CONFIRMED - Glenn Little Loan move

334 posts
Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CONFIRMED - Glenn Little Loan move

by Barry the bird boggler » 09 Mar 2009 06:53

Let's see, a month to get him match fit then a couple of weeks to get over the injury he's bound to pick up.... :)

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 09 Mar 2009 06:53

Blakey is class, and hopefully, if he rediscovers just a patch of the form he had in the promotion season, he will have a big impact.

He'll also have a mssive influence in the dressing room. He always creates a positive ambience whoch can only be a good thing!

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 09 Mar 2009 07:51

I agree with the sentiments that Blakey's presence in the dressing room will have a positive effect. Go Blakey!

Shorey can stay at Villa. We have a good replacement in Stretch, who seems to be improving with every game.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 09 Mar 2009 07:56

In all honesty, even a 50% Glen Little is an improvement on Kebe.

Hope we see Blakey tomorrow night, for at least 15 minutes anyway.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 09 Mar 2009 08:49

Deathy In all honesty, even a 50% Glen Little is an improvement on Kebe.

I have seen comments from some Plymouth fans who say that Kebe was by far our most dangerous player and caused them problems all game.

Yes he may give the ball away, fail to deliver a final ball, not track back as much as he should, but if he did do all those things he wouldn't be playing for Reading. The fact is he is a threat and because of that he gets extra attention from opposition defenders leaving more space for other players.

I have noticed that matches where we don't create much are the matches where Kebe is not brought in to play much.

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 09 Mar 2009 09:17

Terminal Boardom
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Blakey even at 50% will cause Championship defenders problems.

We've seen the standard is not great.

Blakey at 50% is still 10 times the player Kebe will only dream to be

Did you see Kebe play on Saturday!! Great goal and impressive performance. I'' be disappointed if he is dropped for an unfit Glen Little for tomorrow night's match. Kebe and Marek are just beginning to gel!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 09 Mar 2009 09:29

No way will Kebe be dropped just like that.

Biggest cheer of the season when Little comes on as sub though, (in whichever game he is fit enough to do so).

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 09 Mar 2009 09:35

Jeffers217
Crowthorne Royal He is a player that is in the same mould as Gilkesy and dare I say it in patches James Lambert...When these players get the ball they usually make something happen. Listen to the way the crowd lifts when Kebe gets the ball even though 8 times out of 10 he'll do nothing with it!

Are you feeling alright mate? Glen Little is nothing like Gilkes! Have you seen his speed in comparision?!! Gilkes was a simple player who used raw pace to run up the line and put the ball in the box whereas Little uses skill and often cuts inside.
But yer i'm happy he's back...Mr Coppell can we get Convey back on loan to replace S*** Hunt? Nah of coure that wont ever happen

I think the bit I've underlined was the most important element of CR's post.

In a race Gilkes would have run the length of the pitch before Little or indeed Lambert had reached the half-way line.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Mar 2009 09:36

If Little is just 70-80% of the player he was two seasons ago then this is great news.

I'd add my name to the list of those a little worried about his fitness, and the impact this might have on Henry's Reading career, but as a low risk short term measure it's a fantastic move by Coppell.

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 09 Mar 2009 09:38

Tilehurst Mike
Terminal Boardom
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Blakey even at 50% will cause Championship defenders problems.

We've seen the standard is not great.

Blakey at 50% is still 10 times the player Kebe will only dream to be

Did you see Kebe play on Saturday!! Great goal and impressive performance. I'' be disappointed if he is dropped for an unfit Glen Little for tomorrow night's match. Kebe and Marek are just beginning to gel!

There could be a surprise. We have seen Glen Little play very well in centre midfield at the Mad Stad (for Burnley) and brilliantly on the left (v Ipswich)
Assuming he plays right side though the team will have to rediscover the ability, through some link up play, to get the ball wide in the right areas.
I hope Little is up for this. In my small world I would hate to see him struggle and tarnish the memory of the performances of a great player.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 09 Mar 2009 09:39

Deathy In all honesty, even a 50% Glen Little is an improvement on Kebe.

:lol:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 09 Mar 2009 09:46

Dirk Gently Why don't we bring back Trevor Senior too? Or would it be too much of a backward step, bringing back someone who was a great player for us once but who is now too old, has lost whatever pace they once had and is far too injury prone?

Time moves on and players do too - accept it and live in the present, not the past!

It's a loan until the end of the season, what have we got to lose?

Furthermore, Little's game has little to do with pace and everything to do with skill. My guess is that, like Salako before him, age will not have seen him lose the ability to put the ball in the right places for our forwards to exploit. If I'm wrong, we've lost a few weeks wages in a season that has seen us rake in millions in the transfer market.

This is a small risk well worth taking but I'm not expecting Glen to get a start any time soon, if at all.

Welcome back, Blakey :P

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 09 Mar 2009 10:13

This is the best news ever.

It's a total no-lose situation for Reading and you lot all need to calm the fck down about it being a massive blow to Henry. He's just not good enough yet and getting The Best Reading Player Of All Time on loan for a couple of months doesn't mean the end of his career.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 09 Mar 2009 10:19

Alivey Another backwards step for Reading FC if we manage to go up it will be EMBARASSING

Absolutely. If we go up with Little in the squad, I shall barely be able to show my face outside. Christ, the humiliation :roll:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Mar 2009 10:20

Maguire This is the best news ever.

It's a total no-lose situation for Reading and you lot all need to calm the fck down about it being a massive blow to Henry. He's just not good enough yet and getting The Best Reading Player Of All Time on loan for a couple of months doesn't mean the end of his career.

Hear, bloody, hear.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 09 Mar 2009 10:21

Stranded
Maguire This is the best news ever.

Hear, bloody, hear.

Spacey can't.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 09 Mar 2009 10:44

Irvinchangeyaname
Alivey Another backwards step for Reading FC if we manage to go up it will be EMBARASSING

Absolutely. If we go up with Little in the squad, I shall barely be able to show my face outside. Christ, the humiliation :roll:

What utter drivel.

All we care about now is getting there. Try reading the large print that says "Loan".

Little could be our worst acquisition in a decade but he's played in Europe for Pompey this season, which would suggest there's a good chance of him not causing too much embarrassment to the muppet factor that lurks within our fan base.

Anyone who can't face their Man U supporting friends thanks to this transfer would be better off joining them.......................growing up, of course, would also be an option.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 09 Mar 2009 10:45

Irvinchangeyaname was being sarcastic.

Anyway, did I mention how fooking great this news is?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Mar 2009 10:51

Woodcote Royal
Irvinchangeyaname

What utter drivel.

All we care about now is getting there. Try reading the large print that says "Loan".

Little could be our worst acquisition in a decade but he's played in Europe for Pompey this season, which would suggest there's a good chance of him not causing too much embarrassment to the muppet factor that lurks within our fan base.

Anyone who can't face their Man U supporting friends thanks to this transfer would be better off joining them.......................growing up, of course, would also be an option.
LOLz.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 09 Mar 2009 10:56

Maguire Irvinchangeyaname was being sarcastic.

Glad to hear it.

334 posts