Back from The game Sheff Utd

152 posts
Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from The game Sheff Utd

by Sarah Star » 10 Apr 2009 23:40

Does anyone know why the team came out so late to warm up? Wondered if Coppell was trying to fire them up.

RoyalBird

by RoyalBird » 10 Apr 2009 23:40

Terminal Boardom
RoyalBird
Terminal Boardom
Marcus
Cisse
Doobs
Kebe
Shunt
Doyle
Harps
Lita
Long
Ivar
Fed
Boris

And as for your list of who we should get rid of, some of your choices are just ridiculous!

Please explain.

None of the above have been pulling up any trees of late.

Lita is obviously out of favour so will move on

As for the rest, what justification is there for them staying?

Ahh, if you included the words 'going to move on', then we're getting somewhere and I can see why you might think that...

Marcus - He's old and distribution is poor, but will be a useful reserve with his experience helping Feds and Andersen
Cisse - Why?! On today's evidence, he was playing well imho until his unfortunate injury, and he hasn't really done anything to be told to move on
Doobs - Fair enough
Kebe - Inconsistent, yes, but can be such a dangerous weapon when on form, as proven earlier on this season, perhaps impact sub?
SHunt - He'll probs go during the summer, someone will sign him
Doyle - He's on a poor run of form, but with the service he's been getting, no wonder. By far our most talented player at Reading imho, would be stupid to get rid of him, unless someone's going to put up a lot of cash for him
Harps - Frustrating at times, yes, but if you want your player who's prepared to die for the club, here's your man!
Lita - see SHunt, although the guy should be given a better chance than he has been given
Long - Uhh, again why?? Again, by what you think we need, he's one of those players who is enthusiastic and proud to wear the shirt
Ivar - See Harps and a bit like Hahnemann, he's old and fairly slow, but will be a useful back-up and help Pearce and any others develop
Fed - See Long, plus he's very unlucky not to be our current GK
Boris - Again by your logic, he's another player who would die for the club and proud to wear the shirt, just a shame he's old and slow now...

So explain, why do you think we should get rid of all of these players, despite their talent (for some admittedly), loyalty to the club, and determination?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 10 Apr 2009 23:45

That was a better performance than some we've had to put up with of late. We were looking like we were getting on top, however once they scored I never thought for a moment we would equalize. You can see the confidence issue. Coppell clearly doesn't provide inspiration from the sidelines and there is no leader providing drive on the pitch. With Sidwell leaving and Murty losing his place this team has become too weak mentally and that's why we can never seem to turn around a bad run. You don't just need technical ability to succeed, you need mental strength and that is what we're lacking.

The first half was very even and pretty boring. Maybe we edged it. The second half started well with us well on top until they scored. We had a couple of chances and a penalty shout, on another day, who knows.....Here are my ratings anyhow:

I should say that I was sat in the north east corner and whilst their goal was obviously a shambles I failed to make out which players were specifically to blame.

Hahnemann - 4 - What did Federici do wrong to lose his place? Marcus' distribution was poor today, multiple times I found myself thinking "I wish Fedders was in". His handling wasn't too bad and he made 1 good save, but you need more from keepers, you need somebody who can help start attacks. Federici could have made all the takes and saves Marcus did and get attacks started more effectively.

Kelly - 4 - He's just a kid but I have to be honest. In the first half he looked okay I guess. But in the second half he made many errors and was often caught out of position. If he wants to break into our team he must do better, I think a loan spell next season would suit him. He supported attacks well, with varying results on his final ball.

Duberry - 4 - Defensively solid, poor on the ball. Hoofed and given away all the time. No wonder we can't score when the moment our centre back gets the ball it's straight back with the opposition. Should have done better with his chance.

Bikey - 6 - Gave away a lot of fouls. However he never looked like being beaten and carried an attacking threat. He had one lovely touch and high shot from a free kick and one great run. He's actually capable on the ball which makes a great change from Duberry.

Armstrong - 7 - If only the rest of the team had his will, passion and commitment. Solid at the back and supported Hunt well.

