CONFIRMED - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

455 posts
Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Kitson to return?

by Hugo Boss » 10 Mar 2009 12:17

Sun Tzu
Hugo Boss . Just seems a little like we're admitting we aint got the answers to get us out of the rut we're in.

I thought the away win at Sheff Wed, the unlucky draw at Plymouth, the 4 goals and multiple chances were the green shoots of a recovery anyway......

1 (and a half) swallows don't make a summer an' all that.

Don't get me wrong, at least we seem to be scoring again but 4 points out of the last god knows how many aint great.

I'm still reasonably confident though.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Mar 2009 12:21

Alivey Davie Kitson was one of my favourite reading player of all times, he is a legend to me and these boards were full of people slagging off kits and shorey if anything they deserve plaudits for speaking the truth, the club is run by monkeys wally "downes" if you can call him that shouldnt be employed after teh shambles of last season and Coppell she be hiding under his "Umbrella ella ella" because he was clueless and still is!! Only reason Madejski sticks with him is that he knows Coppella ella ella eh eh is so cheap and wont ever ask for money like a real manager. Let's keep bringing back old players, what next sonko???? oster????? or maybe try investing in players that are not "ONE FOR THE FUTURE" and get one that is "FOR THE PRESENT" and because right now we are "ONE FOR THE PAST". ARE YOU LISTENING COPPELL

Go to bed, you're pissed.

largetrousers
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by largetrousers » 10 Mar 2009 12:23

OS now confirming it http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1585101,00.html
Think it will go through in time for tonights game, or if Coppell would even throw him into the mix? Its about getting results, I think he'd be daft not to involve him and Little to ensure some wins.

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 10 Mar 2009 12:26

sam1 Tempted as I am to jump on this bandwagon of excitement and optimism, I have to agree with Hugo's very valid points.

Pffft - Hugo has done that rare thing - reconsider his options with the dignity of a gentleman. Much as I like Hugo's points, I agree with Stranded - this is a clever move to improve our squad with decent and reliable players. I only hope they become fit a lot quicker than Keown ever did and that Tabb and Noel Hunt stay in the Match Day 16.

As someone who has thought about giving the season up a few times because of other commitments, Id now happily give up a few Saturdays to see these too.
Especially Little.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 10 Mar 2009 12:28

i dont get all this negativity :roll: would everyone agree we need a couple of players? i think most would. so why not bring players that coppell and the players know? there available, we need players whats the problem? id rather bring in players that are tried and tested at this level than gambles, good work coppell and reading football club you've got my vote

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 10 Mar 2009 12:34

I thought it was agreed we needed a tall target man like Dave Kitson and had never managed to replace him?

I'm just glad he's back. Should never have left.

punkindrublic

by punkindrublic » 10 Mar 2009 12:36

I hope he plays at some point tonight! Sad to see him go ....... happy to see him back! :mrgreen:

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 10 Mar 2009 12:37

TBH I didn't want him to return but now that he has....I feel the cockles of my heart warmed :oops:

Sure, he may not save us, but I can't see what possible harm this could do...

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 10 Mar 2009 12:38

Hugo Boss Huge step backwards IMO. Very, very disappointing.

This smacks of desperation to me. Last time we bought Little in on loan to get us up, we stayed down. Last time we threw money at "experienced" players to get us up (Ferdinand & Keown) we stayed down. Just seems a little like we're admitting we aint got the answers to get us out of the rut we're in. Not only that, what sort of message does it send to Noel Hunt, Tabb etc?? Not good for the future of the Club in my honest opinion.

'greed

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 10 Mar 2009 12:40

Royal Rother
Deathy Kitson in on loan is great news, albeit surprising after the disruption he partly caused last season.

Is it now established fact or just popular folklore that Kitson caused disruption last season?

Established fact. Have spoken to two people who have witnessed different things that Kitson was involved in behind the scenes at the Club. Not to mention his regular outbursts in the press and the drink / drive issue.

allwite123

by allwite123 » 10 Mar 2009 12:42

He has to score goals to prove a point!!!

