CONFIRMED - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

455 posts
.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

Re: Kitson to return?

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 10 Mar 2009 08:45

papereyes
.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. kitson and little both jumped ship in our hour of need, why the oxf*rd should we be taking them back when they couldn't hack it elsewhere?

because they're both better than what we've replaced them with.

and, in Kitson's case, they're significantly more effective in this league and the one above than the player that didn't get his transfer out last summer.

rubbish take off your sunshine specs he was utter shite the year we went down.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 10 Mar 2009 08:46

Kitson will drive us on to glory........oh, sorry Dave.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 10 Mar 2009 08:47

I said 'no' to this when it was first rumoured, but if Brum are sniffing around do we have a choice? Besides, he might be just what we need as an outlet and to take some pressure off Doyler.

madmickb

by madmickb » 10 Mar 2009 08:49

I like Kitson but it was him i believe that said a lot of nasty things about his team mates after he left, I wonder how well he is going to be recieved if he did come back.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 10 Mar 2009 08:51

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. and wasn't kitson part of the reason we went down anyway due to the fact his head was stuck so far up his behind he thought he was to good for us. let him stay at stoke in the reserves where he belongs we're scoring enough goals as it is, although i don't think he'll be scoring to many anyway.

Kitson's 10 goals in that relegation season equalled the goals from the rest of the strikers put together. God knows how we'd done had we ended up relying on Lita for goals. :|

Oh, and we're not really scoring enough at the moment given that we went a fair few games without a Reading player scoring.

If it means that Coppell has all but given up on Lita and our strikeforce is Doyle, Kits, NHunt, Long then that almost suits my "strikers should all offer something different" criteria.

A further point is 74(14) 42 at Championship level. That's approaching a goal every other game.

tlcs

by tlcs » 10 Mar 2009 08:52

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. and wasn't kitson part of the reason we went down anyway due to the fact his head was stuck so far up his behind he thought he was to good for us. let him stay at stoke in the reserves where he belongs we're scoring enough goals as it is, although i don't think he'll be scoring to many anyway.

This is one player we DONT need back !!

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 10 Mar 2009 08:53

papereyes
.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. kitson and little both jumped ship in our hour of need, why the oxf*rd should we be taking them back when they couldn't hack it elsewhere?

and, in Kitson's case, they're significantly more effective in this league and the one above than the player that didn't get his transfer out last summer.

First half of the season he was really good, but got too up himself after Xmas and wasn't prepared to put a shift in when the going got tough. We have to assume that SC knows that this won't upset those who really fought relegation and were devastated when it happened. A suitably chastened Kits who's prepared to make up for how he acted would surely be welcomed by all? Especially as he's a class footballer, and we need another one of those right now.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 10 Mar 2009 08:53

Row Z Royal
The 17 Bus
Row Z Royal /likes this

or as you said on the Shorey thread.

Row Z Royal Why can't we just move on?

Money-chasing players who think they're too good for lowly Reading aren't welcome here.

:wink: :wink:

Little thread.

I've said before that I appreciate the subtle differences between Little & Kitson.

nope it was the 5th reply on the Shorey to return rumour thread, in UR&G

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 10 Mar 2009 08:54

As long as the players don't mind him coming back then this can only be a good thing. He said a few things when he left that upset the players so I hope it is all forgotten......

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Mar 2009 08:55

I think you'll find they both seem to be climbing back on in our new hour of need

FWIW I was a bit :shock: when I saw this news this morning but if he and Doyle link up as well as they used to, with the white pele and a rejuvenated Shunt providing the ammo it can only be a good thing. Plus, if brum really wanted to add him to their EU striker mountain we're better off having him here. I'd like to think we'll pay a lot less than 5.5m for him if we buy when we go up as the beeb suggests though

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 10 Mar 2009 08:55

papereyes

He got 10 goals.

What more would you want from him?

The only issue was that he tended to score 'good' goals and not easy or ugly ones. But isn't that Lita (1 goal), Long (3 goals) or Doyle (6 goals, more appearances) job?

A suitably chastened Kits who's prepared to make up for how he acted would surely be welcomed by all? Especially as he's a class footballer, and we need another one of those right now.

Exactly.

Coppell wouldn't have him back without talking to him about what happened last season, would he.