Kebe - 5 - Shock horror I thought he was alright. Sometimes appeared a bit weak and had one poor cross from a great position. However he provided the cross for Kitson to hit the post and worked the ball well down the right

Matejovsky - 6 - Ran the game for a spell in the second half. He even put in a couple of tackles. At the same time he got some decisions totally wrong when in good positions and gave the ball away sometimes. Best pass of the day for Kebe to skew his cross out for a goal kick.

Cisse - 7 - Looked like a real force in midfield prior to his injury and broke up attacks well. I'd say best player on the pitch before he went off. I hope it's nothing serious.

Hunt - 3 - Great effort, no quality. What's with all the back heels and flicks? He's not bloody Ronaldo. Made the wrong decisions far too often and I can't remember him putting in a good delivery all game. Every season he gets his new contract and loses his form immediately. He clearly thinks very highly of himself and moans about the club who have given him his break when he doesn't get his move to the Premiership. His heart isn't in it. He can produce the goods for Ireland but not for us any more. If he can keep his game up for the Royals and act professionally when speculation is about then he could be one of our best players. However I'm not convinvd he can and we should accept any decent bid for him the summer.

Doyle - 7 - I don't care if this man's not scoring, I think he's class. Worked very hard to get the ball into channels and hold it up. Won us lots of corners and attacking throw ins, never gave the ball away. If his strike partner worked like he did then we'd be far more dangerous up front.

Kitson - 3- What's happened to him? At the end of 2007 he was the highest English goalscorer in the Premiership and good value for a call up. His link up play was great and he worked for the team. Since that 6-4 Spurs game he's not the same player. Poor in possession today and very lazy. I remember in the second half Kelly put in a good cross and he was 10 yards outside the box. He can't link up play like he did either and he missed 2 very good chances. Kitson of 2 years ago > Noel Hunt >>>>> Kitson now. Noel has to come in for Monday.

Subs

Tabb - 8 - I thought he was our best player. Disciplined, neat in possession and not afraid to go for a tackle. We lost Cisse's size and presence but Tabb's energy made up for it and on top of that he was good going forward. Should have hit the target with his chance late on, but I think he should start on Monday.

Little - 6 - Glimpses of quality but nothing worth remembering.

N. Hunt - N/A - Not given enough time and did anybody in the ground know what position he was playing?

Ref - 2 - Why was Doobs booked whilst Darius got away with a poor tackle to take out Cisse. Doobs' 'foul' could very easily have led to a goal too, when it was a perfect tackle. Missed a blatant handball in the box. Every ball in the air where it was 6 of one and half a dozen of the other seemed to result in a Sheff Utd free kick.

Fans - 8 - In good voice even when the team were struggling. I've seen us louder against West Ham, Man Utd and indeed most of our opening Premiership matches. However this is probably the best I've seen us whilst the team are really in a bad way. I didn't hear boos or anything, we actually supported the team for once. It was poor of the players to walk in after the final whistle without applauding the efforts. Even Marcus didn't hang around.

All in all a bad day at the office. For auto it's a case of win all remaining 5 games and see if it's enough. It may not be. We should still make the play-offs though, 1 or 2 wins will do it. If we make them, who knows what happens. One thing is for sure, 3 out of 4 teams in the play-offs leave heartbroken, so I'm not too confident. I think the players and management should focus on getting over the disappointment of seemingly throwing away automatic promotion and focus on what is still a great opportunity to win promotion back to the Premiership.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 10 Apr 2009 23:55

Just got in after a nice drive back to Nottingham. Thought we played some alrite stuff second half, we were really unlucky to lose, but its the same old story..

my ratings

Marcus- 5- poor kicking
kelly-6- some good, some bad
Armstrong- 6- defensivly solid
Dubbery- 6- average
Bikey- 7- played well, look like he really cared
Kebe- 6- Some good, some awful
Hunt -5- alot of running but no ball ability...cant remember a cross???
Cisse- 6- Doing alrite untill injury
Matejovskiy- 7- tried to make things happen, didnt all come off, but he cared
Doyle- 6- Not one shot in game, but didnt really get service, usual doyle
kitson- 6- took both chances well, was unlucky

Tabb- 8- brilliant on ball, and great challenges, must start on monday in centre mid
Hunt- 6- looked lively, not enough time
Little- 6- didnt get enough of ball

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 11 Apr 2009 00:03

rhroyal For auto it's a case of win all remaining 5 games and see if it's enough. It may not be. We should still make the play-offs though, 1 or 2 wins will do it. If we make them, who knows what happens. One thing is for sure, 3 out of 4 teams in the play-offs leave heartbroken, so I'm not too confident. I think the players and management should focus on getting over the disappointment of seemingly throwing away automatic promotion and focus on what is still a great opportunity to win promotion back to the Premiership.

