F.A.O Marcus Hahnemann

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: F.A.O Marcus Hahnemann

by RoyalBlue » 13 May 2009 20:36

Alan Partridge Is it Hahnemann's fault that the manager goes one up front and that person being Shane Long? Might answer d)

What's he supposed to do? Would you honestly throw a ball at Rosenior? The only thing I'd thorw at him is a grenade.

or roll it to Doobs and Pearce? who will then..........hoof it at Shane Long.

Do what he did just manage to do on the odd occasion, roll it to one of them as they were both being quite successful at playing relatively short passes to our midfielders who then did the more creative and challenging stuff!

On one occasion Pearce was stood unmarked some 15-20 yards away absolutely screaming his head off at USA for the ball. Ignoring him, USA hoofed it straight down the throat of one of the Burnley centre backs (even though Kitson was up front by then). Cue angry words from Pearce!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 May 2009 20:43

Sarah Star
Deathy Both goals were superb in all fairness.

At the game I thought Hahnemann could have stopped both goals as they seemed to take an inordinately long time to get to the goal. Watching them again on tv I realised even if he'd been a position to even try stopping them it would have been impossible as they were actually hit quite hard and fast and unexpectedly :roll:

Using the distance and speed stats from Sky, my son worked out that USA had about 1.3 seconds to react to the first shot. Might seem a very short time but perhaps not as much so for a top professional keeper?

I do think he looks as though he has been overdoing the chocolate brownies this season and some pundits have already commented on how Robinson appears to have improved having shed some weight.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 May 2009 21:27

RoyalBlue
Sarah Star

At the game I thought Hahnemann could have stopped both goals as they seemed to take an inordinately long time to get to the goal. Watching them again on tv I realised even if he'd been a position to even try stopping them it would have been impossible as they were actually hit quite hard and fast and unexpectedly :roll:

Using the distance and speed stats from Sky, my son worked out that USA had about 1.3 seconds to react to the first shot. Might seem a very short time but perhaps not as much so for a top professional keeper?

I do think he looks as though he has been overdoing the chocolate brownies this season and some pundits have already commented on how Robinson appears to have improved having shed some weight.

Yet Jensen is an absolute Porker and has had 2 fantastic games against us at least.

Those goals were unstoppable. At least by Hahnemann, the defenders and midfielders on the other have a lot of blame to take.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 May 2009 21:32

LoyalRoyalFan We wouldn't of lost 2-0 last night if we had Federici in goal. Hahnemann is too short and struggles in his dives.

New Goalkeeper needed.

Just for the record, can I point out that Hahnemann is an inch taller than Federici...

Fezza

by Fezza » 13 May 2009 21:33

Certainly thought he was out of position on the first goal.

Rumours abundant in Pangbourne that he was just eager to get back to the USA to play with his guns!

Thought he has been particularly woeful for the last month and now looks like he has eaten all the pies!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 13 May 2009 21:37

Sarah Star

I applauded the first one.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 13 May 2009 21:41

the wheelz boyz could have got accross the goal quicker for Burnleys 1 st goal last night than Hahnemann.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 13 May 2009 22:31

First goal looked wrong on SSN last: Marcus really should have got it.

He made so few mistakes last season and was our one player who performed at a Premiership standard, but this year, the injury, the crap kicking and the impressive Federici interregnum have all added up to produce a sub-standard, nervous goalkeeper. The future is Federici and he should have been playing recently.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 14 May 2009 00:05

Ian Royal
Sarah Star

The second in particular was just fantastic. Thompson had so little time and space to do it. He had to see Hahnemann off his line and how the ball was dropping AND volley it in tight to his body all in the space of a second or two. Straight after having gone up for the ball and been challenged strongly.

But how did it come about? Simple. Tabb and Harding both followed the man with the ball, leaving Patterson free for the ball to be played to him. If they'd understood each other better and one had tracked the winger and the other stayed with Patterson, it would have been a very different result.

On such things are matches (and promotions) won and lost.