back from the Coventry away game...

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: back...

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Apr 2009 00:36

Scrappy Every game we play will "kick start" our season apparently. When we realise that are actually crap and its time for certain people to move on? Changes should have been made at half time. Not on the obligatory 70 minute mark as Coppell likes to adopt. People clapped at the end of the game. Why? We were gutless and uninspiring. We played as if we have nothing to play for this season. We're just lucky Preston are 7 points behind us otherwise playoffs would look optimistic.
and yet there remains 21 managers (in the Championship alone) who would rather be in our position.

c0ck

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 05 Apr 2009 01:01

AthleticoSpizz
Scrappy Every game we play will "kick start" our season apparently. When we realise that are actually crap and its time for certain people to move on? Changes should have been made at half time. Not on the obligatory 70 minute mark as Coppell likes to adopt. People clapped at the end of the game. Why? We were gutless and uninspiring. We played as if we have nothing to play for this season. We're just lucky Preston are 7 points behind us otherwise playoffs would look optimistic.
and yet there remains 21 managers (in the Championship alone) who would rather be in our position.

c0ck

Ah yes, because you're seen as a regular on these boards you can go round giving people 1 word answers which make you come across as probably the thick one in high school. You could at least warrant the responce with an answer, hense the title of the forum, "discussion boards".

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Apr 2009 01:10

Scrappy
AthleticoSpizz

c0ck

Ah yes, because you're seen as a regular on these boards you can go round giving people 1 word answers which make you come across as probably the thick one in high school. You could at least warrant the responce with an answer, hense the title of the forum, "discussion boards".
me, a regular?

that was a very long time ago my friend,

Excuse me if I remain pro-Coppell whilst I look at the divisional tables

Phil Parkinson could do with your aimless support right now

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 05 Apr 2009 06:58

Schards#2 Can the last person alive (who goes to the games) that thinks we are not dull and uninspiring please turn the lights off.

to be fair i think it can be said that Woodcote is finding it even more dull and uninspiring than you now!!! Who would have thought it.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: back from the Coventry away game...

by rg6royal » 05 Apr 2009 08:41

Crap game, good day out. And the beer at half time was pretty good tbh. I'm sorry but Little and Kitson aren't as good as everyone makes them out to be, little escpecially is past it. Thought Kelly had a good game and probably was up for motm maybe? We never get going until the last 10 minutes when it's too late and even then the final ball is lackluster. Where was Kebe today? When he was playing we were winning more games, adds alot to the side imo. Also bringing Nhunt on with 9 minutes to go...what's the point??!!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 05 Apr 2009 08:48

I can't add much to the summaries. It was a poor dull game. I can't remember either keeper making a save of any note.

We just can't seem to pass, tackle or shoot. In fact most of the game was lumping it down the channels, misplaced passes, head tennis and moaning to the ref about his crap random decisions. We only started to attempt to play for the last few minutes of the game. I was left thinking this is what it will be like for next season when we lose Doyle and others.

Not looking forward to the Sheffield game or the long trip to Blackpool.

The stadium looks decent, a bit like the CoM, but because it's half full is soulless. Seating is appalling for a new stadium, cramped legroom and narrow seats. Crap pub too.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 05 Apr 2009 08:59

Just woken up. Not really sure what happened yesterday, but I know it didn't involve being in the slightest bit interested in one of the most boring football matches of all time.

Best bit= the bit when I wasn't watching the game. LOL@ how shit this division is.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 05 Apr 2009 09:13

Was there a game yesterday, must have passed me by! Crtainly didn't feature on Reading's radar.

Two absolutely dreadful teams incapable of anything more than kicking the ball in the air.

Reading absolutely no interest or desire to take the game to Coventry until the last few minutes. Anybody seriously want to bother turning up to watch that sack of crap embarrass themselves v Sheffield United?

When Barnsley turn up it will be 4 months since our last Saturday win. Thankfully there are also no more international breaks so at least that's one upside.

And yet, to further emphasise this rather strange and thoroughly odd season, if Birmingham lose at home to Wolves tomorrow we could go second on Good Friday....! Well we can dream.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Apr 2009 09:36

rg6royal Crap game, good day out. And the beer at half time was pretty good tbh. I'm sorry but Little and Kitson aren't as good as everyone makes them out to be, little escpecially is past it. Thought Kelly had a good game and probably was up for motm maybe? We never get going until the last 10 minutes when it's too late and even then the final ball is lackluster. Where was Kebe today? When he was playing we were winning more games, adds alot to the side imo. Also bringing Nhunt on with 9 minutes to go...what's the point??!!