I think we can now safely say that automatic promotion is gone and, as for winning in the play-offs, how long have you been following Reading? That doesn't happen! Particularly in a form slump this bad! :cry:

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 11 Apr 2009 00:04

Flyingkiwi
rhroyal For auto it's a case of win all remaining 5 games and see if it's enough. It may not be. We should still make the play-offs though, 1 or 2 wins will do it. If we make them, who knows what happens. One thing is for sure, 3 out of 4 teams in the play-offs leave heartbroken, so I'm not too confident. I think the players and management should focus on getting over the disappointment of seemingly throwing away automatic promotion and focus on what is still a great opportunity to win promotion back to the Premiership.

I think we can now safely say that automatic promotion is gone and, as for winning in the play-offs, how long have you been following Reading? That doesn't happen! Particularly in a form slump this bad! :cry:

Forget form, past records and everything. Once you're in the play-offs it's a case of winning 2 ties for promotion. Whatever the circumstances, it is a great opportunity.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 11 Apr 2009 00:38

rhroyal Forget form, past records and everything. Once you're in the play-offs it's a case of winning 2 ties for promotion. Whatever the circumstances, it is a great opportunity.

It is a great opportunity, yes. But not as good an opportunity as we had a couple of months ago when we had games in hand to take us top.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 11 Apr 2009 00:47

rhroyal
Flyingkiwi

Forget form, past records and everything. Once you're in the play-offs it's a case of winning 2 ties for promotion. Whatever the circumstances, it is a great opportunity.

Don't get your hopes up of making the play offs

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 11 Apr 2009 00:57

Looks like we are destined for the playoffs. Nevermind eh.

With are continued bad form, it just makes me think that SC might have taken us as far as he can.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 11 Apr 2009 01:45

You have to work hard to screw up like we have.

Next year? With Newcastle and Boro coming down? Yeah, so we'll be playing for one playoff place.

And yet, go up this year, and you have a chance to stay up.

Tired of the predictable 0-0's and the 1-0's.

When did we last score an early goal...or even a goal in the first half?

Yet still Doyle et al get all the credit and are covered in glory.

While our defense and our keeper get raped.

Fact is, our defense has done a job. A job good enough to get us promoted.

Yet every week, we pile on the defense. And how Doyle is running his nuts off.

So how come we don't win 2-0 or 3-1? Or blow up and have a 4-0 or 5-1? At home?

Then we ain't even talking about the defense. Or our keeper's 'distribution'.

Complete and utter madness.

If we don't go up, it will be our Offence that has cost down the stretch. :oops:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Apr 2009 01:52

Oddly enough, I enjoyed this game, in fact i fookin loved it.....just hated the result

You could not fault anyones effort

One of our best defeats this season (sadly)

Marcus 6 - great commanding of his area, two great saves, hurried and panicked kicking let him down at the end.

Jules 7 - brilliant performance from the lad for 80 minutes...10 minutes of inexperience

Doobs 7 - some great victories in the air (one or two piss poor passes from defence), generally cleared his lines well............unbelievably booked for doing the perfect tackle ...shame on you Mr Friend!

Bikey 6 - With him around, we will not leak too many.....disappointed with his lack of normal prowess up front on set-pieces

Stretch 8 - MOM worked his bollox off...Sheff U will want him back next season

Shunt 4 - always at the cessation of most of our best moves, however, looked sharp in the first half.

