Dave Kitson!

161 posts
Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Dave Kitson!

by Dirk Gently » 14 May 2009 15:33

Jeffers217 Dave Kitson is still the best Reading striker to have played at the Madejski since it was built

He was once - unfortunately once he started to believe that, then the struggle of playing while carrying such a massive ego around with him stopped him being effective.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 14 May 2009 15:35

Jeffers217 Wasn't the greatest decision by Coppell though I felt Noel Hunt had the spring we needed but Kitson automatically meant he was further down the pecking order

Noel has had injuries over the last few months. That's why he hasn't played and maybe why Kitson was brought back.

Maybe...............

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 14 May 2009 15:41

Does anyone think Kitson may be carrying an injury, say a groin or achilles strain? He just didn't seem to be himself, and I refuse to put that down to laziness because there was a massive amount at stake for him invested in his return. The only good thing about his return is that we now know that he is no good to us, whereas if he had not come back and was offered to us cut price now, we might have jumped at it, not knowing how much he has deteriorated.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 14 May 2009 15:44

facaldaqui Does anyone think Kitson may be carrying an injury, say a groin or achilles strain? He just didn't seem to be himself, and I refuse to put that down to laziness because there was a massive amount at stake for him invested in his return. The only good thing about his return is that we now know that he is no good to us, whereas if he had not come back and was offered to us cut price now, we might have jumped at it, not knowing how much he has deteriorated.

Nope, no injury - just an over-inflated sense of his own ability!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 14 May 2009 16:29

1 of the only good things to come out of not winning promotion is ginge is not playing for us

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 May 2009 16:31

Dirk Gently
Jeffers217 Dave Kitson is still the best Reading striker to have played at the Madejski since it was built

He was once - unfortunately once he started to believe that, then the struggle of playing while carrying such a massive ego around with him stopped him being effective.

true

something happened to him in that last season with us, and hes never been the same
this time round he mainly just got on my tits
goal aside

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 14 May 2009 16:32

loyalroyal4life 1 of the only good things to come out of not winning promotion is ginge is not playing for us

loyalroyal4life is the username I always wanted but they wouldn't let me register it :twisted:

Maaan, that username is the dogs bollox, lets people know not only is you a royals fan, but a loyal one - FOREVER!!!!1!!!1!eleven!!!!!

don't spose you'd consider a trade :?:

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 14 May 2009 16:34

Just remember back to the time he was rumoured to be coming on loan. The mood on here was, generally, very supportive due to his past with us. A select few of us queried the value that he could add - and we were right. I am not pleased about that, I said at the time I'd love to be wrong - but what was an out of form, lacking confidence in front of goal striker ever going to add to this team? :evil:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 14 May 2009 16:43

AF1
loyalroyal4life 1 of the only good things to come out of not winning promotion is ginge is not playing for us

loyalroyal4life is the username I always wanted but they wouldn't let me register it :twisted:

Maaan, that username is the dogs bollox, lets people know not only is you a royals fan, but a loyal one - FOREVER!!!!1!!!1!eleven!!!!!

don't spose you'd consider a trade :?:

copter :lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 May 2009 16:44

******sound of ride of the valkyries and copter blades************

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 14 May 2009 16:45

Dirk Gently

Martin Butler and Cureton playing together were the best strikers we have had at the Mad,Kerry Dixon and Sir Trevor Senior at Elm Park(Frank Richardson in the real old days but even I dont remember him).

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 14 May 2009 16:48

ankeny Martin Butler and Cureton playing together were the best strikers we have had at the Mad

Where do I begin?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 14 May 2009 16:59

Kitson has rather burnt his bridges with Stoke though hasn't he?

I have to admit the thought of losing out on the remaining transfer fee from Stoke for Kitson had we got promotion took a lot away from his return, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him return for a (relative) cut price - maybe we let them off £500K or so, as I'm not sure he has a future at Stoke (nor, by the way he played for us when he returned, for anyone else at premiership level).

