CONFIRMED - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

455 posts
Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Kitson to return?

by Wizard » 10 Mar 2009 10:34

Isn't it the case that if a player is on loan someone else can have their number? As I believe David Mooney is number 12, couldn't Kitson actually have it now as Mooney is at Norwich?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RUMOUR - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

by Royal Lady » 10 Mar 2009 10:34

depends on his salary though - we weren't prepared to pay him what he wanted last year, so why would it change now?

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 10 Mar 2009 10:35

1871royals Not sure if this is mentioned anywhere else but is anyone else very very surprised by this.

SC gave the impression at fans forum he was annoyed with Kits comments after he left. Also I think Murts said something similar on his radio show.

With Long seemingly coming into a bit of form and I cant imagine NHunt being dropped completely. So we will need to accommodate 2 strikers on the bench?

BTW imo Kits is better than both NHunt and Long, but it seems like he was poor for team spirit last season and we are allowing him back into the squad.

All the more reason for him to be a man, hold his hands up and take us back up again. He felt partly to blame and, like Little, felt he had unfinished business. Same as Coppell really in that nobody likes to leave as a failure.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 10 Mar 2009 10:35

Maguire
Gordons Cumming I wonder what Long, Lita N.Hunt/S Hunt, Kebe, Tabb, Mooney, Harding, Henry are thinking right now?

Long - "I really must go to confession, it's been a couple of weeks"

N.Hunt/S.Hunt - "still got time for a few more games of Call of Duty before we have to go to the ground"

Kebe - "sacre bleu, this Glen Petit, il n'est pas plus vite"

Tabb - "I wish I was a little bit taller, wish I was a baller, wish I had a girl who looked good I would call her"

Mooney - "the famine's over? Well, I might go home in that case"

Harding - "I really miss my dad, Matthew"

Henry - "being this close to Bermondsey has really helped me appreciate the tragedy of Jade Goody"

coke --> keyboard

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 10 Mar 2009 10:36

The bungalow opposite the training ground has just been let, I wonder if Kits has reserved it so he can walk to work.

Shaka's Giant Hands

by Shaka's Giant Hands » 10 Mar 2009 10:37

Row Z Royal
Royalwaster I won't believe it till this is on the OS.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 01,00.html

:lol:

Cracking picture they have chosen!

working class hero

Re: RUMOUR - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

by working class hero » 10 Mar 2009 10:39

Kitsons football brain, height and flicks would make a huge difference - and a positive one.

Yay for his return!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2009 10:41

cmonurz [
Kitson leaves, and Coppell replaces him with N Hunt, who can't even get in the side right now, and then Coppell brings Kitson back.
I'm giving N Hunt the benefit of the doubt for now, but if you take out his good half a season, we have had nothing from any new strikers since Doyle was signed.

Dear Jesus, what a stupid post. Which "half of the season" is that?

Point 1. It's patently clear that Coppell brought Lita back from Norwich because

(a) If he stayed any more it had to be to season's end.
(b) He was scoring from them so was worth a try

He tried Lita as sub, then for some games, and Lita was perfectly consistent, on 90th minute unimportant goal per season. So Lita was finally dropped (and it looks like forever)

3-1 Hunt Starts Hunt scored a brilliant goal at Birmingham, took a bad whack. Long coming on did OK.
1-1 Hunt Starts Hunt lasted 63 minutes of the next game (had a very good header tipped over the bar) v Cardiff, again replaced by Long
1-1 Late Sub Hunt was rested at Southampton, Long took his chance, played OK and got the vital goal. Hunt on as sub before equaliser
4-0 Hunt Starts Hunt comes back in and scores versus Watford
0-2 Hunt Starts Hunt was sacrificed at Swansea to create a 5-man midfield.
1-0 Hunt Starts Hunt's pressure forced the Wolves OG (effectively, "Hunt scored")

0-0 Not in Squad QPR The doomed Lita experiment. Lita fails to score
0-0 Late Sub Preston Hunt on as sub in 71st as right wing and played very well as a winger
0-2 Late Sub Bristol Lita fails again. Hunt thrown for the last nine minutes on when we are 2-0 down
2-1 Hunt Starts Gets assist for Doyle's equaliser. Long comes on for him abd scores winner.
2-2 Does not play. Long rewarded with full game and plays well. Hunt about to come on in 80th when Kebe gets equaliser

Six starts, two goals, one forced OG, one assist, and that's when he's (relatively) "off-colour"

25 Starts (7 sub appearances) 10 goals, one forced OG, 3 assists, hit woodwork three times, 26/43 shots on target (60.4%)

That is top quality striking

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 10 Mar 2009 10:42

Shaka's Giant Hands
Row Z Royal

That is painfully bright!!!! needs to have some kind of warning on it....

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Mar 2009 10:43

Hugo Boss Huge step backwards IMO. Very, very disappointing.