Cisse 6 - not as invisible as some have suggested on here...one or two crunching tackles...and involved in one or two decent moves (scarey injury)

Marek mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (my nemisis) 50 minutes worth an 8, the remainder of his game....2

I was delighted to see him billy bollox big time getting stuck in ...... then sadly (yet predictably) let us down again for his last 20 minutes

JKebe 2 - Sorry mate

Doyler 6 - all effort no goals

Kits 8 - Played the game as he has always played it for us, unlucky with the crossbar bound header and the Paddy Kenny world-class save. Lots of flick-ons to his pals that were "once upon a time" there to put them away.

Subs

J Tabb 8 - little battler, like Shunt once was....gains incredible inches in the aerial challenges

Glen L 6 - cheeky chancing lay-offs (lovely back-heel)

N Hunt 6 - no faulting his effort

Play-offs for us now, but take this entertainment to each game......

......and I will have no complaints

tlcs

by tlcs » 11 Apr 2009 07:52

AthleticoSpizz Oddly enough, I enjoyed this game, in fact i fookin loved it.....just hated the result

You could not fault anyones effort

One of our best defeats this season (sadly)

Marcus 6 - great commanding of his area, two great saves, hurried and panicked kicking let him down at the end.

Jules 7 - brilliant performance from the lad for 80 minutes...10 minutes of inexperience

Doobs 7 - some great victories in the air (one or two piss poor passes from defence), generally cleared his lines well............unbelievably booked for doing the perfect tackle ...shame on you Mr Friend!

Bikey 6 - With him around, we will not leak too many.....disappointed with his lack of normal prowess up front on set-pieces

Stretch 8 - MOM worked his bollox off...Sheff U will want him back next season

Shunt 4 - always at the cessation of most of our best moves, however, looked sharp in the first half.

Cisse 6 - not as invisible as some have suggested on here...one or two crunching tackles...and involved in one or two decent moves (scarey injury)

Marek mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (my nemisis) 50 minutes worth an 8, the remainder of his game....2

I was delighted to see him billy bollox big time getting stuck in ...... then sadly (yet predictably) let us down again for his last 20 minutes

JKebe 2 - Sorry mate

Doyler 6 - all effort no goals

Kits 8 - Played the game as he has always played it for us, unlucky with the crossbar bound header and the Paddy Kenny world-class save. Lots of flick-ons to his pals that were "once upon a time" there to put them away.

Subs

J Tabb 8 - little battler, like Shunt once was....gains incredible inches in the aerial challenges

Glen L 6 - cheeky chancing lay-offs (lovely back-heel)

N Hunt 6 - no faulting his effort

Play-offs for us now, but take this entertainment to each game......

......and I will have no complaints

YOURE EASILY PLEASED

NO EASTER EGGS FOR YOU

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 11 Apr 2009 07:57

This has been a completely wasted season, we now have one more year to rebuild and get promoted before the parachute payments run out and we end up like Charlton and Soton.

COPPELL out now, lets start rebuilding for next year, when hopefully we'll have players and a manger committed to the future of the club.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 11 Apr 2009 08:44

I thought we were pretty poor in the first half, more like Coventry where we got the ball and just hoofed it forward hopefully. Contrast that to Sheffield were they worked the ball from the back and if it was hoofed forward it found the target. No player except Doyle seemed to be able to control the ball and pass it.

Second half something changed and we started passing and playing much better and I really thought we'd score sooner or later. Sadly when we went 1-0 down that was it, revert to hoofball and kitchen sink.

A special mention goes to Doobs who, for a player who's made the Champions League, is an absolute liability with virtually no skill at all on the ball, gives away cheap fouls in dangerous places and forced Marcus to clear some terrible back passes.

The only glimmer of hope was Tabb who has what we've been missing in midfield, commitment and the ability to tackle.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 11 Apr 2009 08:58

Amazing to me every week people expect a player like Doobes to somehow be better than the 7 million pound international that is Doyle.

Although in a way, Doobes has been better. Because most every week its 0-0 or 1-0.

Our defence has done a job and been good enough to get us up.

Its our lack of scoring goals that has cost us.

I swear we could go a whole year without scoring a goal and people would still give Doyle an '8' and say he's class.

