New Manager On Monday

chandog

Re: New Manager On Monday

by chandog » 14 Mar 2009 22:22

bishbosh92 Leicester manager

Nigel Pearson

doing a good job at leicester
but it would be hard not to do well at a club so clearly above the league they are currently in

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 15 Mar 2009 00:25

RoyalBlue
shaka's shorts it is Brendan Rodgers - nailed on

Agreed, Watford are kindly giving him a bit of work experience at this level, prior to him joining us. He has already shown that he knows how to turn around a bad run.

Talk in UW today was that this is a done deal. Certainly better than most options mentioned on this thread.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 15 Mar 2009 07:56

If SC goes it will be the cheap option, as usual, and Kevin Dillon will step into the role with Wally as his assistant.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 15 Mar 2009 08:29

North Somerset Royal
RoyalBlue
shaka's shorts it is Brendan Rodgers - nailed on

Agreed, Watford are kindly giving him a bit of work experience at this level, prior to him joining us. He has already shown that he knows how to turn around a bad run.

Talk in UW today was that this is a done deal. Certainly better than most options mentioned on this thread.

UW?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 15 Mar 2009 08:51

Upper West.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 15 Mar 2009 08:52

Barry the bird boggler, 15 Mar 2009 08:56
If SC goes it will be the cheap option, as usual, and Kevin Dillon will step into the role with Wally as his assistant.

You must be joking Wally Downes is part of the problem at this club at this moment in time he has set us up as total defensive unit who are able to concede easy goals.

The players are frightened to move out of their positions there is more movement on a Subuteo table.

backintheday

by backintheday » 15 Mar 2009 09:11

Barry the bird boggler If SC goes it will be the cheap option, as usual, and Kevin Dillon will step into the role with Wally as his assistant.

On the head! The most realistic and probable outcome when SC goes. Like you say, the cheap option as can't see JM getting a new face in and giving him shed loads of cash to re-build.

Fezza

by Fezza » 15 Mar 2009 09:17

Martines, Dave Jones (my choice) or Pearce (if we could get him out of the England set up) would make me happy.

So long as we don't get one of; Holloway, Dowie, Adams or Jewell I'd be delighted!

Not sure on as they haven't been in the management side of things long enough, but look good; Rogers and Scott (Brentford)

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Mar 2009 09:21

I can practically guarantee that Sanch will apply for the job - I think he's applied every time the job has become vacant since he stopped playing! None of the managers mentioned (other than Curbs who is my favourite) have been consistent. But, I agree, we'll get the cheapest "name" available because if we're not spending on the team, we certainly won't be spending big bucks on a manager.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 15 Mar 2009 09:46

For me Rogers would be the best call. He has worked at a big club in Chelsea and learned a lot along the way. I was impressed by how Watford played against us even though the 4 shots we had that night all went in. At that time Watford fans wanted his head but he persisted in training the side to play football properly and has been rewarded with a march up the table to probable safety.

He has all the makings of a great manager - and more importantly he will probably be cheap enough for Mr Mad to afford!

Royal_Warrior

by Royal_Warrior » 15 Mar 2009 10:13

Alan Pardew and Lawrie Sanchez were both at Yesterdays Game , Lawrie was sat in SW corner and Pardew was in Hospitality

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 15 Mar 2009 10:41

Holloway = LOL, LOL, LOL, and, once more , LOL. Even Royalee could rack up more points in a season than him, and, trust me, thats an Insult to Holloway. Once more for emphasis, LOL.
Martinez = LOL, Based on what? One game you saw on the telly, and a defeat of Reading that the majority of people on here didnt go to. Id find it odd that we would end up preferring a team manager that we comfortably knocked four past. Just for emphasis. LOL.
Dillon = LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL. He was in charge when Reading were in a much worse position than this and he didnt get the job then. He wont get it now. For emphasis. LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL and LOL. There is only one person who could possibly be promoted to team manager and thats Eamonn Dolan, but even that isnt going to happen in my wildest dreams. (Id like to see him replace Dillon though!)

The sad fact of the matter is that if you were to sensibly consider your options for a new manager (and we'll probably have to in 9 games (+ any playoff games) time anyway), then the model we'll have to follow would be Derby County's - but we would actually struggle to get such a good fit. Parkinson's stock has gone, Im afraid. The era of the premiership , washed up, has-been is over as it has been proven over and over again to not work. The only one I would remotely consider is Paul Ince. The absolute last person we would need, and this is someone beneath in preference to Holloway, Martinez, Dillon and Royalee is Tony Adams.

Probably our best option is to pick up a lower league manager or somebody's assistant manager. Im a bit short of names, though.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 15 Mar 2009 10:59

My money would be Eamon Dolan

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 15 Mar 2009 11:01

2 world wars, 1 world cup Yes today was disappointing.

But sorry, anyone who even contemplates the idea of Coppell going is absolutely f*cking pathetic.

Sorry.

