball and is quick, superb attributes in a substitute

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 08 Mar 2009 19:18

Probably different to most on here and I realise that Blakey left under a bit of a cloud, but this could just be the shot in the arm that the side need right now, and proves even more that the club "cocked up" when during the window they failed to shake up the side with some new blood, even though they hadn't been playing well since the Birmingham game. My only concern is how long will he be left meandering around the reserves and first team bench for him to get "up to speed" ??
Last edited by howser on 08 Mar 2009 20:01, edited 1 time in total.

towserSL2crew

by towserSL2crew » 08 Mar 2009 19:54

howser Probably different to most on here and I realise that Bikey left under a bit of a cloud, but this could just be the shot in the arm that the side need right now, and proves even more that the club "cocked up" when during the window they failed to shake up the side with some new blood, even though they hadn't been playing well since the Birmingham game. My only concern is how long will he be left meandering around the reserves and first team bench for him to get "up to speed" ??

Bikeys gone ??? When the fcuk did that happen ??

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 08 Mar 2009 20:01

As delighted as I am. It makes a mockery of the emergency loan system!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Mar 2009 20:12

towserSL2crew
howser Probably different to most on here and I realise that Bikey left under a bit of a cloud, but this could just be the shot in the arm that the side need right now, and proves even more that the club "cocked up" when during the window they failed to shake up the side with some new blood, even though they hadn't been playing well since the Birmingham game. My only concern is how long will he be left meandering around the reserves and first team bench for him to get "up to speed" ??

Bikeys gone ??? When the fcuk did that happen ??

He means Blakey. :roll:

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

Re: RUMOUR - Glenn Little Loan move

by Skin » 08 Mar 2009 20:20

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
Terminal Boardom I have heard that he jwill oin us on loan today in time to be elligible for tomorrow.

Coppell wont have him back - he burnt his bridges with Coppell when he said he would sign only to change his mind (which he is entitled to of course) - Coppell was none too pleased at time and for that reason Little in a Reading shirt is not going to happen

Ha HA hAAAR

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Mar 2009 20:26

Cripes :!:

Sure to polarise the Madstad faithful before he goes pitchside.

I really don't know where i am on this one.

But I just know, I will take advantage of the situation with my Pompey supporting work colleague tomorrow.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Mar 2009 20:44

BarryWhiteRFC Did you ever watch Glen play? Ever? If you did then you know that this can only be a good thing for the team / club and you're just looking for a reaction.

Certainly did. And the key point is that we're talking about the past tense, here. In his day he was absolutely superb for us and the best winger in tier two by far.

But that was three years ago, and that's my whole point. The Glenn Little of this season is a very different Glenn Little to the one we had three (or even two) seasons ago. If he was the same, that'd be different and worthwhile, but everyone here seems to be rejoicing in the memory of Glenn Little - not the reality of Glenn Little today.

Very different, I'm afraid!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 08 Mar 2009 20:47

Dirk Gently
BarryWhiteRFC Did you ever watch Glen play? Ever? If you did then you know that this can only be a good thing for the team / club and you're just looking for a reaction.

Certainly did. And the key point is that we're talking about the past tense, here. In his day he was absolutely superb for us and the best winger in tier two by far.

But that was three years ago, and that's my whole point. The Glenn Little of this season is a very different Glenn Little to the one we had three (or even two) seasons ago. If he was the same, that'd be different and worthwhile, but everyone here seems to be rejoicing in the memory of Glenn Little - not the reality of Glenn Little today.

Very different, I'm afraid!

Spot on Dirk. If Glen can play a part in getting us promoted then I'll happily admit I'm wrong but he hasn't played since Boxing Day, he's now 32/33 and maybe a desperate move by the management team.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Mar 2009 20:49

He'll be on the training pitch.

The management team will soon know one way or the other.

Alivey

by Alivey » 08 Mar 2009 20:50

Another backwards step for Reading FC if we manage to go up it will be EMBARASSING

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 08 Mar 2009 20:51

I'm made up. It can only help. A couple of moments of Little magic could be all the difference in the next few months.

If he turns out to be past it, that will be sad, but it's worth a try. The guy's an RFC legends.

334 posts