We could have a shutout in every game for a year and people would still give Doobes a '2' and say he's crap.

'I don't care if Doyle doesn't score goals, he's quality'.

What, so you don't care if Doyle doesn't do his job then?

You are absolutely having a laugh.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 11 Apr 2009 09:26

Get use to the slide down the championship as it will continue into next season when Mr Coppell and his backroom staff have all left the club as the style of football we have played this season has led to our demise and will continue to do so.

We will be a mid to low championship team at best next season with more home and away defeats to come with a total rebuild of the RFC team needed to get them playing football again as what we have played in 2009 has been utter crap.

The football has become predicable with no entertainment on the pitch, playing with no width until we go a goal down and then we take off the play maker Mateosky off what is the man thinking.

Tabb played the holding midfielder when Cisse was injured and looks to be an asset and needs to start to get game under his belt if only more Reading players showed his commitment to the cause I know see why Coventry fans thought so highly of him.

Mr Coppell you have run out of excuses so let the players do to the talking from know on because your tactics have not worked nor will they unless you change things drastically.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 11 Apr 2009 09:49

PEARCEY
howser For what it is worth

USA-------5-----------Done what he had to ok, distribution gave the united defense valuable heahing practice
Kelly------6-----------A young promising lad I thought he done ok
Duberry--5-----------Cumbersome, no passing ability, just hoof and hope
Bikey-----5-----------Always expect him to "cock up" during a game at sometime
Stretch--6-----------The normal stretch, largly reliable, and would be more effective if he had a left winger that was worth his place
Kebe-----4-----------Amateurish sham display
Marek----6------------Was the only player with any creativity in the first half, disappeared in second and was taken off
Cisse-----4-----------Was hardly involved prior to his injury, but then again he is in midfield so wouldn't expect him to be
Hunt S----4----------Shouldn't need a shower after that horrendous display, totally spiritless and he is fading rapidly
Doyle------7----------A credit worked his arse off and deserves all the praise
Kitson-----7----------Tried and tried but had absolutely no service

Tabb-------3----------Never worked out why we bought him, lucky not to get sent off, 2 minutes after coming on
Hunt N-----5---------Whats the point of bringing him on so late

Coppell-----3--------Responsible for this and since December for this lifeless, dull, uninspiring and spiritless shambles of a team.

Tabb...3 ???? Thought he did really well. Put some crunching tackles in and showed real commitment. Should start ahead of SHunt on Monday...SHunt was again hopeless today.
Bikey is too casual but he deserves more than a 5 for some good defending and a brilliant run...but he did get badly caught out from their hoof upfield....still love him as a player though.
Despite all the doom and gloom were Sheff Utd the better side?...I dont think so.

tabb got motm in corporate arrea and i thought he did well and wasn't afraid to get stuck in. only consolation was having Howard af 14s for first goalscorer

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Apr 2009 09:52

Granted this is a TV opinion and therefore less valid, but I thought Reading playeed better than they have done for a while. Taking the game on it's own merits,i'd say it was an acceptable performance and they didn't really deserve to lose. Put in the context of our season however, and it's something of a disaster.

Sheff U were solid but unspectacular. Well-organised but limited.

How we've not managed to walk this division I do not know. It's rubbish, unfortunately so are we. Play-offs now, and I don't see us making the final. Fanks.

rfc58

by rfc58 » 11 Apr 2009 10:00

Terminal Boardom
SLAMMED I can't believe im sayingthis, but Coppell out.

And just what would that serve at this time of the season?

May I present Roy Hodgson and Fulham to counter that arguement.

Fulham were nailed on to go down, they made a late change, and well, I think we all know how that ended.

The team currently are in free fall, and what ever we think of certain players, they aren't that bad. But it would seem that they have no real desire or believe they can still get the holy grail.

So, a fresh face, new coaching team might just give them new confidence.

Lets be honest, this sh*te we have been enduring has gone on now for too long. Its the same every week, so its fair to say, Coppell and his coaching staff are trying the same tactics in training, and it isn't working.

I don't need a crystal ball to work out SSC will walk at the end of the season, so its not a knee jerk reaction is it, maybe a new gaffer (temp or permanent) will give the players believe again.