We are a small club with plastic fans who don't have the passion that other clubs have (as most are relatively new) and we deserve at best to be a good League 1/poor Championship side with our following/wage structure etc.

Since the arrival of Coppell we've been punching WAY above our weight as a yo-yo club: winning the Championship, two years in the Prem and now on the edge of auto promotion again. He took three different teams to the top flight and he's on the verge of doing it again or soon enough, bad patch or no bad patch.

Anyone who can't see the wood for the trees is in my opinion extremely naive and totally incapable of seeing things for what they are.

The day Coppell goes WILL be the day we will free-fall into a league position we deserve. And I won't be surprised if we'll have to wait another 135 years for top flight footy again. It will be the biggest disaster and one of the saddest events in the history of our club and possibly the history of our town.

It makes me very sad that my fellow fans can be so thick.

Reading till I die.

Never has one post depicted the cr@p attitude that some of our fans have so well.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 15 Mar 2009 11:02

Back to topic, Dolan or Rodgers for me. Martinez is sadly unrealistic.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 15 Mar 2009 11:17

winchester_royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup Yes today was disappointing.

But sorry, anyone who even contemplates the idea of Coppell going is absolutely f*cking pathetic.

Sorry.

We are a small club with plastic fans who don't have the passion that other clubs have (as most are relatively new) and we deserve at best to be a good League 1/poor Championship side with our following/wage structure etc.

Since the arrival of Coppell we've been punching WAY above our weight as a yo-yo club: winning the Championship, two years in the Prem and now on the edge of auto promotion again. He took three different teams to the top flight and he's on the verge of doing it again or soon enough, bad patch or no bad patch.

Anyone who can't see the wood for the trees is in my opinion extremely naive and totally incapable of seeing things for what they are.

The day Coppell goes WILL be the day we will free-fall into a league position we deserve. And I won't be surprised if we'll have to wait another 135 years for top flight footy again. It will be the biggest disaster and one of the saddest events in the history of our club and possibly the history of our town.

It makes me very sad that my fellow fans can be so thick.

Reading till I die.

Never has one post depicted the cr@p attitude that some of our fans have so well.

No - it's called 'realism' and 'perspective'. It's called remembering it's a game. Teams go through good and bad patches. If we're honest, we weren't as good as we seemed earlier in the season, and we're not as bad as we seem now. The basics of the club are sound, we have some good youngsters coming up, and the recruitment of Tabb (Coventry's captain, remember) suggests that we can attract players that once would not have considered Reading. The club is stronger in almost every way than it was five years ago. Promotion is not a divine right and it will not be easy now for this year. But the play-offs are very much on and at the start of the season I would have been happy with that. It will still be only the fourth season in our history when we are in with a chance of promotion to the top division.

So I just wish some of our friends on here would grow up, calm down and remember that supporting a football club has its ups and downs.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 15 Mar 2009 11:18

Dr Hfuhruhurr Holloway = LOL, LOL, LOL, and, once more , LOL. Even Royalee could rack up more points in a season than him, and, trust me, thats an Insult to Holloway. Once more for emphasis, LOL.
Martinez = LOL, Based on what? One game you saw on the telly, and a defeat of Reading that the majority of people on here didnt go to. Id find it odd that we would end up preferring a team manager that we comfortably knocked four past. Just for emphasis. LOL.
Dillon = LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL. He was in charge when Reading were in a much worse position than this and he didnt get the job then. He wont get it now. For emphasis. LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL and LOL. There is only one person who could possibly be promoted to team manager and thats Eamonn Dolan, but even that isnt going to happen in my wildest dreams. (Id like to see him replace Dillon though!)

The sad fact of the matter is that if you were to sensibly consider your options for a new manager (and we'll probably have to in 9 games (+ any playoff games) time anyway), then the model we'll have to follow would be Derby County's - but we would actually struggle to get such a good fit. Parkinson's stock has gone, Im afraid. The era of the premiership , washed up, has-been is over as it has been proven over and over again to not work. The only one I would remotely consider is Paul Ince. The absolute last person we would need, and this is someone beneath in preference to Holloway, Martinez, Dillon and Royalee is Tony Adams.

Probably our best option is to pick up a lower league manager or somebody's assistant manager. Im a bit short of names, though.

LoL on you for that post. Have you checked Martinez's track record at Swansea? Its pretty impressive.
Even in their 4-0 defeat at our place they showed in the second half how to pass and retain possession not endlesly surrender it by lumping the ball upfield. Its how they play.
Agree with you about Tony Adams although Brian Robson would be even worse if thats at all possible.

Vicky Pollard

by Vicky Pollard » 15 Mar 2009 11:18

has to be wenger for me

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 15 Mar 2009 12:25

Coppell isn't going before or even on Monday, i highly doubt it.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 15 Mar 2009 12:38

AndyRFC said
My money would be Eamon Dolan

Good shout. He came with a positive CV and, by now, is well integrated into the RFC way of things.

However,I have a feeling that Parky will take up the reins at some stage.Just a matter of whether that's sooner or later.