This transfer excites me in a way that NHunt, Armstrong and Tabb didn't.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 10 Mar 2009 09:04

Silver Fox

I think you'll find they both seem to be climbing back on in our new hour of need

FWIW I was a bit :shock: when I saw this news this morning but if he and Doyle link up as well as they used to, with the white pele and a rejuvenated Shunt providing the ammo it can only be a good thing. Plus, if brum really wanted to add him to their EU striker mountain we're better off having him here. I'd like to think we'll pay a lot less than 5.5m for him if we buy when we go up as the beeb suggests though

:| Convey back please.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 10 Mar 2009 09:05

Don't look back in anger - Oasis :wink:

If he has dropped the attitude and started eating humble pie then it could be a quality touch by Copps...

However, if the Ginger one is still the 'ego' that was partly to blame for the whole team switching off at the end of last season...then no fanx...

Ohh ooh...the dressing room can now start playing the fun game of i'm bigger than you are!!!! Kits, SHunt, Lita...how exciting :mrgreen:

If Brum were sniffing around and as Little said he had 2 or 3 options aswell...it's probably a case of RFC stopping the challengers from picking up decent Championship level players...which at the end of the day is what both players are...

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 10 Mar 2009 09:06

I take it this isn't confirmed yet?

Nevertheless, if it happens, this could push us to promotion. Kitson is a brilliant striker with a great record for Reading, and at this level. Great stuff.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 10 Mar 2009 09:08

We never replaced Kitson when he left, and the way we play is tailor made for a player similar in style to Kitson; therefore, why not get the guy back in?

The obvious issues are about what is in his head - has his experience at Stoke reduced some of his arrogance? Or has it totally shot his confidence?

A Dave Kitson anywhere near his best will terrorise defences at this level, especially with a fit Glen Little supplying ammunition; tDoyle will also appreciate having the big fellah back. I sse this as the last hurrah for the team of 2005/06 and if it gets us promotion then fantastic!

Implications however are clear - firstly, for all Coppell's pronouncements that he is happy with the squad, he realises that it isn't quite good enough at this stage to push on and get promotion; secondly, we have seen Lita in a Reading shirt for the last time REGARDLESS of whether the Kitson deal happens or not.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 10 Mar 2009 09:09

Can't wait for Little's return, but Kitson !

Please no. He is a destructive, lazy and technically inept footballer, who made his feelings clear when he left us for the lofty reaches of Prem football with Stoke!

Just looking at what Stoke fans have to say about him, it's clear his attitude has not changed and we thought there was a problem with Lita!

This will be a real retragrade step for the club and unlike Little, Kitson's return will not rejuvenate the squad and foster greater team spirit. Oh no quite the opposite could happen and then where will that leave us?

The only positive I can see coming from this, is that Coppell might be persuaded to sign a new contract himself come the end of the season.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 10 Mar 2009 09:10

madmickb I like Kitson but it was him i believe that said a lot of nasty things about his team mates after he left, I wonder how well he is going to be recieved if he did come back.

What did he say? I don't recall him saying any nasty things except that a few players (by his own admission himself included) were taking themselves a bit too seriously and acting as though they had made it. He's obviously realised the error of his ways and has learnt. Not sure that this is a good move though for the Club although I was gutted when he left.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 10 Mar 2009 09:10

I was shocked when I heard this on the way to work this morning -

I'm fairly pleased, I mean he did bang them in in the CCC.

But I'm more pleased that he, and Little for that fact, hasn't gone to any of our competitors. Can you imagine if both Kitson & Little went to Brum for instance, that would be very worrying.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 10 Mar 2009 09:11

Not to dampen what is obviously a good signing, but are these two loan deals almost an acceptance by Coppell that he isn't quite up to it in the transfer market?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Mar 2009 09:12

Row Z Royal
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY ...at long last the club have recognised theres too much pressure on Doyle to score all the time - great news

As Kitson is more of a play maker than a goal scorer, I would imagine that Doyle is going to be under more pressure, but will also be more likely to score as he can do the easy bit with Kitson getting the assists.

Kitson both creates and scores.

Take a look at his scoring record for Reading, he scored more than his fair share of goals and personally I think he'll link up very well with Matejovsky if this goes ahead.

As Wycombe says, I hope the rest of the squad are not put out by this, but a KItson'esque player is exactly the player we need to give us a bit of variation.

455 posts