CONFIRMED - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

455 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Kitson to return?

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Mar 2009 10:02

Amazing bit of news still can't believe it!!

They must both realise it was a mistake leaving the MIGHTY ROYALS

COME ON PROMOTION AND AN ELECTRIC ATMOSPHERE TONIGHT!!

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 10 Mar 2009 10:03

Royal With Cheese
meeky_no9 The Premier League isn't what its all made out to be.

But it's still where we need to be to progress the growth, the fanbase and the profile of the club.

Well said Cheesey, without hope and ambition there is not point in football, we may never be top 4, but we have to try, might have been a while back but I remember Villa, Man C, Fulham, Stoke, Wigan, Bolton, Hull, Pompy all at level 3 or lower, things change, and now is as good a time as any to make a foray into the top level, the fans have proved they will come out for the games, though demand was falling, and the only way t build on that iis to be in the Prem, the longer we stay at level 2 the harder it will be to make the move up.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 10 Mar 2009 10:05

Whether or not you think we need Little or Kitson, one thing we have definitely lacked in recent weeks is someone with the ability to play a pass that can deliver a goal scoring opportunity - both of them can do this. Marek has been the only shining light in recent games but the team could do with more creativity.

If this turns out to be true, then other rumours are saying we are paying a big loan fee to get him, so hats off to RFC for showing ambition.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2009 10:06

cmonurz Not to dampen what is obviously a good signing, but are these two loan deals almost an acceptance by Coppell that he isn't quite up to it in the transfer market?

How do you figure that?

We get "5.5 Million" for a player, replace him for 650K, are second-top scorers in the league without him, then get him back to help out. I call that BRILLIANT!

I prefer Armstrong to Shorey (by a country mile) and that turned into very good business.

Rosenior is a thousand times the player (and the man) Seol was... incredible swap that was.

It was "sad" when Little went but I defy anybody his age to turn down a 1/2/3 year deal in the Prem, better money in the twilight of his career

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Mar 2009 10:07

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe One thing not seen mentioned is he actually what we need?

I say that because as discussed my many elsewhere, part of our problem at the moments seem to be our midfield 2 and full backs playing deeper. When Kits tries to play like Teddy Sherringham, he comes very deep. Is that not gonna add to our problem of playing too deep? Which is exactly what happened last season.

Hopefully Kitson's quality will just be too much for the Premiership.

Any Minute Now

Kitson & Doyle up front worked last time with Blakey supplying the ammo. We didn't have that last year hence why Kits dropped deep. Hopefully we'll see more of the CCC partnership then the back end of last season partnership.

No guarantee that it will work, but just the boost this seems to be giving everyone today is reason enough in my mind.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Mar 2009 10:07

This aint a bad move ON LOAN but it all comes down to what the permanent transfer fee will be

If we can just say forget the rest of the money stoke owe us and that is it then not a bad bit of business

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 10 Mar 2009 10:08

After being let go from my job and failing my driving test, yesterday i was wondering what could happen to make me feel better. It Happened

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Mar 2009 10:10

Don't think kitson will walk back in straight away even though he was a love child of SSC

bit harsh on long, n.hunt and lita but guess thats football

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 10 Mar 2009 10:10

LoyalRoyal22 After being let go from my job and failing my driving test, yesterday i was wondering what could happen to make me feel better. It Happened

Go and stack shelves at Sainsburys. There could be a future in it...

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 10 Mar 2009 10:10

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe One thing not seen mentioned is he actually what we need?

I say that because as discussed my many elsewhere, part of our problem at the moments seem to be our midfield 2 and full backs playing deeper. When Kits tries to play like Teddy Sherringham, he comes very deep. Is that not gonna add to our problem of playing too deep? Which is exactly what happened last season.

Hopefully Kitson's quality will just be too much for the Premiership.

Any Minute Now

I don't think it is or was the whole team playing too deep that's the issue, it's the gap between midfield and forwards. This is alleviated somewhat when Matejovsky and Gunnar play because there's more of a diamond about the midfield shape. But we lose a bit defensively playing that way. With Kits playing as a deep-lying forward, Marek would presumably drop back a bit, meaning there's more cohesion between defence and attack. That would be the theory, anyway.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Mar 2009 10:11

LoyalRoyal22 After being let go from my job and failing my driving test, yesterday i was wondering what could happen to make me feel better. It Happened

sure now that he is back, kitson can give you some driving pointers :P

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 10 Mar 2009 10:12

I wonder what Long, Lita N.Hunt/S Hunt, Kebe, Tabb, Mooney, Harding, Henry are thinking right now?

Y25

by Y25 » 10 Mar 2009 10:14

this is great news :lol:

we have badly missed a tall centre forward, erm, since Kitson left

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 10 Mar 2009 10:14

Row Z Royal wrote
:lol:

Excellent reply. How quick are you off the mark?

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 10 Mar 2009 10:14

that they will be in the premiership next season, hopefully

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 10 Mar 2009 10:17

Now confirmed. Welcome to Groundhog day.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 10 Mar 2009 10:17

Kitson will be a vehicle to success that I will drink to......oh, sorry Dave.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 10 Mar 2009 10:19

Row Z Royal

The future's bright...the future's Orange...well strawberry blonde or ginger :wink:

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 10 Mar 2009 10:19

Gordons Cumming I wonder what Long, Lita N.Hunt/S Hunt, Kebe, Tabb, Mooney, Harding, Henry are thinking right now?

valid point but where challening for a place in the best league in the world and we need to win games and as of late we havent been. id feel for longy if kits went straight in, admittedly i was one of those doubting him but after his cameo at hillsborough and how he played sat he still deserves his place. kebe deserves a place more than hunty too but give it a few weeks and then expect to see the following line up:

Marcus,
rosie,
pearce,
bikey
stretch,

little,
marek,
harps,
hunt,

kits,
doyle

or even more likely: whitehead, bernal, williams, brown, robinson, lambert, jones, caskey, salako, morley, asaba

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 10 Mar 2009 10:20

The Prisoner Now confirmed. Welcome to Groundhog day.

YABBADABBADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kitson
David Kitson
He's the greatest ginge in history

Kitson
David Kitson
It's the greatest value transfer fee

455 posts