Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

Re: Season Ticket Prices for next season

by T.R.O.L.I. » 09 Mar 2009 14:16

Mid June IIRC.

STAR Voice

by STAR Voice » 09 Mar 2009 15:07

T.R.O.L.I. Seeing as this was only released by the club this morning, has anyone who thinks they will have a problem raising the monay by 03/04/09 (but is willing to do renew now for next season) actually contacted the club to express their concerns? Or is it just easier to complain about it on here?

Perhaps STAR could open some discussions with the club regarding potential payment options?

STAR has been having discussion with the club for several months on this matter.

STAR's stated position is that we believe ease of payment is just as important a factor in ensuring ST sales as the absolute price, and STAR has urged the club to offer an in-house payment scheme to supporters instead of using an external credit company.

We all know what has happened to the availability of credit at the moment, and we believe there will be a significant number of Reading supporters who will not have a 100% spotless credit rating and so will not be able to use the third-party scheme.

STAR believes that if the club ran such an in-house scheme, it would be risk free to them - because there is sufficient time between now and the start of next season to ensure that all payments on an account were made by a specified date otherwise the member card doesn't get livened up. If a reasonable admin fee was charged (when done previously this was £25) then that would cover the costs of additional administration, and as long as everyone understands that if payments aren't made then the card doesn't work - and this is enforced - then it ought to be really attractive!

I'd certainly prefer to pay £112.50 in each of April, May, June and July (or maybe £150 now and £100 in April, May & June) than either find a lump sum now or have to use external credit.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 09 Mar 2009 15:16

STAR Campaigns
T.R.O.L.I. Seeing as this was only released by the club this morning, has anyone who thinks they will have a problem raising the monay by 03/04/09 (but is willing to do renew now for next season) actually contacted the club to express their concerns? Or is it just easier to complain about it on here?

Perhaps STAR could open some discussions with the club regarding potential payment options?

STAR has been having discussion with the club for several months on this matter.

STAR's stated position is that we believe ease of payment is just as important a factor in ensuring ST sales as the absolute price, and STAR has urged the club to offer an in-house payment scheme to supporters instead of using an external credit company.

We all know what has happened to the availability of credit at the moment, and we believe there will be a significant number of Reading supporters who will not have a 100% spotless credit rating and so will not be able to use the third-party scheme.

STAR believes that if the club ran such an in-house scheme, it would be risk free to them - because there is sufficient time between now and the start of next season to ensure that all payments on an account were made by a specified date otherwise the member card doesn't get livened up. If a reasonable admin fee was charged (when done previously this was £25) then that would cover the costs of additional administration, and as long as everyone understands that if payments aren't made then the card doesn't work - and this is enforced - then it ought to be really attractive!

I'd certainly prefer to pay £112.50 in each of April, May, June and July (or maybe £150 now and £100 in April, May & June) than either find a lump sum now or have to use external credit.

But...

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 09 Mar 2009 15:20

STAR Campaigns I'd certainly prefer to pay £112.50 in each of April, May, June and July (or maybe £150 now and £100 in April, May & June) than either find a lump sum now or have to use external credit.

I'd certainly prefer to pay £50 per month which is over the minimum payment of the barclaycard than either find a lump sum now or have to use external credit. :)

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 09 Mar 2009 15:29

M Brook
On the surface it looks like a clever move. Looked at closely and its a cynical attempt by the club to take advantage of our optimisim about promotion that will leave a lot of people resentful.

Anyone who ends up feeling resentful for paying the same price as last season needs to ask themselves just how much they really want to support the club.

I have very bad news for Skyline and Mr Angry.....................I intend to renew this week :mrgreen:

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 09 Mar 2009 15:31

Its those who have tp pay the higher price because they can't afford to renew now who will be resentful.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 09 Mar 2009 15:40

Those who are unable to join the flexible payment scheme I would accept but that option should be open to the vast majority, with credit cards being the most likely method adopted.

Perhaps it would have been nice to have offered more time but I think this is, on the whole, a good offer from the club with claims of cynicism well wide of the mark.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Mar 2009 15:54

Woodcote Royal
M Brook
On the surface it looks like a clever move. Looked at closely and its a cynical attempt by the club to take advantage of our optimisim about promotion that will leave a lot of people resentful.

Anyone who ends up feeling resentful for paying the same price as last season needs to ask themselves just how much they really want to support the club.

I have very bad news for Skyline and Mr Angry.....................I intend to renew this week :mrgreen:
Gosh. Even though you don't come when you don't agree with the team that's put out?!!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 09 Mar 2009 15:55

bb0118
STAR Campaigns I'd certainly prefer to pay £112.50 in each of April, May, June and July (or maybe £150 now and £100 in April, May & June) than either find a lump sum now or have to use external credit.

