Back from The game Sheff Utd

152 posts
2.8 lita injection

Re: Back from The game Sheff Utd

by 2.8 lita injection » 10 Apr 2009 20:24

Matejovsky was the best player today & gets subbed, ffs coppell i am losing my head with your decisions.

Tabb did ok when he came on.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 10 Apr 2009 20:26

What can anyone say after a performance like that, not JUST by Reading, but by the Refs too?
I don't even know where to start. However, I have concluded that, whenever we do hit the bar, we lose.

I started to think we were playing a lot better than previous games, but the 2nd half pretty much made that opinion disappear.
Some will say we were unlucky, I want to know just what Coppell is playing at. We are NO way near ready to go up. If we were promoted via play-offs im afraid we'd be straight back down. We don't deserve to be promoted anymore and it's a real big shame.
I have no idea why I agreed to go to Blackpool for the weekend! Deciding on whether I should rather go to Pleasure Beach on Monday, instead of the match.Sarcasm...

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Apr 2009 20:28

SLAMMED I can't believe im sayingthis, but Coppell out.

And just what would that serve at this time of the season?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Apr 2009 20:29

Terminal Boardom

Perhaps a change could build confidence a bit for the playoffs as Coppell himself just admitted in as many words on BBCRB that he can't inspire the team and instill some belief.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 10 Apr 2009 20:32

You can't inspire players that have given up on the cause, same as last season.

The mistake that RFC made was to pay over the odds to keep a couple of players that think they are better than RFC, and also to go the foreign players route, when we know little about those players, or how they may settle into English football.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Apr 2009 20:34

The 17 Bus You can't inspire players that have given up on the cause, same as last season.

The mistake that RFC made was to pay over the odds to keep a couple of players that think they are better than RFC, and also to go the foreign players route, when we know little about those players, or how they may settle into English football.

You mean like Kitson? Why sign them back then?

Good managers always manage to lift their teams.

REALROYAL

by REALROYAL » 10 Apr 2009 20:35

Jay tabb was great today. We need to see a lot more of him in the nezt 5 games. The rest were crap. and when iv had a big glass of wine or 2 im going to slag them all off..

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Apr 2009 20:36

Royalee
Terminal Boardom

Perhaps a change could build confidence a bit for the playoffs as Coppell himself just admitted in as many words on BBCRB that he can't inspire the team and instill some belief.

I haven't heard the BBCRB stuff. If that is the case then that is particularly disturbing. For that to come from someone who has over 1000 managerial games under his belt is actually frightening and speaks volumes for the attitude of the squad in general. Maybe someone like Roy Keane would be handy.

I have the feeling that the likes of Doyle and shunt have been going through the motions ever since the new year. Horrible similarities in performance to Shorey last year.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 10 Apr 2009 20:39

I don't want Coppell out now. But i want him out before the start of next season. He cant take us any further.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Apr 2009 20:40

Royalee
The 17 Bus You can't inspire players that have given up on the cause, same as last season.

You mean like Kitson? Why sign them back then?

Good managers always manage to lift their teams.

But once the players cross the line what else can the manager do? If the players dont give a toss - well, some today looked as if they cared - they know that the worst that will happen is that 3 of them will be taken off.

wichygbloke

by wichygbloke » 10 Apr 2009 20:41

"I thoroughly enjoyed it, mostly due to the fact that I stuck some dosh on a Sheffield United win"

As did I (sadly) but gonna use the funds to buy a season ticket next season - just deciding where!! (JOKE)

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 10 Apr 2009 20:41

Not kitson as it happens, has never been top earner at the club, hos did Hunt get an improved contract after no one would buy him in the window TWICE???

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Apr 2009 20:43

wichygbloke "I thoroughly enjoyed it, mostly due to the fact that I stuck some dosh on a Sheffield United win"

As did I (sadly) but gonna use the funds to buy a season ticket next season - just deciding where!! (JOKE)

It'll come in handy if Coppell leaves I guess - I may reclaim a season ticket myself after giving mine up this year.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Apr 2009 20:44

The 17 Bus Not kitson as it happens, has never been top earner at the club, hos did Hunt get an improved contract after no one would buy him in the window TWICE???

Because he runs about a lot which makes him a good footballer in the eyes of Coppell and many of our brainwashed fans. Add to that he used to play for Brentford and he's Irish.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 10 Apr 2009 20:44

Why call for Coppell's head?
Is he not the one who made Reading break the record?
Is he not the one who made Reading play supremely well in the first half of the season?
It is clearly the players' faults.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Apr 2009 20:47

SteveRoyal Why call for Coppell's head?
Is he not the one who made Reading break the record?
Is he not the one who made Reading play supremely well in the first half of the season?
It is clearly the players' faults.

FACT

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 10 Apr 2009 20:47

Terminal Boardom
The 17 Bus Not kitson as it happens, has never been top earner at the club, hos did Hunt get an improved contract after no one would buy him in the window TWICE???

Just what did shunt do today? Useless C U N T. The sooner he f u cks off the better. My cat would do better on the left wing. In fact, I am tempted to buy a ticket for the Barnsley game and get a massive "OI SHUNT, F UCK OFF" banner made and display it from the WSU!

Useless C UNT!

I sincerely hope that he does not get player of the year.

Isn't your cat injured at the moment though?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 10 Apr 2009 20:48

Royalee

Because he runs about a lot which makes him a good footballer in the eyes of Coppell and many of our brainwashed fans. Add to that he used to play for Brentford and he's Irish.

So the fact that Coppell does not do contracts, but it is done by N Hammond means it is all coppells fault. Someone sees the contract as a way of getting a better price for the asset, remember football is a business, but the asset then cannot be arsed.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Apr 2009 20:49

The 17 Bus
Royalee

So the fact that Coppell does not do contracts, but it is done by N Hammond means it is all coppells fault. Someone sees the contract as a way of getting a better price for the asset, remember football is a business, but the asset then cannot be arsed.

I'm sure Coppell could've chosen for us to let him piss off to Sunderland when they were offering about ten times his value.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 10 Apr 2009 20:50

Getting Coppell out this time of the season when we need a calm head to manage the team through this storm will not resolve the issues on the pitch. Take Kitson off, play Doyle and Nunt together and bring Kitson back in as a sub if needed. Doyle always seems to be scrapping for the ball and Kitson always tracks back to the point where he's not anywhere in the box when needed.

There were brief bursts today where we had SU on the back foot and under clear pressure only for play to break down due to sloppy/slack passing or simply by not playing pacey football. On occasions our own players were getting in each others way in an already congested goalmouth.

152 posts