9%
England to win the world cup
25%

Total votes: 129
weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

Re: What would you rather have happen?

by weybridgewanderer » 23 Mar 2009 20:56

Alivey Before you vote for Reading or England, please think of the Hillsborough 86.. wouldn't it be a fitting tribute for them. never forget

Hillsborough 86? The tragedy was in 89.

and why would winning the league 20 years later be a fitting tribute? Winning the league that year would have been

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 23 Mar 2009 21:01

FiNeRaIn
The underlying reason why england consistently fail at winning titles is pure and simple....they aren't good enough.

well said. the 1st team is competitive but the backup is missing. Take gerrard/rooney/ferdinand/terry out and there isn't the qulaity to replace them

So in one off games england will look good but come a tournament with a number of games, injuries suspensions where you need a squad england will struggle

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 23 Mar 2009 21:10

What a stupid poll.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 23 Mar 2009 21:14

SLAMMED What a stupid poll.

This is the stupidest Poll since 3 yellow cards were shown in Stuttgart, 2006.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 23 Mar 2009 21:23

World cup once in a lifetime, Reading already once in the Premiership and our time will come soon again.

Why Liverpool, aren't most non-Royal supporting Reading folk, not Man U or Chelsea fans!

Cookie

by Cookie » 23 Mar 2009 21:58

No. 1. Reading in the Premier League.
No. 2. Ireland Win The World Cup. (Doyler hat-trick)
No. 3. Who gives a shite about Liverpool?

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 23 Mar 2009 22:03

I would prefer an England World Cup win to another season in the Premiership.
I would probably also prefer haemerrhoids to Liverpool winning the double.

They are the worst team in the whole world. You can understand people supporting Man U for the glory, Chelsea for the glamour and even Arsenal for the hint of sophistication, but what possible reason could somebody have for following Liverpool? No football lover could possibly support them, unless they are fond of desperately dull European evenings, comedy accents, or not being very funny.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 23 Mar 2009 22:41

Easy. England win the World Cup.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 23 Mar 2009 23:33

floyd__streete
SLAMMED What a stupid poll.

This is the stupidest Poll since 3 yellow cards were shown in Stuttgart, 2006.

Greames goin home.

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 24 Mar 2009 09:24

AF1

thats all without mentioning the genuine tragedy the people of liverpool have had to go through.

Yep, the people of Self Pity City have had to go thro loads - mostly self inflicted.

And before you harp on about Hillsborough most people in South Yorkshire have a very different view on that days events - tragic tho' they were - from the official white wash (sorry report) and where the main responsability rests.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 Mar 2009 09:35

Reading as an outside chance of promotion via the playoffs.

England wining the world cup - lol

Who cares about the upper tier of the prem.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 24 Mar 2009 09:57

Northern Git
And before you harp on about Hillsborough most people in South Yorkshire have a very different view on that days events - tragic tho' they were - from the official white wash (sorry report) and where the main responsability rests.

How does being in South Yorkshire give anyone an insight into the real causes of Hillsborough ? Virtually none of those 'experts' will have been anywhere near the Leppings Lane end that day so any 'opinions' are undoubtably based on prejudice or ignorance. Obviously any HNA contributors commeting were either there or are qualified experts with access to all the relevant info.

Skyline

by Skyline » 24 Mar 2009 10:01

This thread has made me think I really should go looking for that Greasemonkey script someone posted in AE that allows you to block threads started by certain posters.

As for Liverpool, having spent some time in the city in the past, I wouldn't be bothered if the whole lot slid into the Mersey and sank without trace...

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Mar 2009 10:34

England, no question.

I like it when Reading lose and I love it when Liverpool do.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 24 Mar 2009 10:35

GJ79
AF1 liverpool to do the double in all honesty.

Proper team, proper fans, original songs - all in all putting a team/fans like us to shame

thats all without mentioning the genuine tragedy the people of liverpool have had to go through.