I'd certainly prefer to pay £50 per month which is over the minimum payment of the barclaycard than either find a lump sum now or have to use external credit. :)

Barclays is external credit :mrgreen:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 09 Mar 2009 17:05

Woodcote Royal
M Brook

What I'm about to write has nothing to do with the above.......................

............but how does this work if you are thinking of moving seats??

I'm all up for renewing now (better spent on a season ticket than left in the bank gathering 0% interest!!) but only if I can move at a later date.

:wink:

Stuffed Crust Pizza

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 09 Mar 2009 17:21

Mr Angry What I'm about to write has nothing to do with the above.......................

............but how does this work if you are thinking of moving seats??

I'm all up for renewing now (better spent on a season ticket than left in the bank gathering 0% interest!!) but only if I can move at a later date.

:wink:

I emailed the club earlier today asking the same question and got this reply from the ticket office;

Ticket Office If you renew before the 3rd April you will need to renew in your current location.

Once it has been confirmed which league we will be playing in next season we will then have a further renewal period which season ticket holders will then be able to renew at the respective league’s price.

After this period we will have a mover’s period where all season ticket holders that have renewed will have the opportunity to change location.

Should you have any further enquires please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Member Services
Reading Football Club

So it would appear that you can renew your existing seat today and will have to wait until 'Mover's Week' over the summer to move your seat.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 09 Mar 2009 17:41

Royal Lady
Woodcote Royal
M Brook

Gosh. Even though you don't come when you don't agree with the team that's put out?!!

Now renewed.

My seat to use as and when I please, knowing that I've supported my team to the tune of £475.00 for the next campaign.................... clearly too complicated a concept for some to comprehend........................................nothing new there!

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 09 Mar 2009 18:22

Well done RFC, it is a shame for those that cannot afford the money at this current time, but better to do this than to do nothing.

And they have also said there will be a movers week, which previuosly was not the case, tho moving was in the end possible.

As for the suggestion of the club doing it in 4 instalments, surely that would mean they would have to become a licensed credit broker, or the payment would be for just a certain number of games in advance, so not really a ST at all, and easy for folk to pull out if we became a mid table team?? Does that make sense??

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Mar 2009 11:07

Nice to see the club offer this deal again.

Funny how they didn't do the same when we went up last time as there was no chance we would fail to win promotion...

We'll now be getting Premiership football at the price they originally said we'd have to pay for it 4 seasons ago if we'd gone up back then. About the right sum in my book.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 10 Mar 2009 12:29

STAR Campaigns

Whilst I agree with what you are saying, why should the club hold the financial risk of non payment? Zebra must have insurance in place to cover losses through people defaulting and would also provide all the necessary credit checks which would cost RFC money. I don't see how RFC could do it for less than the charge levied by Zebra, if I recall it was about £40 this season on top of your season ticket price

STAR Voice

by STAR Voice » 10 Mar 2009 23:21

Huntley & Palmer Whilst I agree with what you are saying, why should the club hold the financial risk of non payment? Zebra must have insurance in place to cover losses through people defaulting and would also provide all the necessary credit checks which would cost RFC money. I don't see how RFC could do it for less than the charge levied by Zebra, if I recall it was about £40 this season on top of your season ticket price

But if a condition of the scheme is that all the payments MUST be made before the season starts and before the relevant member card is livened up, what actually is the risk to the club of non-payment? If the payments aren't made by the deadline, the seat goes back on the market to someone else.

So the admin charge is just to cover paperwork and time, etc so could easily be less than Zebra's.

STAR Voice

by STAR Voice » 10 Mar 2009 23:23

The 17 Bus ......
As for the suggestion of the club doing it in 4 instalments, surely that would mean they would have to become a licensed credit broker, or the payment would be for just a certain number of games in advance, so not really a ST at all, and easy for folk to pull out if we became a mid table team?? Does that make sense??

Would they? Is this credit if they're not lending anything - it's surely just allowing you to buy the ST in 4 instalments, but you don't get it until after all 4 are paid, so put in a deadline of 1st August for all 4 payments to have been made and no money is being advanced. Instead 3 out of the 4 payments are being deferred.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 10 Mar 2009 23:34

So if 3 payments are made and the 4th is not, would they then return the money paid, less an admin charge??

STAR Voice

by STAR Voice » 10 Mar 2009 23:43

The 17 Bus So if 3 payments are made and the 4th is not, would they then return the money paid, less an admin charge??

Possibly, or perhaps they'd return 75% or 80%. Not sure on the legalities of it - but as long everyone knows what the rules are when they enter into it then they can decide whether to accept them or not.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Mar 2009 20:06

I bet the club are hoping for significantly better performances on the pitch than last night's between now and April 3rd!!

Another poor show against Ipswich and perhaps the deal doesn't look anywhere near as attractive.