Funny how the club he slated after he left seems to have just revived his career.

Having said this im very happy to see a shake up in the front line and a player with a little bit of height!!!!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Mar 2009 12:44

WoodleyRoyal id rather bring in players that are tried and tested at this level than gambles,

No return for Joe then? Some sad news today I suppose :cry:

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 10 Mar 2009 12:45

Who is Joe Gamble??

Starry Blue Hooped Wonder

by Starry Blue Hooped Wonder » 10 Mar 2009 12:49

I personnaly think the two loan signings could turn out to be quite an astute move on Coppels part. With Kitson we now have a bigger striker who can play the target man and is different to the other strikers - part of the plan B we have all been desperate for recently. Something I don't think has really been mentioned yet, is the way that Kitson used to track back and hassle the mid field - certainly when he first came to Reading he had a huge work rate in this, and (unlike last season) he managed to do this without thinking he also had to be the midfield, winger etc. Maybe this ability to hassle the mid field may help when we are faced with those 5 man midfields?

Another thing that Kitson on loan gives us is someone to share the work load - we have quite an agressive fixture list to contend with in the run in - from Saturday just gone (Plymouth) there are 12 games in 8 weeks, all of them crucial for us. So Kitson gives another option to rest / rotate the strikers without compromise the ability of the front line. I wonder if this is also a good part of the reason behind Copells signing of both Little and Kitson?

Glen Little's Nose
Location: Watching Adam Miller dive nose first into the West Stand!

by Glen Little's Nose » 10 Mar 2009 12:52

When I bought Kits I thought he was going to be a top player for us, but sometimes it doesn't work out," said Pulis.

"He had family problems and that certainly hasn't helped the situation, but it would be lovely if he goes to Reading and scores a few goals."

Anyone know anything about this?

punkindrublic

by punkindrublic » 10 Mar 2009 12:54

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 10 Mar 2009 12:55

TBH, i was not too happy when this was announced, as i believe (as well as some people within the club) he had a detrimental effect on the dressing room.

However, now he has been to Stoke and has seen that the grass is not greener on the other side, he may bit a bit more humble. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Mar 2009 12:59

allwite123 He has to score goals to prove a point!!!

Funny how the club he slated after he left seems to have just revived his career.

Having said this im very happy to see a shake up in the front line and a player with a little bit of height!!!!

He didn't slate the club.

He criticised the way we gave up our Premiership status and the role certain characters in the dressing room played in that. I think he even had a dig at himself at the time too.

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 10 Mar 2009 13:00

Hugo Boss
Royal Rother
Deathy Kitson in on loan is great news, albeit surprising after the disruption he partly caused last season.

Is it now established fact or just popular folklore that Kitson caused disruption last season?

Established fact. Have spoken to two people who have witnessed different things that Kitson was involved in behind the scenes at the Club. Not to mention his regular outbursts in the press and the drink / drive issue.

But shirley Kits will be feeling a little podgy from all the humble pie he has been forced to eat. Could this give a better attitude and a fresh zest for playing?

sam1
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by sam1 » 10 Mar 2009 13:01

Dr Hfuhruhurr
sam1 Tempted as I am to jump on this bandwagon of excitement and optimism, I have to agree with Hugo's very valid points.

Pffft - Hugo has done that rare thing - reconsider his options with the dignity of a gentleman. Much as I like Hugo's points, I agree with Stranded - this is a clever move to improve our squad with decent and reliable players. I only hope they become fit a lot quicker than Keown ever did and that Tabb and Noel Hunt stay in the Match Day 16.

As someone who has thought about giving the season up a few times because of other commitments, Id now happily give up a few Saturdays to see these too.
Especially Little.

Then I'll reserve judgement til I've seen what he does on the pitch for us and assuming he doesn't resort back to being a whinging pcunt.

455 posts