F.A.O Marcus Hahnemann

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

F.A.O Marcus Hahnemann

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 May 2009 10:13

Ignoring players out wide who are unmarked and want the ball, in favour of hoofing the ball inaccurately to

a) No-one
b) Out of play
c) The opposition's goalkeeper
d) Aimed at Shane Long who is about 4ft tall

DOESN'T WORK.

HTH.

P.S Hahnemann out............NEW KEEPER PLEASE

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: F.A.O Marcus Hahnemann

by Royal Lady » 13 May 2009 10:18

I doubt very much we'll be renewing his contract - esp with a new manager coming in.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 13 May 2009 10:20

Is it Hahnemann's fault that the manager goes one up front and that person being Shane Long? Might answer d)

What's he supposed to do? Would you honestly throw a ball at Rosenior? The only thing I'd thorw at him is a grenade.

or roll it to Doobs and Pearce? who will then..........hoof it at Shane Long.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 13 May 2009 17:28

We wouldn't of lost 2-0 last night if we had Federici in goal. Hahnemann is too short and struggles in his dives.

New Goalkeeper needed.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 13 May 2009 17:29

LoyalRoyalFan We wouldn't of lost 2-0 last night if we had Federici in goal. Hahnemann is too short and struggles in his dives.

New Goalkeeper needed.

the simple fact is his arms are too short

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 13 May 2009 17:33

I agree! I'm not sure if Marcus' Heart/attitude was in the right place after moaning that the club had not offered him a new contract.

I thin AFed is capable of stepping up to the No 1 spot!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 13 May 2009 17:33

I think we could well be bringing as new keeper into the club in the summer (there if that doesn't pave the way for Marcus signing a new deal then nothing will)

For the record we're likely to lose Hamer to Brentford as he is out of contract in June and is hardly likely to want to stay when he can get 1st team football in the third division.

If Hahnemann also went then we'd be left with Federici and Anderssen which is just too inexperienced in my opinion.

Of course Federici has done OK when he's been in the side so why not let him take over with Anderssen as number two, well only the new manager will tell and let hope he's announced before the end of this week so as transfer options start to be sorted now and not when its too late.

Darren Caskey's Dietician
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Darren Caskey's Dietician » 13 May 2009 19:18

Are you all mad? Or do you just know nothing about football? (actually, reading most of the posts on this board at the moment, I know the answer to that)

This season, Reading are TOP of the league in keeping clean sheets. 21 of them to be precise, and of those, Hahneman kept 16 of them. Last night he was beaten by two great goals, and the game before, he was beaten by Bikey.

Feds started well in goal when he came in, but the moment Ivar was injured, he suddenly had some work to do, and started leaking goals all over the place, and was subsequently dropped for USA. And scoring against Cardiff doesn't make him a better keeper. I will admit, his distribution is better, but all round as a keeper, he isn't as good as USA.

We should look to keep USA for at least another season, unless we can get a top keeper in - which I doubt we will be able to do.

Gilksey

by Gilksey » 13 May 2009 19:25

Alan Partridge What's he supposed to do? Would you honestly throw a ball at Rosenior? The only thing I'd thorw at him is a grenade.
or roll it to Doobs and Pearce? who will then..........hoof it at Shane Long.

:lol:

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 13 May 2009 19:27

The MVP
SouthDownsRoyal Ignoring players out wide who are unmarked and want the ball, in favour of hoofing the ball inaccurately to

a) No-one
b) Out of play

DOESN'T WORK.

HTH.

'greed.

He's shit.
He's never been very good.

dear god, how did you learn to type you inbred?...how long you been watching Reading?..do you remember season 2005/2006? a GD of 67..how do you think that came about?, 32 goals conceded in 46 league games, why don`t you just fook off out of this board you utter cock?

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 13 May 2009 19:47

Royal_Belly I agree! I'm not sure if Marcus' Heart/attitude was in the right place after moaning that the club had not offered him a new contract.

Dam right, Fed for number one. He is a great keeper.

