CONFIRMED - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

455 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Kitson to return?

by Royal Lady » 10 Mar 2009 09:31

Lita will be dropped - he'll leave in the Summer on a free. NHunt on bench and he'll try a Doyle/Kitson old time combo to begin with at least

largetrousers
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by largetrousers » 10 Mar 2009 09:31

Who cares what ex players may have said in the past, its what happens on the pitch that matters. If this proves fruitful and we get Kitson to the end of the season, with view to buy as reported by BBCRB this morning if we go up, then it will be worthwhile. How many balls currently get put to our forwards and they fail to win the knock-ons? Doyle has never been great at this and should be on the receiving end running onto the knock-on. Kitson would win probably every ball, and his all-round game from defending from the front to finishing is top drawer. We all know what Kitson is about, to have him and Little back in the side makes a massive difference to our promotion push. I think it is irrelevant to judge his current form, he is in a poor team with poor service. We will be buzzing, and with Little putting the balls in the box even I could score!

Please come home kits!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 10 Mar 2009 09:32

YES!!!!

Lets be honest, a fit and firing Kits is head and shoulders above anything else we have got.
Last edited by winchester_royal on 10 Mar 2009 09:33, edited 1 time in total.

TomCat

by TomCat » 10 Mar 2009 09:32

Great news, shows Reading are going for it. Kitson gives that other option. I think that teams have worked out how to stop us by stopping the wingers ( who haven't been on top of their game to be fair). When this happens we don't have a plan B. Now we can play it up to Kitson and force other teams to response to our change in tactics. He was also useful as an outlet when we were under pressure. At the moment we just hoof it up field, the strikers cant hold it, so it comes straight back.

I know Kits left under a bit of a cloud, but IIRC when he spoke about disruptive elements in the dressing room, he also admitted that he was one of the players at fault. If anything he seemed to be blaming the management team for not sorting out the friction rather than other players.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 10 Mar 2009 09:32

Royal Lady Lita will be dropped - he'll leave in the Summer on a free. NHunt on bench and he'll try a Doyle/Kitson old time combo to begin with at least

And poor old Shlong back down the pecking order just as he starts to play well.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 10 Mar 2009 09:32

Fantastic news. A fit Kitson will give both the team and fans a boost just at the right time.

Oh, and :shock: to Harry Carry's first sensible post ever.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 10 Mar 2009 09:33

Wantage Royal
cmonurz Not to dampen what is obviously a good signing, but are these two loan deals almost an acceptance by Coppell that he isn't quite up to it in the transfer market?

Or isn't it more likely that he is calling upon two players who he knows well and is confident they can add something to the squad for the final part of the season.

It was just a thought that crossed my mind.

Little leaves, and Coppell doesn't replace him, trusting in Kebe. Then he brings Little back.

Kitson leaves, and Coppell replaces him with N Hunt, who can't even get in the side right now, and then Coppell brings Kitson back.

I'm giving N Hunt the benefit of the doubt for now, but if you take out his good half a season, we have had nothing from any new strikers since Doyle was signed.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 10 Mar 2009 09:34

Hurry up with that club confirmation. I've got work to do!

Harry Carry

by Harry Carry » 10 Mar 2009 09:37

Row Z Royal
Harry Carry I think you fickle fans should swallow your pride and be pleased he's coming back. You can't blame him for wanting to play in the Prem and earn more money, we'd all go for better, higher paid jobs if we could. It didn't work out for him, so get over it.

:shock:

Whoosh me if you will, but this appears to be a sensible post from HC.

8)

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 10 Mar 2009 09:37

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A48422018

Stoke fans very complimentary about him.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Mar 2009 09:38

Showing confirmed on BBC news if that helps!!

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 10 Mar 2009 09:38

cmonurz
Wantage Royal
cmonurz Not to dampen what is obviously a good signing, but are these two loan deals almost an acceptance by Coppell that he isn't quite up to it in the transfer market?

Or isn't it more likely that he is calling upon two players who he knows well and is confident they can add something to the squad for the final part of the season.

Little leaves, and Coppell doesn't replace him, trusting in Kebe. Then he brings Little back.

Kitson leaves, and Coppell replaces him with N Hunt, who can't even get in the side right now, and then Coppell brings Kitson back.

I'm giving N Hunt the benefit of the doubt for now, but if you take out his good half a season, we have had nothing from any new strikers since Doyle was signed.

Noel has been a good signing, but was never going to completely replace Kits over a whole season. We needed Leroy and Shane to step up to the plate a bit more.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 10 Mar 2009 09:39

cmonurz
Wantage Royal

Problem with NHunt is that he appears to be 'burnt out' after the high intensity he gave us at the start of the season and then the international call-up etc...and the fact that he always has some sort of niggling injury...I would say he isn't being played because he isn't 100% fit...afterall, you can be the best player in the Scottish League without getting out of 2nd gear...so I think he has found that he is more than capable at this level...but not used to the intensity of it...

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 10 Mar 2009 09:40

CMRoyal

That crossed my mind, but actually I'm more of the mind that he's only doing this one to stop our rivals getting him.

I think the light has gone on in Coppells head tbh - he said that he was looking to sign a striker in the January window and never did - apart from Doyle, the other strikers we have flatter to deceive, and whilst Noel Hunt has scored a few, if he was the answer to our striker problems , he'd be playing week in, week out - he isnt

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 10 Mar 2009 09:42

MAintaining a top strike rate over 46 games is damned hard, hunt will come good again before the end of the season, but to really compete and get promoted you need 3/4 good strikers, and all have to be capable of 15 goals in 35 ish games, IMHO.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 10 Mar 2009 09:43

Maybe we a are a one trick pony team after all.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 10 Mar 2009 09:44

Re: whoever it was that said Kits was lazy - I never noticed this! What I did see was him continually dropping deep to try to help out our overrun midfield, despite being continually told not to. He would then be too knackered to make it back into the box when we did regain the ball.

Given the disruptive influence he was widely reported to have been towards the end of last season, I'm still not sure whether his return is wise. I guess some of the people (*cough* Shorey *cough*) he had disagreements with have left - but didn't he have a huge falling out with Lita?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 10 Mar 2009 09:45

2.8 lita injection Maybe we a are a one trick pony team after all.

Maybe bringing back a premiership quality striker is a shrewd move.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 10 Mar 2009 09:47

Fook me, what the hell is going on?! :shock: Forget what happened in the summer, just glad he's back.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 10 Mar 2009 09:48

toppy Beeb Gossip

Reading are set to re-sign Dave Kitson on loan - only seven months after they sold him to Stoke for £5.5m. (Various)

Birmingham are also interested in Kitson, with boss Alex McLeish prepared to offer £4m to sign the striker. (Daily Mirror)

Kitson loves this club, he would never go birmingham. Oh My god though, what a signing.

455 posts