I think maybe the introduction of youngsters throughout the team may help... they seem to be the only players who will actually play out of their skins with a point to prove, ok there may be more mistakes but i am sure there will be more chance of 3 points.

We just don't have anyone who has the burning desire to actually play for RFC, let alone promotion!! I never thought I would say this but we miss MURTY, we just lack inspiration and the players are certainly not going to get that from SSC from the touchlines!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 Apr 2009 09:53

Oh. And where's Readingbedding with his "promotion party" thread. :roll:

I think the club are going to come very unstuck next season - assuming we don't go up - they will sell far fewer season tickets, crowds will be down and we'll have less money going into the coffers. We'll sell our better players, buy some cheap ones, if we buy any at all, and be lucky to mid table next season. The players should be ashamed of themselves imho, no-one was really trying yesterday and yesterday wasn't an isolated incident. As someone else said, why clap them at the end of a game in which they showed themselves to be passionless and inept against another pretty poor side? Tbh, the players may as well have all just stuck up two fingers to us at the end of the game, because that's the impression they give me of their thoughts on the fans and the club.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 05 Apr 2009 10:08

Yesterday reminded me of the reasons why I don't really bother with away games anymore :|

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 05 Apr 2009 10:17

Royal Lady Oh. And where's Readingbedding with his "promotion party" thread. :roll:

dropped on its head, repeatedly, as a small child?

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 05 Apr 2009 11:01

I didn't bother going, nor listen to it on the radio, as like the team and manager I've now given up on the season as well. The only pleasing thing was I lumped on 0v0 for the second away game running.

Play-offs!!! We haven't got the balls to go up in the play-offs.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 05 Apr 2009 11:14

What a dull match

Some random thoughts

Cov kicked lumps out of our players in teh first half while the ref chastised Bikey for breathing

Tabb was the only one who really looked like he wanted it - for obvious reasons

Defense was solid

Why, oh why can't we just shoot at the goal? A bit of "wellie" would probably have got us a goal

Big LOL at the set piece free kick in the first half which turned into a pathetic mess

Who is Glen Little?

Cov staff generally very welcoming and why can't our car parks empty as quick?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 05 Apr 2009 11:18

I'd just like to say LOL @ anyone who has an away season ticket. I thought it was bad enough at home but by God was I shown differently yesterday. Thank the Lord for Strongbow and some decent weather otherwise the day would have been a total write off. I don't know quite what has happened with the team but the sooner our midfield can be thrown in the bin and started from new the better. I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon usually but some of the football we are playing at the moment would make Tommy Burns laugh. Roll on Blackpool away :|

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 05 Apr 2009 11:28

The 17 Bus
Schards#2 Can the last person alive (who goes to the games) that thinks we are not dull and uninspiring please turn the lights off.

to be fair i think it can be said that Woodcote is finding it even more dull and uninspiring than you now!!! Who would have thought it.

Predictably, he won't have the balls to admit it on the relevent thread though.

I think I saw him flouncing away from the ground yesterday but I can't be certain as most of his features were concealed by egg.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 05 Apr 2009 11:32

what I can't fathom is how our games are utterly grindingly terrible every single week. Sure, we are playing some awful stuff, but somehow the other team also seems incapable of playing as well. It's not as if we do enough to dictate play, yet I don't think I've seen a single team who have looked any better than mediocre since Southampton played us way back in November.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 05 Apr 2009 11:37

I've seen many dismal performances and many dismal runs in the past but what sets the recent one aside is the total absence of any passion.

Yesterday was the most passionless game i've ever seen both from the players and the supporters alike. Understandable perhaps from Coventry who are midtable and going nowhere but Reading are in a neck and neck race for promotion yet no one seemed to give a toss.

After a couple of weeks break you would think the likes of Kitson would be fired up yet he can't be arsed to challange for most the balls in the air. If he doesn't want to play, what the hell's he doing on the pitch.

A desperate, passionless game in a silent soulless half empty stadium. Expansion fans take note.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 05 Apr 2009 11:59

There is no connection between the players and the fans - the responsibility of both sets.

How many players have a 'history' at RFC apart from Murty and to a lesser extent Doyle?

The comments of many on the board after Kitson left along the lines of "Goodbye you scumbag" will hardly fire him up and to return to a team being booed while they are still in with a shout, he'll probably have wished he stayed at Stoke.

Tabb has barely kicked a ball for RFC, but he's already the new John Oster/Shunt/Hughes in some peoples eyes.

We get the results we deserve, both as supporters and players

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 05 Apr 2009 12:30

hughsies no.1 anyone know why doyle wasn't involved?

"Emotionally drained" apparently.