If, and its a big if, we make the play off's, we don't have the confidence or tactics to do the business.

I really hope I am wrong, but its been poor for too long.

What summed it up for me yesterday, I watched the match again, and heard the commentator say "Too many Reading players do not want the ball" !

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Apr 2009 10:09

I was at the game and I've since watched it twice more on the TV. Rewinding, checking.

I simply think 90% of the people posting on this list are morons.

Just check the thread and see Tabb being slammed and getting MoM from some.
Just check the thread and see Cisse being slammed for being invisible.
Just check the thread and see Stretch both slammed and MoM.

etc.

Point one, SHEFFIELD UNITED ARE A GOOD TEAM, on form, this was their seventh win (and two draws) in 9 games and they recently beat both Cardiff and Birmingham and are now second.

Point 2 we played very well and were a little unlucky not to have scored, then Sheffield had one piece of jam and got the goal.

Had we played like that against Preston, Bristol, Ipswich, Forest, Charlton we would have won those games comfortably.

Go watch Sky-Plus and explain to me why Cisse could be criticised at all. He won tackles, covered everything, completed virtually all his passes. He was a comfortable 8 until he got his injury.

Ditto his replacement, Tabb, gutsy, energetic, flew into tackles, passed well. Name a serious mistake he made other than his first tackle which could have got a card)... sure he might've got that shot on target but it's not like he hit the corner flag. Without a doubt, injury-free he should get a run in the team.

As for Stretch, he was immense, a 9 IMO. He worked and worked and worked, won tackles, supported the LW, and near the end saved us a couple of times and kept the ball in play.

Matejovsky was absolutely excellent for the first 70 minutes. He won tackles, he turned and beat players. IMO that 70 minutes, was as good as he's played and he's real class

Bikey is a great defender, and it's great to see someone take a chance and use the ball instead of the automatic hoof. SURE he'll cost us a goal here and there getting caught in possession but he'd be first man on the team-sheet for me, one of the few who have genuine class.

The boy Kelly, for all bar ten minutes, was playing well enough to keep his place. He played with speed and confidence, way beyond what should be expected for a kid who was starting just his third league game. CONGRATS, kid. There wa once where he took an extra touch to make sure and the ball went for a goal kick, but other than that he looked excellent.

I have been p!ssed off with SHunt for a while but I took the time yesterday to watch just how much work he does, the tackling back, the challenges, the covering. Get this, as a defender, as a defensive midfielder, as all-round support, he had a good game yesterday. A GOOD game. He won ball at least four times in our box. He broke up one Sheffield free-kick, raced away, fed Doyle and ran the length of the pitch with one other RFC player. Both were clear, in space and Doyle fluffed the pass. It should have been a goal.

Hunt played well.

What was WRONG, was he wasn't there on the LW or RW enough. It was our pattern of play that was the problem. They are chasing things too much instead of doing the simple stuff well.

What was wrong (and whose fault is that?) was we played far too much up the middle, chipping balls for Kitson to flick or Doyle to flick. It's boring and predictable and plays right into the hands of big, strong, quality defenders. I know it's easy to blame the wingers as individuals but what was more noticeable was that the overall pattern of play wasn't like the first half of the season (I'm saying pattern, not quality or commitment)....

When we were playing well first half of the season we were playing about 90% wing-play, the FBs worked well with the wings and there was always at least one striker (and the other winger) in the box waiting for the cross. Time and again yesterday, Kitson was deep and Doyle was wide, there was nobody in the box to receive a cross.

For 65 minutes or so, we played very well against a very good, strong side. The possession stats for long periods were 65%. After we let in the slightly unlucky goal we started to panic and could have conceded again, but that's par for the course for most sides chasing a game like that. Either they get the equaliser or conceded the killer second goal on the break.

We will win comfortably to nil at Blackpool and again versus Barnsley. I think we could easily win the next four, and if we beat Birmingham we could still nick second. Even if we don't get the auto-spot, I think we have turned the corner, and we could go into the play-offs with 5 wins or WWWWD and a bit of momentum.

152 posts