This smacks of desperation to me. Last time we bought Little in on loan to get us up, we stayed down. Last time we threw money at "experienced" players to get us up (Ferdinand & Keown) we stayed down. Just seems a little like we're admitting we aint got the answers to get us out of the rut we're in. Not only that, what sort of message does it send to Noel Hunt, Tabb etc?? Not good for the future of the Club in my honest opinion.

I agree with the desperation element to the two loan deals, but I don't think it's really a backward step as we've failed to replace the pair of them in the first place.

Big question marks over how they will slot back in and what their form and fitness is like, but essentially we've added two excellent players to our squad who will improve the quality available.

I'm happy as it should mean games becoming a little more interesting and entertaining once more.

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 10 Mar 2009 10:45

Shaka's Giant Hands
Row Z Royal

I can't see it . I get an error:

"Error :121212 - single color buffer overload"

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Mar 2009 10:46

This smacks of desperation to me. Last time we bought Little in on loan to get us up, we stayed down. Last time we threw money at "experienced" players to get us up (Ferdinand & Keown) we stayed down. Just seems a little like we're admitting we aint got the answers to get us out of the rut we're in. Not only that, what sort of message does it send to Noel Hunt, Tabb etc?? Not good for the future of the Club in my honest opinion.

I couldn't disagree more.

Given where we are and how long of the season there is left, signing Kitson and Little - two excellent players for this level who also know the club, the manager and they way he likes to play inside out is an excellent move. Much better than going out and getting just someone who may or may not improve the side.

We know that all things being equal, with these two back we have a better squad and first XI than we did last Saturday. Add to that the rest of the division will know just what these players acheived last time they were at this level at this club and it makes complete sense.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2009 10:48

CMRoyal
Noel has been a good signing, but was never going to completely replace Kits over a whole season. We needed Leroy and Shane to step up to the plate a bit more.

MUCH more realistic post than the earlieer one almost-slagging Hunt off as not good enough.

He's close to a goal every two games but he just looks like the pace and intensity
is (at the moment) hard for him week in week out and 90 minutes.

So will it eventually be Kitson and Doyle for 65 minutes then Long and Hunt for 25?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Mar 2009 10:49

Jeez Snowball - you could have used to stats to back up that post. :roll:

:wink:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Mar 2009 10:49

Thing is will Kits play the same role as before?

Or will he drop back to midfield? Did he not play that role before once?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2009 10:51

The 17 Bus MAintaining a top strike rate over 46 games is damned hard, hunt will come good again before the end of the season, but to really compete and get promoted you need 3/4 good strikers, and all have to be capable of 15 goals in 35 ish games, IMHO.

Amen.

It p!sses me off that (some) people are slagging Noel.

This guy has had a series of horrible knocks this season because of his bravery
and he's been a breath of fresh air, a gutsy, guy, great with Doyle and very
close to 1 in 2.

But I agree, this league is murder, loads of close, tough games on poorer pitches,
never mind the cup games (where he also scored twice)

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 10 Mar 2009 10:53

Stranded

I couldn't disagree more.

Given where we are and how long of the season there is left, signing Kitson and Little - two excellent players for this level who also know the club, the manager and they way he likes to play inside out is an excellent move. Much better than going out and getting just someone who may or may not improve the side.

We know that all things being equal, with these two back we have a better squad and first XI than we did last Saturday. Add to that the rest of the division will know just what these players acheived last time they were at this level at this club and it makes complete sense.

I do agree with your point about them knowing how the Manager plays - Very valid point and one i'd overlooked.

However... How long before Little gets injured?? How long before Kitson starts gobbing off and upsetting everyone at the training ground again?? How long before the likes of Noel Hunt (who have looked promising players for the future of the Club) get the a*se and do one??

The whole thing just aint a good, long term move for me.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 10 Mar 2009 10:54

I am just happy to now see it confirmed on the official site!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Mar 2009 10:54

papereyes
Maguire
Gordons Cumming I wonder what Long, Lita N.Hunt/S Hunt, Kebe, Tabb, Mooney, Harding, Henry are thinking right now?

Long - "I really must go to confession, it's been a couple of weeks"

N.Hunt/S.Hunt - "still got time for a few more games of Call of Duty before we have to go to the ground"

Kebe - "sacre bleu, this Glen Petit, il n'est pas plus vite"

Tabb - "I wish I was a little bit taller, wish I was a baller, wish I had a girl who looked good I would call her"

Mooney - "the famine's over? Well, I might go home in that case"

Harding - "I really miss my dad, Matthew"

Henry - "being this close to Bermondsey has really helped me appreciate the tragedy of Jade Goody"

coke --> keyboard

Very possiby Mags' finest post of all time ever :lol:

I'm disappointed in hugo though

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 10 Mar 2009 10:55

I am so happy the legend is back- best striker we've had for the past decade in my opinion if you look at his overall game. The league is ours now I'm convinced. We have a tall striker to hold the ball up and a quality delivery in the way of Little. Shame for Noel as I like him a lot but he's not a touch on Kits

455 posts