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 14 May 2009 17:02

From BBC Sport

Kitson set to make Stoke return

Kitson has scored twice in 30 games for Stoke and Reading this season
Striker Dave Kitson will return to Stoke City after Reading failed to win promotion to the Premier League.

The 29-year-old joined Stoke for a club record fee of £5.5m from Reading but returned on loan after failing to score in 18 appearances for the Potters.

"Dave will be welcomed back," Stoke boss Tony Pulis told BBC Radio Stoke.

"I'm hoping he comes back fresher and with a sounder background away from the club that allows him to concentrate on his football."

Kitson's loan switch to the Madejski Stadium was with a view to a permanent move had Reading been promoted from the Championship.

Stoke chairman Peter Coates confirmed in April that should Reading have been promoted the Potters would be due a fee of £4.8m for Kitson.

However, the Royals' elimination from the Championship play-offs, coupled with manager Steve Coppell's resignation, has ensured that he will return to the Britannia Stadium.

"Dave has got great ability," said Pulis. "I had high hopes for him, but he's not had a good year.

"I told Steve [Coppell] about the issues that he [Kitson] had off the pitch, but he was still willing to take a chance.

"Now we have to clear all that up
and get him back to what he does best, and that's playing football."

Have I missed something? What are Kitson's off the pitch 'issues' that are apparently not cleared up?

Can anyone enlighten us?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 14 May 2009 17:08

Northern Git From BBC Sport

Kitson set to make Stoke return

Kitson has scored twice in 30 games for Stoke and Reading this season
Striker Dave Kitson will return to Stoke City after Reading failed to win promotion to the Premier League.

The 29-year-old joined Stoke for a club record fee of £5.5m from Reading but returned on loan after failing to score in 18 appearances for the Potters.

"Dave will be welcomed back," Stoke boss Tony Pulis told BBC Radio Stoke.

"I'm hoping he comes back fresher and with a sounder background away from the club that allows him to concentrate on his football."

Kitson's loan switch to the Madejski Stadium was with a view to a permanent move had Reading been promoted from the Championship.

Stoke chairman Peter Coates confirmed in April that should Reading have been promoted the Potters would be due a fee of £4.8m for Kitson.

However, the Royals' elimination from the Championship play-offs, coupled with manager Steve Coppell's resignation, has ensured that he will return to the Britannia Stadium.

"Dave has got great ability," said Pulis. "I had high hopes for him, but he's not had a good year.

"I told Steve [Coppell] about the issues that he [Kitson] had off the pitch, but he was still willing to take a chance.

"Now we have to clear all that up
and get him back to what he does best, and that's playing football."

Have I missed something? What are Kitson's off the pitch 'issues' that are apparently not cleared up?

Can anyone enlighten us?

Ginger hair?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 14 May 2009 17:12

Royal With Cheese
ankeny Martin Butler and Cureton playing together were the best strikers we have had at the Mad

Where do I begin?

Lol, would have liked to see Butler or Cureton hit double figures in the Premiership.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 May 2009 17:15

I thought I read somewhere that his wife (didn't know he had a wife, but that's what I read) had had post-natal depression or something like that ... would be a good explanation of his drop in form.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 May 2009 17:16

Also wanted to add, I just can't believe the antipathy towards DK on here. For me he'll always be a hero for the role he played in our promotion winning season and many seasons before that.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 May 2009 17:34

has teh freedom of the town as far as im concerned

just started to get on my tits - probably influenced by the fact he walked out of the money/fame at stoke

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 14 May 2009 17:35

Royalwaster Also wanted to add, I just can't believe the antipathy towards DK on here. For me he'll always be a hero for the role he played in our promotion winning season and many seasons before that.

And that's the problem - both with him and Little. Coming back and failing has soured the memory of what they were and what they did to us.

But Kitson ego and what it did to the second half of the relegation season had soured that already, in his case, I'm afraid.

161 posts