CONFIRMED - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

455 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Kitson to return?

by winchester_royal » 10 Mar 2009 13:04

sam1
Dr Hfuhruhurr
sam1 Tempted as I am to jump on this bandwagon of excitement and optimism, I have to agree with Hugo's very valid points.

Pffft - Hugo has done that rare thing - reconsider his options with the dignity of a gentleman. Much as I like Hugo's points, I agree with Stranded - this is a clever move to improve our squad with decent and reliable players. I only hope they become fit a lot quicker than Keown ever did and that Tabb and Noel Hunt stay in the Match Day 16.

As someone who has thought about giving the season up a few times because of other commitments, Id now happily give up a few Saturdays to see these too.
Especially Little.

Then I'll reserve judgement til I've seen what he does on the pitch for us and assuming he doesn't resort back to being a whinging pcunt.

If Coppell, an advocate of dressing room harmony, is willing to bring him back, then I would suggest any problems that were apparent last year have been removed.

Percy's Rocket

by Percy's Rocket » 10 Mar 2009 13:10

I understand Warnockhas been on the blower asking if we want Oster back too....Copps said no thanks.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 10 Mar 2009 13:11

Glen Little's Nose When I bought Kits I thought he was going to be a top player for us, but sometimes it doesn't work out," said Pulis.

"He had family problems and that certainly hasn't helped the situation, but it would be lovely if he goes to Reading and scores a few goals."

Anyone know anything about this?

Super Kevin Bremner! on 25th November Got a contact who is a member of the senior coaching staff at Stoke.

Kits is off in January if they find a taker. Wife's just given birth and she has/had serious post natal depression and is finding things really tough being in the middle of nowhere.

Also been told categorically that Stoke are not going to adapt their style of play in any way whatsoever so a mix of footballing / family reasons are forcing the issue.

On a similar note, Pulis now regretting the sigining of Sonks as they've onLOLy just discovered he has no ability on the ball.

Literally LOLaughing all the way to the bank.

PS. No chance Kits will come back to us.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Mar 2009 13:11

Welcome back Kits, please ignore the fools on here for they know very little about football on the whole.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Mar 2009 13:21

HORAY!!!!

Promotion here we come!!!!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 10 Mar 2009 13:28

Hoop Blah
allwite123 He has to score goals to prove a point!!!

Funny how the club he slated after he left seems to have just revived his career.

Having said this im very happy to see a shake up in the front line and a player with a little bit of height!!!!

He didn't slate the club.

He criticised the way we gave up our Premiership status and the role certain characters in the dressing room played in that. I think he even had a dig at himself at the time too.

Hob Nob Rule #35

Not being 100 % optimistic and 100 % behind the club is slating it.

If Coppell, an advocate of dressing room harmony, is willing to bring him back, then I would suggest any problems that were apparent last year have been removed.

"What do you care? You're not gonna be here next year"

Both weren't, as it turned out.

I hope this works. Its given me a buzz about the remainder of the season.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 10 Mar 2009 13:31

So looking forward to seeing Kits, Blakey and Matey in the same side, maybe we can learn to be a passing side again! Reckon both the 'new' boys will be more on Mareks wavelength. But we're going to have to wait a few weeks to see it I think. Can't see Kits in the side for a few weeks unless Noel is not 100% fit, would be harsh on Shane too at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised if Blakey's on the bench tonight though.

The best bit about all this is that I reckon it will give everybody a lift for the end of the season. I am so looking forward to tonight, the atmosphere should be buzzing.

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 10 Mar 2009 13:32

rotherwick_royal So looking forward to seeing Kits, Blakey and Matey in the same side, maybe we can learn to be a passing side again! Reckon both the 'new' boys will be more on Mareks wavelength. But we're going to have to wait a few weeks to see it I think. Can't see Kits in the side unless Noel is not 100% fit, would be harsh on Shane too at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised if Blakey's on the bench tonight though.

The best bit about all this is that I reckon it will give everybody a lift for the end of the season. I am so looking forward to tonight, the atmosphere should be buzzing.

Peter Matey's back as well. oxf*rd me, I'm in heaven :o :oops:

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 10 Mar 2009 13:37

BobKnows
rotherwick_royal So looking forward to seeing Kits, Blakey and Matey in the same side, maybe we can learn to be a passing side again! Reckon both the 'new' boys will be more on Mareks wavelength. But we're going to have to wait a few weeks to see it I think. Can't see Kits in the side unless Noel is not 100% fit, would be harsh on Shane too at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised if Blakey's on the bench tonight though.