Hey AF1 if u love them so much why you on here talking to us 'not proper fans' and as i remember the famous kop was very quiet when we played them in our first season in the prem at anfield. :roll: And i'll rather be a royals fan than some 'proper' liverpool scum fan supporting a team lead by a fat spanish waiter.

I really dont see the need for the vulgarisms which only show up the insufficiencies of your argument.

FWIW I consider my self half Reading/half Liverpool and have been lucky enough to visit Anfield and sit on the kop twice now. And on both occasions it was really loud and great. Not to be compared to all you plastic supporters at the Mad Stad :lol:

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 24 Mar 2009 10:57

Sun Tzu
Northern Git

How does being in South Yorkshire give anyone an insight into the real causes of Hillsborough ? Virtually none of those 'experts' will have been anywhere near the Leppings Lane end that day so any 'opinions' are undoubtably based on prejudice or ignorance. Obviously any HNA contributors commeting were either there or are qualified experts with access to all the relevant info.

So you where there? And have read the Taylor report? Dont suppose you know any stewards that were working that day? And while you are on about 'experts' tell me how many of the 'experts' at the inquiry where there that fatefull afternoon?

I also dont suppose you ever experianced any of the two Merseyside clubs supporters 'gateing' games as they fondly called it in those days.

I happen not to subscribe to the view that all the Scouse supporters that afternoon were well behaved, sober, orderly, ticket holding citizens. This however does not take away my sympathy for those that died or lost loved ones that afternoon.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 24 Mar 2009 11:22

Northern Git So you where there? And have read the Taylor report? Dont suppose you know any stewards that were working that day? And while you are on about 'experts' tell me how many of the 'experts' at the inquiry where there that fatefull afternoon?

I also dont suppose you ever experianced any of the two Merseyside clubs supporters 'gateing' games as they fondly called it in those days.

I happen not to subscribe to the view that all the Scouse supporters that afternoon were well behaved, sober, orderly, ticket holding citizens. This however does not take away my sympathy for those that died or lost loved ones that afternoon.

Surely that's obvious - but the same could be said of almost any set of supporters at alomost any big game. But has anyone (apart from The Sun) ever suggested that that caused the disaster?

Garibaldi!

by Garibaldi! » 24 Mar 2009 11:54

Don't want to back into the Prem. It's boring. And it smells.

Why can't we be allowed to win promotion, but nominate a sub for actual entry into the Prem (Doncaster Rovers would be my choice), then we can stay in the 4th largest league in the world, with more games and more entertaining footy, with none of the usual prima donna prem nonsense.

Perfect plan or what?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 24 Mar 2009 11:55

Garibaldi! Don't want to back into the Prem. It's boring. And it smells.

Why can't we be allowed to win promotion, but nominate a sub for actual entry into the Prem (Doncaster Rovers would be my choice), then we can stay in the 4th largest league in the world, with more games and more entertaining footy, with none of the usual prima donna prem nonsense.

Perfect plan or what?

Only if we get to keep the PL money too.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 24 Mar 2009 11:56

Northern Git
Sun Tzu
Northern Git

So you where there? And have read the Taylor report? Dont suppose you know any stewards that were working that day? And while you are on about 'experts' tell me how many of the 'experts' at the inquiry where there that fatefull afternoon?

I haven't claimed to be there or expressed a view on who was responsible. And I haven;t tried to suggest that prejudice in South Yorkshire is conclusive evidence that the disaster was caused by Liverpool fans. It was obviously much more complex than that. Sorry if you feel that I should have just accepted your simplistic and unsupportable view.

Northern Git I also dont suppose you ever experianced any of the two Merseyside clubs supporters 'gateing' games as they fondly called it in those days.

Funnily enough I have experienced it and in a much more direct way than you will have done. Not just from Scouse fans either, Man Utd do it to. And it still happens today.

Northern Git I happen not to subscribe to the view that all the Scouse supporters that afternoon were well behaved, sober, orderly, ticket holding citizens.

That's your right, I just question whether using the prejudices of the whole of South Yorkshire makes it especially credible.