Really looking forward to next seasons settled attack of a fully fit NHunt, Lita, Long and Doyle!! (Really don't think he'll leave)

Its the midfield where we have a problem.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 13 May 2009 19:55

Alan Partridge
What's he supposed to do? Would you honestly throw a ball at Rosenior? The only thing I'd thorw at him is a grenade.

:lol:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 13 May 2009 19:57

skipper
Royal_Belly I agree! I'm not sure if Marcus' Heart/attitude was in the right place after moaning that the club had not offered him a new contract.

Dam right, Fed for number one. He is a great keeper.

Really looking forward to next seasons settled attack of a fully fit NHunt, Lita, Long and Doyle!! (Really don't think he'll leave)

Its the midfield where we have a problem.

Isn't Lita a free transfer in June?

Federici is not a great keeper either. Been very inconsistent when given a chance, and hugely suspect to his low right.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 May 2009 19:57

AP, I'll throw a grenade if you do, he can't avoid both :evil:

Anyone who thinks Feders would have done any better than Hahnemann last night is a moron. THose were fantastic strikes he had no chance against. And I don't know what game certain people were watching, but I saw Hahnemann throwing the ball out quite a lot, certainly in the first half. Something he was very guilty of not doing against B'ham.

Gu1nn3sS

by Gu1nn3sS » 13 May 2009 19:58

Darren Caskey's Dietician Are you all mad? Or do you just know nothing about football? (actually, reading most of the posts on this board at the moment, I know the answer to that)

This season, Reading are TOP of the league in keeping clean sheets. 21 of them to be precise, and of those, Hahneman kept 16 of them. Last night he was beaten by two great goals, and the game before, he was beaten by Bikey.

Feds started well in goal when he came in, but the moment Ivar was injured, he suddenly had some work to do, and started leaking goals all over the place, and was subsequently dropped for USA. And scoring against Cardiff doesn't make him a better keeper. I will admit, his distribution is better, but all round as a keeper, he isn't as good as USA.

We should look to keep USA for at least another season, unless we can get a top keeper in - which I doubt we will be able to do.

I agree. It's odd how people on this board are blaming USA. Both goals were hit really well and any keeper would have difficulty keeping them out of the back of the net.

My blame would fall directly on the lackluster defense that never decided to step up and get in front of Patterson streaking right at goal with all the room in the world.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 13 May 2009 19:58

Both goals were superb in all fairness.

loyalroyal

by loyalroyal » 13 May 2009 20:04

Chaney
The MVP
SouthDownsRoyal Ignoring players out wide who are unmarked and want the ball, in favour of hoofing the ball inaccurately to

a) No-one
b) Out of play

DOESN'T WORK.

HTH.

'greed.

He's shit.
He's never been very good.

dear god, how did you learn to type you inbred?...how long you been watching Reading?..do you remember season 2005/2006? a GD of 67..how do you think that came about?, 32 goals conceded in 46 league games, why don`t you just fook off out of this board you utter cock?

LOL - Don't get your thong in a twist :lol:

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 13 May 2009 20:25

Deathy Both goals were superb in all fairness.

At the game I thought Hahnemann could have stopped both goals as they seemed to take an inordinately long time to get to the goal. Watching them again on tv I realised even if he'd been a position to even try stopping them it would have been impossible as they were actually hit quite hard and fast and unexpectedly :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 May 2009 20:29

Sarah Star

At the game I thought Hahnemann could have stopped both goals as they seemed to take an inordinately long time to get to the goal. Watching them again on tv I realised even if he'd been a position to even try stopping them it would have been impossible as they were actually hit quite hard and fast and unexpectedly :roll:

The second in particular was just fantastic. Thompson had so little time and space to do it. He had to see Hahnemann off his line and how the ball was dropping AND volley it in tight to his body all in the space of a second or two. Straight after having gone up for the ball and been challenged strongly.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 13 May 2009 20:30

Sarah Star

Did you commentate on MOTD a couple of years back?

Deja Vu