Peter Matey's back as well. oxf*rd me, I'm in heaven :o :oops:

AND WE'LL DO IT, FOR PETER MATE!!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

by West Stand Man » 10 Mar 2009 13:39

I am amazed. I still can't see what he offers that we don't already have (off form, lack of confidence in front of goal etc) - but I will be the most delighted person on the planet if I am shown to be wrong. :oops:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Mar 2009 13:39

Hugo Boss This smacks of desperation to me. Last time we bought Little in on loan to get us up, we stayed down. Last time we threw money at "experienced" players to get us up (Ferdinand & Keown) we stayed down. Just seems a little like we're admitting we aint got the answers to get us out of the rut we're in. Not only that, what sort of message does it send to Noel Hunt, Tabb etc?? Not good for the future of the Club in my honest opinion.

I hope you aren't accusing Steve Coppell of running out of ideas, that is sacrilege around here. A last throw of the dice, sh*t or bust, before he leaves RFC with all our good wishes in the summer. Agreed that it smacks of desperation, but we are fairly desperate. That said, an extra couple of bodies in for the big push won't hurt and at least we know these two players very well indeed and they won't need the usual 3 months which Coppell allows for bedding-in :roll:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Mar 2009 13:43

floyd__streete I hope you aren't accusing Steve Coppell of running out of ideas, that is sacrilege around here. A last throw of the dice, sh*t or bust, before he leaves RFC with all our good wishes in the summer. Agreed that it smacks of desperation, but we are fairly desperate.

I see Schards claim that we conducted a 'fire sale' last summer has just been knocked off second place in the 'ridiculously pessimistic comment' chart.

Luckily 'dull and uninspiring' is still out there in front....

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

by Sun Tzu » 10 Mar 2009 13:44

West Stand Man I am amazed. I still can't see what he offers that we don't already have (off form, lack of confidence in front of goal etc) - but I will be the most delighted person on the planet if I am shown to be wrong. :oops:

You need to make it to some away games.....

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 10 Mar 2009 13:47

Sun Tzu Agreed that it smacks of desperation, but we are fairly desperate.

Speak for yourself mate :roll:

Personally I'm not rolling around on the floor crying "for the love of GOD why are we only THIRD!?!!?!"

P.S. Sorry Sun Tzu don't think that is actually your quote :oops:

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 10 Mar 2009 13:51

fantastic news. outstanding footballer, can't wait to see him back at the madejski, i am a very happy bean. two of the most technically gifted players we've had at reading in my time returning in the same week, my cream machine is in overload.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Mar 2009 13:52

Sun Tzu
floyd__streete I hope you aren't accusing Steve Coppell of running out of ideas, that is sacrilege around here. A last throw of the dice, sh*t or bust, before he leaves RFC with all our good wishes in the summer. Agreed that it smacks of desperation, but we are fairly desperate.

I see Schards claim that we conducted a 'fire sale' last summer has just been knocked off second place in the 'ridiculously pessimistic comment' chart.

Luckily 'dull and uninspiring' is still out there in front....

Indeed, those types of early season opinions are the gifts that keep on giving.
Absurd and ridiculous reading it must be said.
We were always going up anyway, but now with the old boys back we can do so with some style.
Well done Steve Coppell.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Mar 2009 13:53

floyd__streete
Hugo Boss This smacks of desperation to me. Last time we bought Little in on loan to get us up, we stayed down. Last time we threw money at "experienced" players to get us up (Ferdinand & Keown) we stayed down. Just seems a little like we're admitting we aint got the answers to get us out of the rut we're in. Not only that, what sort of message does it send to Noel Hunt, Tabb etc?? Not good for the future of the Club in my honest opinion.

I hope you aren't accusing Steve Coppell of running out of ideas, that is sacrilege around here. A last throw of the dice, sh*t or bust, before he leaves RFC with all our good wishes in the summer. Agreed that it smacks of desperation, but we are fairly desperate. That said, an extra couple of bodies in for the big push won't hurt and at least we know these two players very well indeed and they won't need the usual 3 months which Coppell allows for bedding-in :roll:

Honest question then - what would you have done this week to improve the squad?

Almost seems like he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't at the moment.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Mar 2009 13:55

floyd__streete

Why is everyone bleating on about how desperate we are?

We are four points behind Brum with two games in hand, at this stage Brum are in the more desperate situation. It's hardly like Wolves or Brum have been on a goalfest recently compared to ourselves is it?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 10 Mar 2009 13:55

BobKnows oxf*rd me

If you insist, Miss.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Mar 2009 13:56

He'd probably polish his knob on his forehead.
Last edited by readingbedding on 10 Mar 2009 13:57, edited 1 time in total.

455 posts