We control our own destiny...

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

We control our own destiny...

by seahawk10 » 16 Mar 2009 15:50

I realize that our form is awful recently. But I for one an tired of all the doom and gloom. Maybe the team is going to trip up and lose in the playoffs. Maybe we won't score another goal all season. But the truth is we control our destiny. If we win out it is an auto promotion spot for us. FACT.

It is all in our own hands. So all this talk that it's over and we will have to settle for a playoff loss is rubbish. Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now! 'Cause when the going gets tough…the tough get going! Who's with me? What the fcuk happened to the Hob Nob I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts? Huh? This could be the greatest run-in of our lives, but you're going to let it be the worst. 'Oh, we can't score a goal. Burnley just put up five on Forest. Brum and Wolves are winning again. We might get in trouble.' Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this! Doncaster? Three points! Palace? Another three! ? And Brum on the last day of the season? That is three more points!

- Seahawk Blutarsky

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: We control our own destiny...

by Dirk Gently » 16 Mar 2009 15:56

A applaud the sentiments and you're correct of course. But you just weren't there on Saturday to witness another gutless capitulation.

Anyone who saw that would be hard pushed to find positives, so distance gives you advantage and maybe perspective.

royalguy

by royalguy » 16 Mar 2009 16:01

I think you will find it was the Japanese that bombed Pearl Harbour.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 16 Mar 2009 16:01

Two things.

a) It is not in our own destiny because we are a point behind Birmingham even if we win our games in hand.

b) It was not the Germans who bombed Pearl Harbour.

DrZoidberg

by DrZoidberg » 16 Mar 2009 16:03

Norfolk Royal Two things.

a) It is not in our own destiny because we are a point behind Birmingham even if we win our games in hand.

But we have to play Birmingham .

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 16 Mar 2009 16:05

DrZoidberg

That is true. I was right about Pearl Harbour though.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 16 Mar 2009 16:06

However, if we win all our remaining games, we will be promoted so to that extent it is in our hands. However, on current form the idea is a nonsense because we'll do well to win as many as we lose.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 Mar 2009 16:07

a) I suppose it is if we beat them as well :|

The two games in hand are hardly 'gimme's' either are they. doncaster who before Saturday have been excellent especially at home recently and also Derby who seem a fair bit better than they were earlier in the season.

I think this recent home form is what's going to cost us. I know Coppell is trying to put a positive spin on it saying 'well we maybe better suited away' but to have the majority of games away from home is a big ask when your trying to chase down teams at the top.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 16 Mar 2009 16:10

Can't believe Coppell thinks we are stupid enough to swallow 'we may be better suited away from home' after we looked unbeatable at home for the first couple of months of the season.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 16 Mar 2009 16:24

DrZoidberg

True, but it'll be done and dusted by then. We're shit. Embrace the play-offs and tighten your butt cheeks.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 16 Mar 2009 16:32

I can't help thinking the assumption that we will be in the playoff is unduly optimistic as, if we continue playing as we are, we will not be picking up a lot more points and could be comfortably caught.

CAN YOU HEAR ME JUANPABLO????......

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 16 Mar 2009 17:09

Schards#2 I can't help thinking the assumption that we will be in the playoff is unduly optimistic as, if we continue playing as we are, we will not be picking up a lot more points and could be comfortably caught.

CAN YOU HEAR ME JUANPABLO????......

Good idea! We should buy Angel on loan.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Mar 2009 17:10

seahawk10 I realize that our form is awful recently. But I for one an tired of all the doom and gloom. Maybe the team is going to trip up and lose in the playoffs. Maybe we won't score another goal all season. But the truth is we control our destiny. If we win out it is an auto promotion spot for us. FACT.

It is all in our own hands. So all this talk that it's over and we will have to settle for a playoff loss is rubbish. Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now! 'Cause when the going gets tough…the tough get going! Who's with me? What the fcuk happened to the Hob Nob I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts? Huh? This could be the greatest run-in of our lives, but you're going to let it be the worst. 'Oh, we can't score a goal. Burnley just put up five on Forest. Brum and Wolves are winning again. We might get in trouble.' Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this! Doncaster? Three points! Palace? Another three! ? And Brum on the last day of the season? That is three more points!

- Seahawk Blutarsky

YEAH!!

WOOHOO

GO USA

just the kind of go get em, up and at em, americanised fist pumping and general hoohaa that i needed

well done seahawk
im eternally in your debt

ive found my mojo again!!

by 1960 » 16 Mar 2009 17:12

Norfolk Royal
DrZoidberg

That is true. I was right about Pearl Harbour though.

Except that it's Pearl Harbor.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 16 Mar 2009 17:13

GO TEAM ROYALS!!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Mar 2009 17:27

I'd like to see some evidence that we are in control of anything at the moment.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 Mar 2009 17:32

Steve Coppell earlier

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Mar 2009 17:33

Platypuss I'd like to see some evidence that we are in control of anything at the moment.

cheer up

just let yourself be energised by seahawksnorth american stylings

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 16 Mar 2009 18:00

What he meant to say was it was the Japanese who invaded Poland.

I know I haven't seen many games this season (Derby at home to be precise) but I spend a lot of time talking to 'fans' of the 'big' teams and I have to say how good we are to them. I'm not totally stupid, I hear from friends who've been to games and they all say how bad we've been, I also read the reports on here. But, as I say, I just have to big us up to other 'fans', in any case, I just can't see the point of being a fan of any club if all you expect them to do is fail.

So, I'm coming to the Birmingham game and fully expect that to be a decider for promotion. Of course, it may not be, but what keeps me going as a Reading fan (and has done since 1967) is the knowledge that next year will be better!!

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 16 Mar 2009 18:25

The Germans bombing pearl harbor was a whoosh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Notice it was signed Blutarski as in Bluto from Animal House. 8)